Chelsea - The Verdict

In isolation a good point but, taken as a group of 3 games since villa, its hugely disappointing we have only taken 1 point from them. On the plus side we are creating more chances than on the bad run and good bounce back from last week and going into 1-0 down at half time. Still need to defend as a team better.

there was some pretty heroic defending today, particularly ake & cook. and a helluva lot to do!

In isolation a good point but, taken as a group of 3 games since villa, its hugely disappointing we have only taken 1 point from them. On the plus side we are creating more chances than on the bad run and good bounce back from last week and going into 1-0 down at half time. Still need to defend as a team better.

This sums up my thoughts. The way we're playing you'd say we'd have more than enough to stay up, I think we're as good as we have been in the top flight atm. The problem is that our terrible period has cost us so many points that we can't afford to drop points in games we've played well in like the last three.

The way i am starting to look at it, we have taken 7/9 points in our last 3 at home, 5 home games left, 2 of them from the top 6. (Leicester- having a wobble, and definitely beatable and Spurs- Terrible under Mourinho at the moment, winnable aswell) Get 4 points from them, takes us up to 31, and Southampton, Palace and Newcastle, we can surely get 7 points from, which takes us up to 38... The hard part, getting them...:utc::utc::utc:

Was King Injured then and did he have a hissy fit - who lobbed the bottle on the pitch.

Daft sub to make. We just sat deep when stan came on and invited it all over again.

I assumed it was a fitness thing like with Lewis Cook. If not it did look a poor decision as Stan was completely ineffectual.

Thought we looked like a team feeling the pressure, bunkering in and trying to keep our shape. If we had the extra confidence, that not scrapping for every point like our lives depend on it, I think we would have played more the style that suits us the most and gets more results i.e keeping our foot on the pedal.
Easy to say now I know but I would definately have taken a point at 3 o clock so can’t be upset with the result.

Good solid workman like performance in all of the circumstances with some old Bournemouth flashes. 2 good halves of each half. Settled for a point pre match.

I can appreciate taking King off, although he wasn't happy, but why Stanislas? Smith looked vulnerable in defence. Minor niggle why not Surridge on the bench instead of Solanke?

I get the points being made on here and tend to agree that was 2 points thrown away . We just don't learn and that is why we will more than likely go down. 1 up against Sheff utd, 10 mins to half time and we go backs to the wall. Not one single person upfront as any sort of outlet. Today 20 mins to go and we have 11 men in the box. The ball just kept coming back and everyone just knew the equaliser was coming. We threw 2 huge points away. Two points that will bite us badly. We could've gone to Anfield next weekend with a free hit , no teams able to put us in the bottom three with a home game against palace to follow. Instead villa can now put us in the bottom 3. Yes it was a good point against a top 4 team but by Christ when you get the chance to take 3 points you do everything you possibly can to hold on. What's happened to leaving a man upfront, running into the corners. Drawing fouls, giving fouls away to stop the play. We go into panic mode. We hit the panic button. God only knows why Junior came on. He did the square root of **************** all. Callum has lost his pace, Fraser's a prick who I then had to listen on the radio on the way home. He shouldn't be anywhere near talking about the team he doesn't want to play for. Yes , a point but I'm disappointed by it.

One really good thing was the bounce back after half time when it seemed unlikely anything would change. The spirit was there
Yep this. We looked a beaten team at HT, heading odds-on for defeat. Start of second half was exhilarating. More of that please!

Good solid workman like performance in all of the circumstances with some old Bournemouth flashes. 2 good halves of each half. Settled for a point pre match.

I can appreciate taking King off, although he wasn't happy, but why Stanislas? Smith looked vulnerable in defence. Minor niggle why not Surridge on the bench instead of Solanke?
Surridge isn't a happy boy. In fact he's proper pissed off. I'm in the plumbing game and a fellow plumber been working at his rental place in Lilliput last week. Had a good chat with him. He ain't happy, brought back from Swansea to sit on the bench and now not in the squad. Scored against arsenal but not in EH's plans. It ain't a happy dressing room.

Was King Injured then and did he have a hissy fit - who lobbed the bottle on the pitch.

Daft sub to make. We just sat deep when stan came on and invited it all over again.
Chelsea changed formation prior to King coming off, so I can only assume Eddie was adjusting things in response

;