Dango Ouattara

cant recall which game it was - one of his early games , maybe Liverpool - and the number of headed defensive clearances he made was remarkable

I think AI’s style of play does demand flexibility in position. Same true of GON when he surprisingly made Adam smith a central defender to mark James Maddison

I reckon Iraola likes Dango even if he's accepted that others are ahead of him. He's obviously a bit erratic in attack but you can't fault his work rate and it seems like IR has tried to give him game time where possible.

There is an ongoing debate about our recruitment team and if they are any good. There is always an ongoing debate about recruitment. Dango has become a focus of those people who criticise the recruitment team and Richard Hughes in particular and so it is only natural for this thread to focus on that after he's had a MOM performance.

It's not a personal attack on Neil, it's a discussion about whether his long standing criticism of Hughes is warranted.
Why does a thread on one player need to be derailed to now discuss someone else when there'll be at least one thread about Hughes and/or the recruitment team!?

In my view this thread should really only contain discussions, critiques, appreciation of Dango.

To bring it back to a wider topic to slate another poster for point scoring is childish.

I wouldn’t write off traore just yet. Taken longer than others to settle here but seen glimpses of a player that would be ideal for the AI press. Overpaid for where he was in his career but rarely get good value in January. Same for Dango

Yeah I really liked him initially. Makes you wonder how bad this illness is that has kept him out. Could be nothing but when asked about injuries before the forest game Iraola mentioned him first, which doesn't suggest he thinks he's out of the picture in the manager's eyes.

Why does a thread on one player need to be derailed to now discuss someone else when there'll be at least one thread about Hughes and/or the recruitment team!?

In my view this thread should really only contain discussions, critiques, appreciation of Dango.

To bring it back to a wider topic to slate another poster for point scoring is childish.

Fair enough that's your opinion but that's never been how the forum has operated. In this case it's not even particularly de-railed it's still about the player in question and whether he's a good signing. You're entitled to your view and have the right to state it but trying to police threads never works.

That’s a moment in time Druss. Anyone can go back and use the search engine to find out what people said in a moment in time. It’s just a pointless activity. To give you an example I just picked the first name on that list (Sinisterra) and then put your name in mate and pressed search and got the following two postsView attachment 12889View attachment 12888

Now, I’d just read this as you in a moment in time but applying your logic back to you… you might need to defend to the whole board why you felt it necessary to criticise one of our new signings while he was clearly finding his feet blah blah…. I’m not sure why you should be (lol) ‘allowed to get away with this’

And that’s just one player who has hardly played you have a field day on others particularly Kelly. Hypocrisy buddy, total hypocrisy.
Yes, he came on as a sub and he was awful in that match. I have no idea why but I dont think I said he was worthless and a terrible signing did I?

Not sure how thats relevant to months of you criticising all of our team if they were signed by the current recruitment team.

For you to cite hypocrisy when you gave your "chosen" manager months but his players not even a match in some cases before writing them off. You wear the hypocrisy crown but then you always have.

Yeah I really liked him initially. Makes you wonder how bad this illness is that has kept him out. Could be nothing but when asked about injuries before the forest game Iraola mentioned him first, which doesn't suggest he thinks he's out of the picture in the manager's eyes.
He's got ability for sure but maybe the pace of the game doesnt suit Have heard that English isnt coming easily for him either

Not sure how thats relevant to months of you criticising all of our team if they were signed by the current recruitment team.
‘All’
Heard me criticise Tavernier?
How about Aarons?
Neto?
Maybe Scott?
Adam’s?
What about Kerkez?

No, thought not…

You see, misleading posts need putting right which creates the debates people hate.

Why people feel the need to launch a bitchfest on the back of a good run is beyond me. Just enjoy it.

Maybe your attention would be better spent on the people that didn’t want Iraola? It’s him that’s made some average players look great much like Eddie did.

