Commiserations to Southend

i dunno. that run in during the 07/08 season under Bond was one of the most exciting times to be a fan. Points deduction, dead and buried before Easter, then a streak that gave us all hope only for Noisy to blow it with Donny. For a very brief moment in time Kevin Bond was like a Poundshop Pep.

i dunno. that run in during the 07/08 season under Bond was one of the most exciting times to be a fan. Points deduction, dead and buried before Easter, then a streak that gave us all hope only for Noisy to blow it with Donny. For a very brief moment in time Kevin Bond was like a Poundshop Pep.

That journey back from Carlisle wasn't very exciting. ;)

I agree though, never really had much problem with bond. He's no Quinn or Groves.

Bizzare season. the 4-1 defeat at Northampton (xmas time Friday night) was the worst I have ever seen us play.

Bizzare season. the 4-1 defeat at Northampton (xmas time Friday night) was the worst I have ever seen us play.

If you look back at who we had in that team, it's surprisingly strong sounding:
J.Pearce, Gradel, Pitman, Vokes, Cummings, S.Cooper, Anderton (when fit), Hollands, Bartley. You look at those names and wonder how they got near trouble in the first place. Obviously the points deduction didn't help but we were in trouble all season prior.

A bit like SoD's relegation team that had Elliot, Hayter, Feeney, Fletch, O'Connor, Howe, Hughes, Purches etc.

Goes to show the level of mismanagement it takes I suppose.

If you look back at who we had in that team, it's surprisingly strong sounding:
J.Pearce, Gradel, Pitman, Vokes, Cummings, S.Cooper, Anderton (when fit), Hollands, Bartley. You look at those names and wonder how they got near trouble in the first place. Obviously the points deduction didn't help but we were in trouble all season prior.

A bit like SoD's relegation team that had Elliot, Hayter, Feeney, Fletch, O'Connor, Howe, Hughes, Purches etc.

Goes to show the level of mismanagement it takes I suppose.

Vokes and Pitman had a lot on their shoulders there? Memory may be a bit off but I think Bond blew a fair bit of our Budget (salary wise, he may have been a free transfer) on Jo Kuffour as our main striker who contributed very little.
Also was this the season we started off with Begovic in goal, then Tardif and finally found some stability with David Forde?

Vokes and Pitman had a lot on their shoulders there? Memory may be a bit off but I think Bond blew a fair bit of our Budget (salary wise, he may have been a free transfer) on Jo Kuffour as our main striker who contributed very little.
Also was this the season we started off with Begovic in goal, then Tardif and finally found some stability with David Forde?
Yes I think you're right! Good memory sir.

Started the season with just as many first choice goalkeepers as we did strikers.

Used to like the song "one f in Tardif, there's only one f in Tardif"

;