David Brooks

The Killers were a very under-rated band, I know Mr Brightside used to get played at Walkabout every weekend but they had many good tunes especially on their 1st two albums. Brandon Flowers is a strange but tortured genius.

Still are underrated, new album came out this week, worth a listen I've enjoyed it. They still put on a great show, as a friend of mine said to me "He's the only guy who makes me want to buy and wear a bright pink suit".

I think it has the biggest impact, but not all of it could be necessarily labelled the best. I like stuff from different eras, Oasis, Killers, KoL, even Gregory Porter, but none of the later stuff means so much to me.

I think between the ages of, say, 14 and 18 we are at our most emotionally receptive/responsive, so all the experiences you have at that period in your life (first relationships, first independent holidays, parties, drinking, music, gigs etc) seem to be particularly intense.

Take football, for example. 2015 was a wonderful year for me, but if I could have experienced it all as a 15 year old, I'm sure it would have been far more powerful and exciting.

As it was, it was great, but I could somehow put it all in context. When you are 15, you don't have that context. Life seems very immediate.

Last edited:
I
Still are underrated, new album came out this week, worth a listen I've enjoyed it. They still put on a great show, as a friend of mine said to me "He's the only guy who makes me want to buy and wear a bright pink suit".
ts not bad, but (and I’m too old to be saying this) but I prefer the new Biffy Clyro album.

I thought all their singles were great ! Some excellent album tracks too - always thought "Marionette" was brilliant, while "Through The Looking Glass" seemed to perfectly describe that hungover, "end of the tour" feeling of exhaustion, right at the fag end of the glam rock era.

I thought all their singles were great ! Some excellent album tracks too - always thought "Marionette" was brilliant, while "Through The Looking Glass" seemed to perfectly describe that hungover, "end of the tour" feeling of exhaustion, right at the fag end of the glam rock era.
...Yeah Saturday Gigs was a poignant track ( and a bit ahead of its time IMO)

Fit enough to start for Wales then. Shop window opportunity? I get the feeling that Brooks wants to be gone.
Indeed. On the flip side the locals up here are less than best pleased that Meps started for us yesterday rather than play for Wales today.....He clearly got his priorities right.

;