Cummings, non

A damning assessment indeed and yet faced with the idea of a Corbyn government the damn British public voted for Boris so heavily it was Labour’s worst result since 1935.
Scapegoat bingo to the rescue, Corbyn is a low score.

The elected PM and government are responsible for Emergency and Disaster planning.
COBRA is much more culpable than Corbyn.

I haven't watched anything of Cummings testimony today. I was busy and had better things to do. Not sure who I despise more Johnson or Cummings.

As a nation, we get the leaders we deserve just like the Americans had Trump.
To be fair, we didn't have much choice between Corbyn or Johnson, not sure how Jeremy could have coped in March 2020. I was disappointed that Jeremy Hunt didn't win the leadership contest as he came across as a reasonable guy.

The British people now seem to like out and out liars as their leaders, perhaps it's acceptable to them, d a m n fine bloke eh?

He's surrounded himself with some very poor ministers (apart from Rishi, I think) in part I believe to eliminate potential powerful enemies and also to make Boris look good.

Surely, his lack of attention to detail, broken promises and downright lies will come home to roost soon? Perhaps, we'll have to wait until the pandemic is over before that happens.
Surely one day he won't be popular? People will see him for what he is? I can only hope.

I think it will be the Tories that dump him as I feel we are a long way away from there being an opposition party to take him on.

Cummings reminds me of a little kid who's been kicked off a football team because he's absolute rubbish. Goes home and tells his dad all about the things the nasty boys 'did'. Dad listens and then goes round creating merry hell with the other dads or calls the lad a lying scrote and grounds him for a month. I know what I'd do but it stays with me I'm afraid.

Ideally there would be a way of separating the 'intrigue at court' side to this, and the practical sober commentary on what happened during the pandemic and what lessons can be learned, what reforms made etc.

While it's interesting to see Cummings heaping praise on some (Gove, Sunak) and absolutely lambasting others as incompetent or worse (Johnson, Hancock) it must be hard to say how much is angling for another job with a future PM, how much is distancing himself from any blame, and how much is useful and reliable commentary about the mistakes made.

I see that Hancock will have his chance to put his side across today so we'll see what happens there.

It'll be the job of the Select Committee to pick the bones out. And then in the months to come we''ll go through it again, in more detail I should think, with the public inquiry.

I welcome the about-turn from those who have spent the last several years caricaturing Cummings as a corrupt foreign funded root of all evil genuis, who pulled all the strings like a puppet master and wielded more power than the PM. Turns out he really was just an advisor :grinning:

Come on Hancock !...he has basically called you a murderer.. Get in there and dice the conniving little b@stard up...

Gove is involved here no doubt....

Cummings is too clever for his own good...and so effing transparent.

However...however...IF....if Matt cannot turn this around...after all his time heading up the Health Department and battling against this Pandemic... IF...if he can't justify his actions and put Cummings in the Cupboard...then I'm afraid he has to resign and ultimately that means Boris has to go too !

Last edited:
Come on Hancock !...he has basically called you a murderer.. Get in there and dice the conniving little b@stard up...

However...however...IF....if Matt cannot turn this around...after all his time heading up the Health Department and battling against this Pandemic... IF...if he can't justify his actions and put Cummings in the Cupboard...then I'm afraid he has to resign and ultimately that means Boris has to go too !
Johnson has shown his hand, the same one he plays every time. ‘Nothing to see here. All in the past. Move on.’

The excuse that the nations security service couldn't protect the pm adviser is shocking if true.
People who make a career of misinformation and mis remembering probably end up confusing themself over what is fact or fiction.

Cummings moaning and sniping about government performing badly while being part of the problem is ironic.

I agree with you totally Hancock has show this **************** for what he really is. When he was an advisor to the government & a man who believed in what he is saying now. Why didn't he resign!! Cummings is a complete egotistical pillock, he thought he was in power not just an advisor.
I don't believe any government would have been able to deal perfectly with this pandemic. It is true they made mistakes but witch government wouldn't. I don't think any right minded person would believe they could have done better. Maybe done things a little different. All politicians don't tell the truth all the time, they always deny accusations until they are found out. Then give a apolitically feeble excuse.

I would have been inclined to ask Cummings ...and request that he considers very carefully his answer.... " What is gonna happen in the unfortunate event that Bob yer Uncle and Fanny yer Aunt... decide to Split Up ?....because that would leave Everyone in Schtuck....Nothing would Ever get Done or Be Concluded !
:confused:

Hancock has just stood up and lied to Parliament again. He has just stated that ‘tens of thousands of vaccinations a day are being done in Bolton’
The actual figure from NHS England is an average of 4000 per day over the last month.

So, if I've got this right, back in March 2020, we were fooked, through years of incompetence by all Governments of all varieties, cost cutting and saving money on maintaining PPE stock, being completely unprepared for a pandemic (just like everyone else).

The Government had to effectively triage the entire country whilst trying to fire fight every worst case scenario, with leadership and advisors completely out of their depth, surprise.

There is no way that is going to end well, because a lot of people are going to be unhappy whatever you do.

Then you get the media hanging off every word of a discredited advisor like he's the second coming.

Just about sums up this country, a lack of accountability, and hindsight politics from those who were lucky enough not to have to make decisions.

So, if I've got this right, back in March 2020, we were fooked, through years of incompetence by all Governments of all varieties, cost cutting and saving money on maintaining PPE stock, being completely unprepared for a pandemic (just like everyone else).

The Government had to effectively triage the entire country whilst trying to fire fight every worst case scenario, with leadership and advisors completely out of their depth, surprise.

There is no way that is going to end well, because a lot of people are going to be unhappy whatever you do.

Then you get the media hanging off every word of a discredited advisor like he's the second coming.

Just about sums up this country, a lack of accountability, and hindsight politics from those who were lucky enough not to have to make decisions.

The issue is the fact he repeated all of the same mistakes again and again and caused loads more deaths than he needed to.

Botched lockdown in March - understandable.
Botched lockdowns in October and January - incompetent.

Forget Cummings, the PMs failings are there for all to see and he's still making the same mistakes now. What's your view on how he went about restricting travel from India?

;