Christian Saydee

Speaking to The News ahead of today’s trip to Westleigh Park, Cowley said: ‘The plan for all of our triallists is that they’re going to play Saturday and Sunday.

‘We’ll have a good luck and make a decision on them all, if possible, on Sunday.

‘If any of them are a yes and it’s a positive, the plan will be for them, within 48 hours, to come and join us in Spain.’

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/...-bournemouth-striker-christian-saydee-3754041

Not a great endorsement from the Pompey fans forum.

Triallist centre forward from Bournemouth (Saydee?) took 15 minutes to even touch the ball because he could never get in the right position but when he did he showed some nice touches and defenders bounced off him cos he's built like a brick ****************-house, but the nice touches ran out when he got near or in the box. It was easy to see why he has never scored in his career. He'll be good for someone like Havant, but too slow and too immobile for us on that showing. Nice to see every firs

He signed a one year deal at the end of last season so he is in trial with a view to a loan. I really don’t understand the point in keeping him on for just another year, if he has a good season out on loan then he will only leave on a free anyway to a club that will give him first team football. Either invest in him as a long term project or let him go permanently.

He signed a one year deal at the end of last season so he is in trial with a view to a loan. I really don’t understand the point in keeping him on for just another year, if he has a good season out on loan then he will only leave on a free anyway to a club that will give him first team football. Either invest in him as a long term project or let him go permanently.

Not at all, if he's progressing and we offer him a decent wage, a very good chance he'll stay longer... even if that involves another year or 2 out on loan. Unlikely he's going to be the next Messi/Ronaldo and receive an offer from an elite club, or any club near where we are in the ladder.

This isn;t unusual for youth system players at any club, another year gives us the chance to assess further and decide from there. If he's developing at a rate that indicates he may have the necessary potential/ability, then we'll offer him another deal at some point this season. TBH i doubt he will make it at us (unless we plummet down), hence only offering 1 year, but if theres a hint he may make it, a one year deal is worth us taking out. Small outlay for that slight chance he may be capable of playing at a decent level...

I don’t think he set the world alight at Burton (?) last season on loan. A bit like Rossi, there’s quality there but are they ever going to be fighting for a place in the team? Probably not.

I don’t think he set the world alight at Burton (?) last season on loan. A bit like Rossi, there’s quality there but are they ever going to be fighting for a place in the team? Probably not.
Certainly not now we are up a league. Just like Harry Cornick who probably would have played for us had we never been promoted, Surridge would probably have been his partner. That step up knocks it one step further from all apart from the very best.

;