Chelsea match tickets for points holders

TCherry

First Team
I have maximum points and can usually buy tickets pretty easily at 10:00am. You have to be prompt though.
I buy tickets in the Main Stand, yes it's quiet like a library sometimes but it's OK. This morning I selected the wrong block, block 4 instead of 3 (cheaper tickets) so I lost a few seconds.
Selected the correct block and my usual seat, that was gone. They suggested a seat in row B, too low for me. Selected another seat, that was gone, again the ticket process tried to get me to buy that seat in Row B.
Thankfully I managed to get another seat.
After I'd paid, there was a message saying that all seats for Chelsea were sold. This is at 10:03am !
Is this the sort of bun fight I can expect in future?

I have maximum points and can usually buy tickets pretty easily at 10:00am. You have to be prompt though.
I buy tickets in the Main Stand, yes it's quiet like a library sometimes but it's OK. This morning I selected the wrong block, block 4 instead of 3 (cheaper tickets) so I lost a few seconds.
Selected the correct block and my usual seat, that was gone. They suggested a seat in row B, too low for me. Selected another seat, that was gone, again the ticket process tried to get me to buy that seat in Row B.
After I'd paid, there was a message saying that all seats for Chelsea were sold. This is at 10:03am !
What I've gathered from other threads, this just means your personal allocation of tickets has gone.

No. Once you have purchased a ticket you can not access that game again. It’s new this season. Seems daft that it states all tickets sold. A clearer message should be used.

This message has been confusing a lot early on, and I hope it gets changed.

We think it means you have bought tickets already and can't buy any more, rather than as it suggests that all tickets have been solved.
That's fine then, thanks. Confusing though.

You're correct, though, that the tickets seemed to sell extremely quickly. I've never had the situation where I had to select seats about 5 times, only then to find that they'd just been sold. A sign of much more demand this season?

You're correct, though, that the tickets seemed to sell extremely quickly. I've never had the situation where I had to select seats about 5 times, only then to find that they'd just been sold. A sign of much more demand this season?

I think more a sign of fewer tickets available in the areas you want with Cherries Tuesday, more hospitality in block 1 etc?

Hopefully everyone in the top tier points bracket is at least guaranteed a seat before the points drop?

I think there's always plenty of demand, like you I had to re-select a seat twice because someone else was in the process of buying it.

It's just a symptom of the club withholding seats so that people with one point or more can get one on their Cherries Tuesdays. If they don't do that what's the point (pardon the pun) of them giving points for friendlies etc if people can't get seats.

It's a bit annoying for me as I had to wait 3 years before I got that magic single point and here I am now on maximum points and feeling that I have to be really quick to buy a ticket now. Anyway, many much worse things in life than this so I'm fairly philosophical about it..

;