Conclusions v Man City

Tindall said in his post match that he felt the team stuck to the plan really well, so one can assume that we set up to be uber defensive and counter-attack them... The uber defensive side of the plan worked really well and I thought we largely looked comfortable against them, however, the counter-attack was poor for the most...

As I mentioned above, our passing seemed all over the place, reverting to just punts or wayward balls.

Only watched the second half but I didn't actually realise L.Cook was playing for a while... Not sure it is fair to just hold Billing to account last night. Gosling was always in the thick of it...

In a sense Billing is actually really relaxing to watch. He just floats along, not a care in the world, and sometimes I wish I could be more like him, wondering if it's worth getting so worked up every weekend about something as trivial as a football match.
:clap::rofl:

...Billing reminds me of players like Jenas...Sherwood and others who IMO were 'luxury' types who never really stamped any sort of authority in games...I think that Billing is just of that languid disposition and unless you can be a more significant contributor by way of tackles or goals then you often look lightweight and disinterested...Surman was similar but his actual footballing brain was better!

We never noticed Surman because he was a smooth operator who understood what kind of footballer he was and played to his strengths. He knew he was excellent at the basics and recycling the ball and his entire focus was that. One and bit seasons in and I have literally no idea what kind of player Billing is trying to be. To be fair he does something pretty good every 4-5 games but that's about it.

...Billing reminds me of players like Jenas...Sherwood and others who IMO were 'luxury' types who never really stamped any sort of authority in games...I think that Billing is just of that languid disposition and unless you can be a more significant contributor by way of tackles or goals then you often look lightweight and disinterested...Surman was similar but his actual footballing brain was better!

Tindall said in his post match that he felt the team stuck to the plan really well, so one can assume that we set up to be uber defensive and counter-attack them... The uber defensive side of the plan worked really well and I thought we largely looked comfortable against them, however, the counter-attack was poor for the most...

As I mentioned above, our passing seemed all over the place, reverting to just punts or wayward balls.

Only watched the second half but I didn't actually realise L.Cook was playing for a while... Not sure it is fair to just hold Billing to account last night. Gosling was always in the thick of it...

Billing was much better in the first half, link here to a full match replay if you're interested
https://www.footballorgin.com/manch...uth-full-match-carabao-cup-24-september-2020/

He played a couple of really great raking cross field balls, one of which led to the first goal. Also put in a lot of effort tracking back and getting in some important tackles. He looked increasingly tired in the 2nd half. Agree about Cook, hardly noticed him all game.

I hope Kelly's all right but he really needs to make up his mind quicker if he's going to pass back to the keeper because atm sooner or later it's going to lead to a goal.

;