Crystal Palace v AFC Bournemouth

What an utterly ridiculous comment
I'm not sure that he has lost interest, but they all seem - shell-shocked. Until about the 70th minute I thought "OK we are being patient, move them around, get them tired, and then use the last 20 minutes to nail them". But now, I don't think it was patience, I think it was lack of any ideas.

Last edited:
Sorry to say there's a real lack of character in the team. S Cook apart, who shouts, organises, gives direction?? Is this why Eddie keeps bringing on Francis, who over years has been a key onfield presence? (Eddie must be desperate, given Francis's chronic lack of pace.)

This is a young squad lacking, above all, grit and determination. I'd buy at least one experienced, creative midfielder with some "go" in them. Until Brooks is fit we've nothing on the bench. Incoming needed before we fade out of sight.

The problem isnt just about tonight.... he messes with the team too much..and not enough where it matters ...fire power ?. .the only way weve stayed up so far. Wilson is Lazy more often than he is Industrious.

But moreover its about distractions of possible transfers out.. and rumours of Eddie to Everton etc. Players become unsettled so easily..

We send our fresh hungry young strikers like Surridge and Oforbh away...these guys should be at DC worrying Wilson...the bit where they walk past him in training and say .." Im after your place"... Wilson has no threat to his 'status'.....
It hasnt been right really since St Marys !
The Solanke and Dan Juma thing ....why arnt these guys going for it.
Have they walked into a ' lost dressing room' ?
Others mention the backroom staff...how bad is this problem.....its natural you might think that Eddie, being shown the loyalty by Max...that he would in turn pass that downwards..... this could be The Main Problem!
.. worrying for me too ..is the Lys Mousset story.....how did we not utilise this player!

Why does this slump happen every November.....?

When I saw S. Cooks name missing...I thought ..oh sh#t....Leadership Bingo ?

Questions ..Speculation....Crisis...Answers needed ...Soon!

This form might not take us down this season...but next season seems very possible!

What the feck can I say. Reminiscent of Groves and Brookes ( almost ).
Can't formulate my thoughts into coherent words, so disappointing : (

No real creativity in mid field.I know we haven’t got much on the bench but surely Gosling and Lewis would be better partners to Lerma to fashion a chance.As for Solanke where do you want to start?What does he offer for £19m? No pace ,can’t shoot ,can’t head ,but has tricky feet and is the tallest player we have. God help us Saturday .

Possibly the most inept performance you could wish to see.
I expect the must win versus Burnley coming up to be a carbon copy of that rubbish we just had to endure.

Very concerning.
Yes, we do have enough quality players that we shouldn't get relegated, but SO DO WATFORD.
I was just so frustrated watching it. Small things, that normally you wouldn't notice such as when Mepham passed a square ball to Ake he without fail played it slightly behind him rather than so Ake could run onto it without breaking stride. I was so irritated that even that became something I was watching. And believe me, Mepham did it every single time.

Fraud gang, Solanke what a hopeless donkey. We were a bag of cement and heading down. Players have let Eddie down, complacent and think they've made it when theyre average. Shouldn't have bought Francis on but he's probably about GD come the end because we're that pathetic. Callum you wouldn't make the San Marino team let alone England. Fraser just go you waster.

Very disappointed after watching that.

Thought we were too cautious in the first half and not pressing the 10 men enough to find a way through to goal.

The second half thought at worse we would come away with a point, but come away against 10 men with nothing!

We sold two players in the Summer, Lys Mousset and Tyronne Mings who were not regular starters in our team.

Eddie brought in five players, so most of our team and forwards are still there.

Not sure what has happened to Callum, after not scoring until we played Leicester, he then scored 5 goals in the next 4 league games. Then came two international breaks and he hasn’t scored in the league since.

Last season at this time we had scored 26 goals and had 23 points.

This season at the same time we have scored 18 goals and have 16 points.

If we lose against Liverpool on Saturday, it will be the first time since we have been in the PL that we would have lost 5 league games in a row.

So who knows we might have another 4-3 result. ;)

Last edited:
Not gone through all the posts so not sure if this has been posted.

Kris Temple

Eddie Howe has just told me on @solentsport: “That’s as low as I’ve ever felt as Bournemouth manager at the end of a game”, after 1-0 loss to ten-man #CPFC. #afcb

I think some folk were pointing out last season that the warning signs were there and that something was not right with our set up and the writing was on the wall after some very poor performances ? :throw:

We had slack periods in games and went awol in others but the players always managed to rise to a challenge, this bunch not so much,if at all ! One of the biggest questions relates to our transfer policy in and out and how much we have shelled out (mega bucks) for some players who have turned out to be average or well below average performers?

What is happening to them after they arrive here, there must have been a reason we bought them and after being here under our coaching staff they seem to lose their natural ability and become slow motion automatons passing sideways and backwards and tonight's tripe was just that, what are they doing on the training ground and are they being over coached into robots ? :hmmm:

We used to play exciting , fast free flowing football that kept us all on the edge of our seats, now its like watching a marching band who just found some instruments and are playing them for the first time, sadly we have become "Johnny one notes" , boring and predictable ?

Lets hope Eddie and his staff can be honest with themselves and seek solutions that will keep us in the Premier and stop the boring nonsense that is being served up at present.

Last edited:
Eddie did the decent thing and balanced up the 10 men when he brought Francis on. Why Eddie? History books end of story.

....well I did leave early as it was such a sterile performance I just couldn’t see us scoring...I don’t know what to feel tbh?

;