Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth

billythekid

UTC Legend
Cherries Looking For Another Win At Stamford Bridge

After our League Cup game at Newcastle, the Cherries are away for their first Premier League game back after the recent break, with a visit to Stamford Bridge to play Chelsea on Tuesday 27th December at 5.30 pm. The game is being shown live on Amazon.

This season Chelsea sacked Thomas Tuchel after their away defeat in the Champions League against Dinamo Zagreb on the 6th September. It followed after some disappointing results in the Premier League. He had only been appointed by Chelsea on the 6th January 2021. He was replaced by Graham Potter who had been doing a good job in his third season at Brighton, winning four of their first six league games. When Potter took over Chelsea, after 6 games, they were in 6th place on 10 points. Now after 14 games, they are 8th with 21 points.

At Stamford Bridge this season, Chelsea have beaten both Leicester City and West Ham 2-1 and Wolves 3-0. They have drawn twice, Spurs 2-2 and Manchester United 1-1. They have had one defeat and that was 0-1 against Arsenal. In their away games they have won 3, drawn 1 and lost 4. Potter was in the Chelsea dugout when his team suffered a 4-1 defeat, their heaviest so far this season against his old club Brighton. Their last game before the World Cup break was 1-0 defeat up in Newcastle.

Chelsea in the Summer spent heavily, among their signings, defenders Lesley Fofana from Leicester City for £75 million and Marc Cucurella from Brighton for £60 million and forward Raheem Stirling from Manchester City for £47.5 million.

The Cherries have a pretty good record on their away visits to play Chelsea in the Premier League, having won on three occasions out of five visits. The last visit was in December 2019 and our team had lost their previous five games. There was only one goal scored in the game and it was a late one as well. Dan Gosling was the scorer, first it was ruled out for offside, but for once VAR favoured AFCB and the 84th minute goal stood.

In all the AFCB league visits to Stamford Bridge, our side have never drawn. AFCB have W 3 and L 3.
In all competitions, AFCB have W 5, D 1, L 10.

Chelsea Team News
They have eight players out injured, including £75 million signing Lesley Fofana.

Chelsea Player To Watch
Raheem Sterling has a very good record for scoring against our team. He has scored every season in the games we have played Manchester City in the Premier League. In the nine games against us he has scored 9 goals, including a hat-trick. He failed to score in two games, one home and one away. Joint leading Chelsea scorer with 3 goals.

AFCB Team News
It was reported that Jefferson Lerma and Marcus Tavernier had slight injury problems before the game at Newcastle, hopefully they will be available for Chelsea.
Ben Pearson and Joe Rothwell were ill. David Brooks and Neto it seems are still not ready. Lloyd Kelly is again available for selection, a nice headache for O’Neil with Mepham and Senesi playing well together as centre backs, it will be hard to drop either of them.

AFCB Player To Watch
Marcus Tavernier in his last three league games has scored 2 goals and had 4 assists and has looked very lively in our midfield. Up front Kieffer Moore has scored 3 goals in his last three league games.

The Referee
Simon Hooper is the man in charge for this game.
He was in charge of two of our games last season, the home game against Blackburn Rovers and away at Huddersfield.

According to GON, no decision yet whether players will train on Christmas Day.

Don’t want to come across all negative before he’s even managed a PL game as the permanent manager, but surely that is something that should have been decided by now?! Not as though the fixture list has just been announced.

Don’t want to come across all negative before he’s even managed a PL game as the permanent manager, but surely that is something that should have been decided by now?! Not as though the fixture list has just been announced.
Maybe more to do with the virus they have had in the camp and whether an extra day will help recovery.

No Tavernier would be a huge blow, he’s essential to how we like to counter.

If he’s out then I’d like to see Dembele or Anthony/or both start. Anybody but Christie please.

I think we need a mobile, quality attacking mid as priority in this window. Easier said than done of course.

I see Amazon have got people like Alan Shearer and Ally McCoist on their panels/commentary teams.

For Chelsea they have these people.

• Chelsea vs Bournemouth (5.30pm): Laura Woods, Guy Mowbray, Sue Smith, Joe Cole, Tony Pulis

I see Amazon have got people like Alan Shearer and Ally McCoist on their panels/commentary teams.

For Chelsea they have these people.

• Chelsea vs Bournemouth (5.30pm): Laura Woods, Guy Mowbray, Sue Smith, Joe Cole, Tony Pulis

Whilst generally I don’t tend to like streaming services… don’t know why, don’t have Netflix etc. I’m always impressed by Amazon’s football coverage. I think because they put random combinations of pundits and commentators together it just feels fresh.

Whilst generally I don’t tend to like streaming services… don’t know why, don’t have Netflix etc. I’m always impressed by Amazon’s football coverage. I think because they put random combinations of pundits and commentators together it just feels fresh.
Their win probability feature they update throughout the game is top notch too

He caveated it by saying how much they get done before the day. Thus if not happy will bring them in or if ok will give them a bit of time off. Maybe a device to motivate to work hard?

Yeah I only have Netflix, disney for stuff my daughter likes.

Read a fair bit about Netflix ethos, let's say its kind of guardian leaning, so I refuse to watch their productions, being the ignorant b4stard I am. Dont like their outlook, agendas they somewhat subtly push, same goes for disney.

Last edited:
Hope we've had or are having a jolly Cherry Merry Christmas. The Riverside Rocket is going into orbit for the first time since 5th November, can't wait : )

Most Christmases I get socks or underpants, if I'm lucky they're A.F.C.B. themed. A member of our extended family has noticed my penchant for brightish T-shirts, she's bought me a new coat. If you see us, you may notice it : )

Ps if Bill Foley's there, I don't expect he'll look at me and think " we all look the same" : )

Last edited:
Most Christmases I get socks or underpants, if I'm lucky they're A.F.C.B. themed. A member of our extended family has noticed my penchant for brightish T-shirts, she's bought a new coat. If you see us, you may notice it : )
So when people ask 'who set the table?'.....

;