David Brooks

I still worry that we won't be able to offload Callum if nobody is prepared to match his wages. I'm pretty sure he would not take a pay cut to move somewhere else so we could end up stuck with him, which could prove to be good or bad, depending which Callum we get to see.
What Callum needs to do is start next season strongly with 5 goals in his first 4 games. Suddenly those clubs who were put off by his £100k a week will stump up. Especially if said club has got off to a bad start and need a panic buy

I think EH is savvy enough to know that half of our young talented playing squad culminating from his “failed transfer policy” will be in demand from a lot of premier league clubs....the sticking point as to whether he stays probably lies within how much of that he is given the chance to realistically rebuild a promotion capable side with and how much Max wanted to take out as a “return”.

Hopefully Max is true to his statement and EH is allowed to rebuild from some of the proceeds we make - awful to say, but there are going to be a few clubs in sticky situations over the next 18months so it could be a good shopping time if we have funds available for deals like we did for Matt Ritchie.

Oi've got an 'orrible feeling we are going to take our loopy recruitment and loaning saga with us down the leagues.

Get Good players in ..Sell Em ..or loan em.
Get Crap players in ...Keep em ...or loan em... or variations on a theme ..anything but get the buggers firing into the Crystal Fallacy or Newcastle Net !

So far the selling part of that equation hasn't been a problem really ...but it seems its coming soon !
If Tinpot is still the ' in thing' ..for the BH postcode.....then let's immerse ourselves in it.. Its not my money now.... we are between Buckets ...Haha...

Thanks for sharing that. I’m going to try and get this passed on to Eddie as perhaps he’s not aware that Brooks is overrated.
I’m not 100% convinced by him. One purple patch with averageness either side and a lot of underwhelming performances since coming back. Bags of talent but if he went for a large sum i think we would have done alright and we can move back to a winger with pace

Brooks hasn’t had time to fully recover after his injury and get back to 100% match fitness.

If he is with us next season he will be a strong cog in our side challenging for promotion.

He has been badly missed this season and it has shown in our results.

That’s my opinion anyway, others have theirs which I respect.

Bags of talent but if he went for a large sum i think we would have done alright and we can move back to a winger with pace
I’d hardly say Brooks lacked pace. Look at some of the goals on the counter the season before.

It’s just that Brooks plays in areas of the pitch where pace isn’t vital. While pace in attacking areas is obviously important, I’m hoping Eddie will see the value of craft and guile too. Junior has that but only if he’s on the pitch.

I’m not 100% convinced by him. One purple patch with averageness either side and a lot of underwhelming performances since coming back. Bags of talent but if he went for a large sum i think we would have done alright and we can move back to a winger with pace
Was outstanding at the beginning of last season. Then as is often the way, opposition teams wised up to his threat and realised he could be bullied quite easily. Has shown flashes since then but very inconsistent. Has bags of potential that much is clear. One thing is for sure, the boy needs to play week in week out. No good him sitting on a bench somewhere. He needs to prove he can perform over the duration of a season before he gets his move imo. Tbh I feel as though he owes us at least another year, we payed his wages all throughout last season. I know it’s how it works but it would leave a bit of a sour taste if he pushed for a move.

Agreed. One lesson of the last couple of years is to sell when values are high - not sure brooks has done enough to warrant that yet so if a big bid comes in for a player with 3 injury hit seasons then we should take it. Rather see him in central role than as a winger in the future.

What Callum needs to do is start next season strongly with 5 goals in his first 4 games. Suddenly those clubs who were put off by his £100k a week will stump up. Especially if said club has got off to a bad start and need a panic buy
Wouldn’t the transfer window be closed?

Brooks is an outstanding talent .....young wingers dip in and out of form although for most of last season he was fantastic ....until he got injured against Chelsea which was possibly the best performance from an attacking player of our entire stay in the PL imo.

He's young and inconsistency is entirely expected. Dan James and Mason Mount are testament to that.
He needs a prolonged run in the team and I can't think of a better place to do that than at Bournemouth in the Champo.

Personally thought Brooks was absolutely outstanding for most of last season. Played in 32 games out of 38, started in almost all of those. Scored 8 goals, created many others. Fantastic talent and missing a fit Brooks is one of the key reasons we have been relegated imo. Since he has come back we have seen flashes of his ability. We now actually have that extra man overloading on the edge of the penalty area in space e.g his goal at Man City. he adds so much to us as a team. And yes I am a fan of his !!!

;