Coronation

GARYafCb

Fans' Favourite
Is there anyone out there who actually cares?
Apart from the fact it will cost us millions when Charles is a bleedin billionaire.
Have heard that some EPL games will be playing the National Anthem before kick off on Saturday.
I very much hope we don’t.
This mob of scroungers need to be downgraded to a ceremonial, rather than constitutional, monarchy and the civil list should be scrapped for all the hangers on.
And it would be nice if they gave back all the art and jewels given to the country but purloined for their own private collections by the top royals.

IMG_2230.jpeg

Ooh another thread about the royal family, it must be all of a few months since the last one, and nobody will have changed anyone's opinion an inch in the meantime.

I will watch the historical bits between other things going over that weekend, not least football obviously.

The Coronation falls just weeks after doctors, nurses and teachers all took to the picket lines to strike for better pay, and as the country battles with household bills rising yet again. Throw in a crumbling NHS and one in four UK parents forced to quit work or education to pay for childcare, the signs of financial hardship are everywhere you look.

So, with the country struggling on numerous levels, many are – naturally – finding it difficult to wave Union Jack flags and throw street parties knowing the sheer amount of cash that’s been pumped into the royal event.

We asked individuals what they would spend the Coronation money on instead. Here’s what they had to say….

https://metro.co.uk/2023/05/01/peop...100-million-spent-on-the-coronation-18627079/

The Coronation falls just weeks after doctors, nurses and teachers all took to the picket lines to strike for better pay, and as the country battles with household bills rising yet again. Throw in a crumbling NHS and one in four UK parents forced to quit work or education to pay for childcare, the signs of financial hardship are everywhere you look.

So, with the country struggling on numerous levels, many are – naturally – finding it difficult to wave Union Jack flags and throw street parties knowing the sheer amount of cash that’s been pumped into the royal event.

We asked individuals what they would spend the Coronation money on instead. Here’s what they had to say….

https://metro.co.uk/2023/05/01/peop...100-million-spent-on-the-coronation-18627079/
I would spend it on coke and hookers

In the old days, swearing allegiance to the king basically meant that you wouldn't join a bunch of rebels and try to kill him.
I'll happily pledge that 'I'll promise not to try and kill you, Charlie' on Saturday, and leave it at that.

It’s sheer madness. We apparently can’t afford to pay teachers and nurses a decent wage yet we can spunk millions up the wall on one of the richest families in the world.

You are being a bit harsh, we did see them clapping the nurses at Downing Street etc. ;)

Ooh another thread about the royal family, it must be all of a few months since the last one, and nobody will have changed anyone's opinion an inch in the meantime.

I will watch the historical bits between other things going over that weekend, not least football obviously.

oh sorry
i didn’t realise you had set rules about what could be posted and when
i apologise

We could get rid of Charles and his Family.....and have the Palace and all the Castles and Mansions...turned over to the Government ready for a nice Dictator to move in with all his entourage...Left or Right Wing example..
won't matter too much...a Putin...a Hitler even...then we can start attacking neighbours....
.... be careful what you wish for...:cuppa:

We could get rid of Charles and his Family.....and have the Palace and all the Castles and Mansions...turned over to the Government ready for a nice Dictator to move in with all his entourage...Left or Right Wing example..
won't matter too much...a Putin...a Hitler even...then we can start attacking neighbours....
.... be careful what you wish for...:cuppa:
Sometimes through all of your often unintelligible rantings I can see that you are actually quite an intelligent man…..then you go and write a load of old bollox like that.

Sometimes through all of your often unintelligible rantings I can see that you are actually quite an intelligent man…..then you go and write a load of old bollox like that.

Thing is Stan....we don't know the Future but we are entitled to fear for our Grandkids.
I'm not too impressed or enamoured tbh with ANY of the Royals for various reasons but when you see how the Politicians are letting things slip badly ...moving to a Republic comes with its inherent risks...especially in these times.
I'm an avid studier of History and Geography...and I know several people better educated than me that also have their heads in books...and don't particularly follow one side of the argument or the other...they just see potential outcomes. I spend a considerable amount of time discussing this type of thing with friends and relatives across the age ranges...it gets heated with a fairly balanced split.
I don't see anyone pushing for a Referendum on this subject.

;