I think what is most interesting about Dango is that he was written off, along with Zab, Senesi, and Kluivert, as a terrible signing by someone on here. Not just once but constantly..

Thats what is most interesting Neil.
Hopefully as he keeps growing in confidence, he can bag a couple of goals. Then Adoni will be able to switch him from left back to the wing position as and when. For now, wemdefinitely don't need to sign another left back as a fair few of us, myself included, were suggesting.

Deflect all you want, you, I and everyone reading this know your comments about a high number of players currently performing better than almost any AFCB side in history. Just admit you judged them too early, admit that maybe the recruitment team might not be as bad as you originally thought and we'll all move on and enjoy the incredible football this amazing bunch of players are putting out.

Or...you can keep pretending it didnt happen and be reminded of it every opportunity that comes up.
If Dango was written off by anyone it was because they were judging him on his performances as a winger which were woeful.
He looks a totally different player as a left back......had he been signed as a left back and produced these last two performances nobody would have criticised him.....if he returns as a winger and starts putting in equally impressive performances you can start calling out people for writing him off too early.

If Dango was written off by anyone it was because they were judging him on his performances as a winger which were woeful.
He looks a totally different player as a left back......had he been signed as a left back and produced these last two performances nobody would have criticised him.....if he returns as a winger and starts putting in equally impressive performances you can start calling out people for writing him off too early.

He was great as a winger last season. Scored and made some vital goals that helped keep us in the division.

Yes he was, made an instant impact which made us threatening straight away. He caused all sorts of problems for the opposition in most of the games he played with the odd stinker thrown in such as at Leicester. He's erratic going forward but that's fine if your contribution gets your team big goals.
Does one good half against Liverpool and a goal at Spurs when he came on as a sub because he lost his place in the side constitute a great season?.....lol no wonder you don't criticise signings you must think they're all brilliant.

‘All’
Heard me criticise Tavernier?
How about Aarons?
Neto?
Maybe Scott?
Adam’s?
What about Kerkez?

No, thought not…

You see, misleading posts need putting right which creates the debates people hate.

Why people feel the need to launch a bitchfest on the back of a good run is beyond me. Just enjoy it.

Maybe your attention would be better spent on the people that didn’t want Iraola? It’s him that’s made some average players look great much like Eddie did.

Most of those you have. You even suggested Neto should be dropped and criticised recruitment all in the same post. But, you never criticise the recruitment team do you? Just people picking on you...

Does one good half against Liverpool and a goal at Spurs when he came on as a sub because he lost his place in the side constitute a great season?.....lol no wonder you don't criticise signings you must think they're all brilliant.

He was great in his very first game against Forest. Dangerous against Brighton, got another assist against Newcastle, Liverpool. He was poor at Leicester which is why he got dropped then came on an won the game at spurs in one of the moments of the season. Not to mention the first half of the season where he ripped it up in France.

I don't think he's played well once this season on the wing.

Most of those you have. You even suggested Neto should be dropped and criticised recruitment all in the same post. But, you never criticise the recruitment team do you? Just people picking on you...

It seems that he genuinely believes that he's not banged on and on about the recruitment team and criticised them at every possible opportunity. Mindboggling how he doesn't think people should bring it up.

It seems that he genuinely believes that he's not banged on and on about the recruitment team and criticised them at every possible opportunity. Mindboggling how he doesn't think people should bring it up.
You and Druss bring it up. Then New Forest Xenophobe and the Kenyan misogynist who upset all our Rocketeers with some horrendous comments trip over themselves to like it. Then you decide it must be right. Hung by a public court of wankerdom

They say you can tell a lot about people by the people that like them…

You and Druss bring it up. Then New Forest Xenophobe and the Kenyan misogynist who upset all our Rocketeers with some horrendous comments trip over themselves to like it. Then you decide it must be right. Hung by a public court of wankerdom

They say you can tell a lot about people by the people that like them…

Pathetic.

;