Crystal Palace v AFC Bournemouth - Wednesday 7.30 pm

Great performance, only downside of the evening the poor view in the away end. Couldn't see anything of the left side past the half way line. It seemed the ball spent most of the time there.
Deserved win, really moving us up the table.

Great performance, only downside of the evening the poor view in the away end. Couldn't see anything of the left side past the half way line. It seemed the ball spent most of the time there.
Deserved win, really moving us up the table.
Best view, I've ever had there. Went across to the block where the empty seats were. I couldn't believe so few others did the same!

Best view, I've ever had there. Went across to the block where the empty seats were. I couldn't believe so few others did the same!

Back left near the segregation between home and away? We were to the right of that bit and it was poor but not the worst view I've had there. If they build that new stand and remove the TV gantry it wouldn't be too bad.

Thought that was very impressive, we were comfortably the better side in the first half and then put in a very disciplined display in the second. We were pretty poor in possession in the second half but the reality is that there are going to be games like this and the important thing was that we remained resolute at the back. Interestingly that Aston Villa team we dominated the other day just gave Man City the run around, I think we have really stumbled upon something good here and should be looking up rather than down.

Neto- 7- I really liked his distribution today, the majority of the time he went direct whereas earlier in the season he’d play it short religiously. I’m a big fan of a more direct style and keeping the playing out from the back stuff to a minimum. Made one decent save and was generally solid and dependable.

Smith- 7.5- the last few weeks really have proved to be a kind of renaissance for him, he looks full of energy and hunger again and is getting forward like the Smith of old. Can’t fault him in recent weeks, made a couple of vital blocks too.

Zabarnyi- 8.5- MOTM he really is beginning to look like a rolls Royce of a player, dealt with one of the leagues top scorers pretty comfortably. Read the game well and always in the right place to sweep up in behind. The block he made in the first half was as important as a goal and he had no right to make it really, just outstanding. If he continues with this form he will go right to the very top.

Senesi- 8- another very solid performance full of determination and fight. Can really see why he was nicknamed the gladiator at his previous club. Him and Zabarnyi seem to have developed a very effective partnership in which he is the ball winner and Zabarnyi is the sweeper, both seem to understand their roles and are helping to get the best out of each other.

Kerkez- 7- was solid enough considering he was up against one of the best wingers in the league, didn’t allow Olise to hurt us in any really dangerous areas of the pitch. My one criticism is that I would have liked to have seen more forward intent from him, which he is clearly capable of.

Cook- 6.5- plenty of endeavour and diligent tracking of runs off of the ball, good defensive positioning too. Defensively he would probably score a 7.5, however in possession today he was wasteful and he didn’t use the ball as effectively as he has been in recent weeks. I’m a big fan of him this season, but I don’t feel that today was one of his better days.

Christie- 7- the engine and the heart beat of our team, almost the perfect box to box midfielder. He has a great range of passing, carries the ball very well, has endless energy levels, great tactical awareness and can put in a tackle. If he could shoot then he’d probably be playing for a top six team, he’s that good in this role.

Sinistera- 6.5- looked calm and composed in possession without really threatening to unlock their back line. Would have liked to have seen him take on his man more frequently than he did. One thing I will say is that he is deceptively good in the air, that’s the second header that he’s made first contact from a corner that has lead to a goal now.

Semenyo- 7- not quite as impactful as in previous weeks but was still a real handful for the Palace back line, love how he is always so positive when on the ball. In a lot of ways I think his strengths typify everything that Iraola is trying to implement.

Kluivert- 7- I feel like his contribution is underrated, he knitted play together very nicely today between the midfield and the attack in the first half. He is clearly a very intelligent and technically gifted player, he also does a very good job at leading the press too. Looked threatening when running at their back line.

Solanke- 6- not really in the game this evening to be honest, but it happens. We didn’t really create anything of note for him but as always he put in a shift.

That was another very solid performance from our team, in control of the game and made it hard work for Palace to test Neto with a good defensive display and our keeper kept a clean sheet and improved our GD.

Tonight it was a defender who scored our first goal, after a good leap by Sinisterra who headed the ball across goal where Senesi headed the ball into the net.

Jefferson hit the post for Palace and blasted another over the crossbar.

Late in the game Solanke was withdrawn and Moore came on.

Then we saw Kieffer Moore win the ball and put a pass through to Tavernier, he passed to Billing who put a great cross which was the type of ball that Moore likes and he duly headed the ball into the net after being on the pitch for 3 minutes to make it 0-2.

After the game in an interview on TV, Roy Hodgson was very complementary about our team, even though he was getting some tough questions from the interviewer about his teams performance and up coming tough fixtures.

Last edited:
An excellent result and performance. I hold my hands and will say wasn't expecting this. Well AFCB both AI and players. We should not any motivating for Old Trafford. Tonights result should cure and tired legs for Saturday.
Don't you bother to read what you write before you post? Words missing and typos every time. Maybe concentrate on reading what you write instead of spouting shite. Please just keep predicting doom and gloom as it's working out well.

I don't suppose the purists on here liked that second half much. It was fine by me.
Not sure if you mean me based on yesterday’s chat, but always happy when we dig in at places like palace and win ugly. They stop teams playing; Can’t always play the pretty stuff (although first half we had impressive periods of play) but a repeat of that second half every game would soon have people calling for GON’s return!!

