Chants we may never hear again at DC…

Some random thoughts for the holiday period. Without wishing to temp fate it occurred to me that we may never again have the opportunity to chant “We are going up say we are going up!” Until the Super League is set up of course, although I doubt we will ever be given the chance to join that.

Equally unlikely is “We’re top of the league, we’re top of the league, we’re AFC Bournemouth we’re top of the league.” Unless the EPL agree that alphabetical order means AFCB ranks above Ars at the start of each season.

On the other hand wouldn’t it be great to hear again “We’ve got Harry Harry Harry Harry Redknapp on the wing, on the wing.” Assuming Harry the grandson is still on our books….!

Happy Christmas all.

It wasn't at DC....it was on Topsey leakers coach ( bloody hell I don't believe I'm writing this )
We are the happy gang, out for the day, Topsey Leakers in command, to see the cherries play
Oh how happy we shall be when we leave Division 3
on our way to victory, champs we shall be.
This was sung by about 6 or 7 old dears ....never went to the game but went shopping wherever we were playing......bloody hell, memories eh... :grinning:

When was the last time any of our chants were heard at an away game apart from red flag flying high. Just seems to be cringy chants aimed at the opposition.

You are my Bournemouth.
Take my hand.
We hate Brighton Hove Albion.
Hey Jude.
Glory, Glory, AFC Bournemouth.
Give us a B.
Sunny, sunny Bournemouth.
Forever and ever.
In Dublin's Fair City.
Build a bonfire.
Hello, hello, we are the Bournemouth boys.
Come on Bournemouth, come on Bournemouth, come on Bournemouth, come on.

These pissed up teenagers at away games don't even sing we love you Bournemouth, we do or Bournemouth till I die. Just crappie songs about libraries!

Zigger Zagger Zigger zagger......and the rest we never want to hear again.....sometimes it's good we don't hear outdated songs UTCIAD

Zigger Zagger Zigger zagger......and the rest we never want to hear again.....sometimes it's good we don't hear outdated songs UTCIAD

Think about how ridiculous the Man United fans sounded spending ten minutes singing about some French bloke who played for them a generation and a half ago.

To be fair, though, there wasn't much of interest to them happening on the pitch at the time to sing about.

Was only thinking this on Saturday

30 years ago the idea of a female officiating in the professional game would be greeted by 90 minutes of "get your tits out for the lads" and other assorted sexist abuse

I'm hoping that this didn't occur at Craven Cottage, can't see any reason why it should as these days as things have moved on

Probably can sing it to blokes with man boobs though?

Talking of Fulham and songs. Recall a fair few singing 'Where's your Dodi gone... where's your Dodi gone...' when we visited Craven Cottage on a sunny day in a packed away terrace just after Diana/Dodi horrific incident/crash.

Made me cringe how low fans can go sometimes. Would expect a club like Leeds to sing something like that, but was shocked when we did.

Another welcoming ditty from the South End back in the 70's was:

You're going home in a 'clucking' ambulance!

It was, "You're going home in a DORSET ambulance."

Then, of course, when just a hardy few that made it to DC, there was, "Come in a taxi, you could've come in a taxi."

At Gillyhoof one time, "Come in a brothel, you couldn't come in brothel."

When was the last time any of our chants were heard at an away game apart from red flag flying high. Just seems to be cringy chants aimed at the opposition.

You are my Bournemouth.
Take my hand.
Hey Jude.
Give us a B.
Forever and ever.
In Dublin's Fair City.
Build a bonfire.

These pissed up teenagers at away games don't even sing we love you Bournemouth, we do or Bournemouth till I die. Just crappie songs about libraries!
Definitely heard a chorus of Bournemouth til I die at some point on Saturday.

You are my Bournemouth.
Take my hand.
Hey Jude.
Give us a B.
Forever and ever.
In Dublin's Fair City.
Build a bonfire.

Come on Bournemouth....gets sung at every game home and away
Sunny sunny Bournemouth.....turns up occasionally
Hey jude..also....

;