David Brooks

Others may disagree but I thought there was a balance upfront with Brooks (who’s left footed) on the right and Sinisterra (I think right footed) on the left that we don’t see when Brooks is playing in other combinations.

It’s giving us a different approach to playing the same system, rather than the more aggressive press we see fromTavernier and Semeneyo. Probably better equipped to play through a packed defence.

There will be a time and a place for each, I’m sure
In other words...you have to find a way to score a goal ..simple....get ball ...move...focus... pass ...look up... focus again...receive pass... get in the box.....bang !
How ..how the f^ck did it ever become so f√cking complicated....
Jesus F√cking Christ !

I expect I wasn't the only person in that ground who was supremely confident that he'd score that one-on-one. His finishing and vision is right up there and he consistently produces goals. Obviously Iraola seems to favour players with incredible work rate and less finishing ability but I still hope Brooks can force his way in. It does seem like he'll go though and if he does I will be rooting for him.
Absolutely. One on one, Sinisterra to his left is never receiving that ball.

I expect I wasn't the only person in that ground who was supremely confident that he'd score that one-on-one. His finishing and vision is right up there and he consistently produces goals. Obviously Iraola seems to favour players with incredible work rate and less finishing ability but I still hope Brooks can force his way in. It does seem like he'll go though and if he does I will be rooting for him.
I wasn’t confident given his miss vs Liverpool the other day when sent through with keeper to beat

What about Brooksy as a striker/False 9?

Seems crazy to me. We're making promotion as easy as possible for them whilst also not guaranteeing Brooks the game time he needs given their existing options. Any other Championship side (with the potential exception of Leicester/Leeds) would start Brooks without question, but not the case there.

Means we surely aren't selling Billing.

;