Fantastic premier league away win. Messed them up 1st half, took stock of the second half, bided our time, let them run around in circles. And then pounced!

We’ve seen a lot of dour second half performances in recent seasons. But there’s a difference between sitting back and surrendering control. Today, we sat back, but we were never not in control. Dominant performance.

Only downside for me was the clear loss in momentum once we lost Semenyo and Kluivert. It’s not that Billing doesn’t press, it’s that he doesn’t seem to press very well with the team. Kluivert has been excellent in that role. When Billing is around the box and linking play, he’s looking good still. But it feels like the role that he made his own has changed from under his feet a bit. He and Tavernier were both pretty quiet (ironically enough excepting the goal).

Our bench is also incredibly strong atm, considering we don’t have Adams, Scott, or Traore involved. So many options to change the game. Thought Sinisterra did well on his first start, good to see that we have a lot of effective players to choose from.

And speaking of effective players, Semenyo is starting to look like the real deal. The pure, raw pace and power he plays with is frightening. He just seems to effortlessly drive into space and create chances and positive moments. He’s not even particularly “skilful”, he just…does.

Up the Cherries!

Who knew we had a better more cultured DM than Lerma right under our noses!!! Christie has been unreal recently, hope he doesn't burn out....but surely he will want to play for his Scotland starter spot against Germany.....only Adams and Scott to come back in....enjoy this....who thought we'd fancy getting anything at United!!??
Good Times
UTCIAD

Fantastic premier league away win. Messed them up 1st half, took stock of the second half, bided our time, let them run around in circles. And then pounced!

We’ve seen a lot of dour second half performances in recent seasons. But there’s a difference between sitting back and surrendering control. Today, we sat back, but we were never not in control. Dominant performance.

Only downside for me was the clear loss in momentum once we lost Semenyo and Kluivert. It’s not that Billing doesn’t press, it’s that he doesn’t seem to press very well with the team. Kluivert has been excellent in that role. When Billing is around the box and linking play, he’s looking good still. But it feels like the role that he made his own has changed from under his feet a bit. He and Tavernier were both pretty quiet (ironically enough excepting the goal).

Our bench is also incredibly strong atm, considering we don’t have Adams, Scott, or Traore involved. So many options to change the game. Thought Sinisterra did well on his first start, good to see that we have a lot of effective players to choose from.

And speaking of effective players, Semenyo is starting to look like the real deal. The pure, raw pace and power he plays with is frightening. He just seems to effortlessly drive into space and create chances and positive moments. He’s not even particularly “skilful”, he just…does.

Up the Cherries!
Don’t disagree re billing but the cross for the clinching second goal was real class. Always enjoy a billing-Moore combination!

Interesting that a few posters declared our season was over when Scott was injured at city. Not sure who we are dropping to make way for him tbh.

I prefer sinisterra down the middle rather than wide but he turned back the years for that Willo type corner flick for that first goal and Senesi did the mark newson finish

Special praise to Kerkez too while I post. Lasted the 90 mins well and didn’t let Olise over-run him. Good news and great scenes when celebrating with AI the second goal

To see that second half was a dream....I have loved the attacking football this season but was always concerned at the back....a few little slips but we were so solid.....to see we can do the dirty stuff as well was so pleasing...loving the centre back partnership... this AI bloke seems to be a bit of a genius....won't be here long, let's enjoy this football whilst he's here!

A game of two half. First, beautiful. Second we were under more pressure but I never thought they were fully in charge. Great to see we can now tough it out rather than invite pressure and the inevitable goal.
We are not always going to blow teams away but there seems to now be a steely determination throughout the team.
Special mention to our centre back pairing - love the way they compliment each other really well - that Zabarnyi lad has absolutely **************** loads of potential for such a young player.

I really feel Christie has been the absolute key to our transformation. He is everywhere. Breaking up play, starting attacks, crisp passing. To me he's now the most important player besides Dom in our starting 11. Who would've thought!

Defence were immense last night. Smith is back to his prime form. Kerkez is growing every game.

I prefer Tav as a starter than Sinisterra, as think Tav has the engine to last the full 90 if needed and is less effective off the bench.

Another point, this is a very likeable side. Work rate and commitment in spades and so much spirit in the likes of Kerkez, Zab, Senessi, Christie, Dom and Tav. AI has a team playing for each other.

Our options off the bench when we get players back fit will be incredible. Keeping everyone happy will be the challenge. We look like a top half team/squad right now.

I thought Cook was a little off last night but still did OK. Very few negatives from another superb, albeit different type of, performance.

Well on an arduous drive and a ground I dislike (been miserable going there last few times!)
AFCB had a comfortable and disciplined victory!
Neto 7 Did okay nearly parried one out straight to a Palace striker until great defending cleared it, but a reasonably quiet night!
Smith 8 turning back the years
Senesi 8 scored decent goal and generally solid
Zarbarnyi 8 improving all the time with experience
Kerkez 8 held up well as CP targeted him all night!
Christie 7.5 busy busy but lost the ball when a pass would been better too often
Cook 8.5 another massive display dominated the midfield
Kluivert 6.5 largely quiet and not too effective
Semenyo 7 energetic and left
Solanke 6.5 worked his usual game but little joy on the night
Sinisterra 7.5 constant threat with his dribbling and tenacity

Outarra 6.5 Moore 8 what a goal Tavernier 6.5

Ref 4 fussy and too quick with the yellows

;