Coventry City v AFC Bournemouth - Friday 7.45 pm

Personally I hope they go straight back down, along with every other club unfairly promoted via PPG (go Wycombe!).

Also hope any other team relegated by the same method immediately bounce back.
7 points clear of 3rd place, a game in hand, unbeaten in last 12 matches, with 4/5 of the season complete.You think it would have been fairer to keep them down?

Please stop reminding me of that game. I didn’t go to Blyth, so Cov was probably my nadir as a travelling fan. At least Lincoln could be laughed about (albeit a bit hysterically and drunkenly) afterwards, that game at the Ricoh had no redeeming features whatsoever

Considering just away matches in this century, that match at the Ricoh was exceeded by only two other worse results and performances. It really was awful.

Their 1-0 win moved them above us and we dropped into the bottom four with such company as Hartlepool and Bury. The fates of those two clubs could have been intertwined with ours if things hadn't turned around.

We had several future Premier League players in the side that afternoon.

David James, Miles Addison, Tommy Elphick, Josh Carmichael, Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis, Richard Hughes, Shaun MacDonald, Marc Pugh, Lee Barnard, Lewis Grabban. Steve Cook was on the bench.

After reading this thread just gone down an internet rabbit hole of looking at the 2012-13 season. I didn't see any games that season (for a variety of reasons). Winning 9 games on the trot at the end of the season, promotion; looked a cracker. Also interesting how good our transfer policy was that season (Ritchie, Fraser, Elphick, Grabban, Pitman all signed).

Please stop reminding me of that game. I didn’t go to Blyth, so Cov was probably my nadir as a travelling fan. At least Lincoln could be laughed about (albeit a bit hysterically and drunkenly) afterwards, that game at the Ricoh had no redeeming features whatsoever

Wasn't the investment in the bank though? I was annoyed with the performance, but knew better times were around the corner.

Very drunk day out too, ending with an argument with a Cov fan in the pub by the station, who threatened us with a pool ball. Good times..

7 points clear of 3rd place, a game in hand, unbeaten in last 12 matches, with 4/5 of the season complete.You think it would have been fairer to keep them down?

I refer my Honourable Friend to the case of Bristol Rovers, 1999-00

1601558437611.png
1601558493239.png

just had a squinny at their sky blues board
they're particularly confident of a comfortable win citing solanke as being hopeless, and brooks and king have already left, apparently

no mention of arnie :grinning:

Last edited:
I still stroke my chin and say Jimmy Hill, when I think someone is telling porkies, but the younger generation think I’m nuts.

Nyt072Q.gif

just had a squinny at their sky blues board
they're particularly confident of a comfortable win citing solanke as being hopeless, and brooks and king have already left, apparently

no mention of arnie :grinning:
I watched thier game with QPR and didn't think that either side would be a threat to us tbh...

Remember it as clear as day. We were still in with a shout of promotion at that point. Dean Court was packed. Beautiful Spring day and a double from magical Ray Bumstead, the first a header as I recall from probably the shortest man on the pitch.
That was a fabulous day......the road from Central station up to the Queens Park pub was sea of Sky Blue as we drove past..they had probably the best colours and most away fans id seen at DC other than Pompey...Cov fans were cock a hoop and top table...but Ray played outside himself for 90 minutes...maybe his finest hour! ..Great servant to Boscombe!
...from there the season went downhill alas!

So..After all the bloody hype about Riquelme. he hasn't actually signed and won't be playing tonight. And...AND it would only be a bloody Loan anyway...
.. FFS ! .. the big JT first 'signing' ....
..ju know what. ...I friggin...
..second thoughts ...forget it...!

;