Dango Ouattara

We’re not massively hard done by and I don’t bang on about it unless asked or replying to a goad or insinuation etc.

If it wasn’t brought up continually with my name attached I’d never mention it again. There’s a challenge for people that hate thread takeovers but cause them!

You genuinely don't think you've constantly banged on about it unprompted for years don't you? Bizarre.

Another gin fizz Richard?

Yeah, they did seem a bit fixated on Parker. Re all the appointments I never wanted Tindall, Woodgate wasn't sure about but Parker I thought was a good one and still do - he did his job.

He did indeed, first half of the season, on a high of no football and all the other restrictions of the past year it was excellent.

In context, the other options at the time weren’t exactly inspiring either. Thierry Henry was supposedly in the running but wasn’t that later denied?

Andoni Iraola wouldn’t have been on the radar back then as he had just won promotion from the second tier in Spain.

The main struggle was being able to attract the sort of brilliant coach we all knew we needed. Much easier when you are in the Premier League and have enough financial backing to not only survive in the League but to grow, compete and thrive.

Parker had previously achieved promotion with Fulham. He knew the formula to get teams up. That's probably the best we were in the market to get at that stage. And he did that job.

Not enough to take us to the next level. O'Neil was not enough to take us to that level of building a philosophy and style either, but he was brought in to do a job and did it.

Both Parker and O'Neil, along with the off the field stuff from Foley, put the club in a position where we could attract the likes of Iraola. We can't really be too ungrateful for that.

There's no way we were going to attract the sort of calibre of manager we currently have outside the PL and probably under Demin full stop. De Zerbi turned them down and who knows who else. The idea that we were going to have a consistent and coherent managerial plan through relegation, promotion and a change of ownership that changed the club's finances overnight is far fetched.

They did fine under the circumstances.

No complaints here. It's the rich tapestry of football. Plenty of clubs have gone down with a decent squad and not resurfaced. The fact we got back at the second attempt is being made to sound like Forest taking 23 years to get back so some perspective's needed. Notwithstanding Max was selling I think it was a huge achievement. I think the whole thing is epic, I never dreamt in a million years any of this would ever happen.

Only here with certain "fans" we have the worst recruitment team in the league, yet we all agree we're playing the best football we've seen at DC.

Ask Everton, Chelsea, man u, forest, what poor recruitment is.

So, was he a good buy or not?
Jury’s out. We bought him as a winger and he doesn’t understand the system or what’s asked of him and has looked poor this season. As a makeshift fullback he had one ok game but had to be taken off as we were getting ripped down his side and one excellent game against no winger.

Still a young player coming up to 22 in February.

He is inexperienced and still learning the game, with our manager who was a right back, he will get the coaching to make him a better player.

Then another right back to knows all the tricks, is Adam Smith, so he will be of help as well.

It might just be our team signed a winger, but due to injuries we have uncovered another full back.

I can see where you are coming from but I don't think many would say that Parker was a bad appointment, he did his job which was to get promotion. Sure it all went south after that but I don't think many would argue that it was a bad appointment.
Parker talked himself into losing his job.

As others have said the jury is still out and has t been tested yet against the better clubs . He’s certainly versatile but unlikely he will be in the Pl team of the season .

Jury’s out. We bought him as a winger and he doesn’t understand the system or what’s asked of him and has looked poor this season. As a makeshift fullback he had one ok game but had to be taken off as we were getting ripped down his side and one excellent game against no winger.
the way I saw it was the game he was taken off he was shattered, his most minutes in a while he was always going to tire, if he was full of energy I would imagine he wouldn't of been changed.
and for whether he was a good signing or not for my opinion for £25 mill as a 21 year old he was a steal with the potential he has, you have to remember 25 mill generally doesn't buy you alot especially in January window

The sheer rudeness of this post about Ouattara is shocking. You have no clue whether he understands whats being asked of him or not. And his performances in an unfamiliar position show his versatility, which of course doesn't merit anything apparently.

Its up there with Sinisterra looking disinterested.

The tactical stuff is neither here nor there to me, but your perceived ability to read footballers minds is amazing.

The "jury" has apparently already decided that Adams is a first choice midfielder in our team having not played for us, but multiple good performances across the front, midfield and defence, including a goal that will be talked about for a generation and the Jury is out...

I would say he looks useful but expensive from what he's shown so far. As has been repeatedly said though the fee is to be treated with a pinch of salt .... unless you're trying to prove a silly point about the recruitment team obviously.

The sheer rudeness of this post about Ouattara is shocking. You have no clue whether he understands whats being asked of him or not. And his performances in an unfamiliar position show his versatility, which of course doesn't merit anything apparently.

Its up there with Sinisterra looking disinterested.

The tactical stuff is neither here nor there to me, but your perceived ability to read footballers minds is amazing.

Complete arrogance. From a guy who's suggested Foley doesn't know how to run a business and various managers don't know how to get the best out of Kieffer Moore.

I think he’s been very good as a fullback and could maybe be his future position. He needs a lot more experience there but the tools he has pace, athleticism are very much needed. Hope he goes from strength to strength

;