David Brooks

Devasting news for David and his family . You just never know what is around the corner which it's why it's so important to enjoy the 'now'. But he's a strong and fit lad and I'm sure he will come through this. Wishing him all the best and a very speedy recovery.

I’m sure it has knocked you back getting this news but Hoping that you can stay strong and positive and will be able to resume your career with us soon

The biggest victory he'll ever achieve is that of beating cancer.

Stay strong Brooksy - will be a very special and emotional day when you're back on the pitch.

Can't wait to be among a full away end singing his name.

All the very best David for a speedy recovery. Your talent on the pitch is a joy to watch, look forward to seeing you back strong and healthy.

Very sad news for Brooksie and his family, hopefully it has been caught in time and makes a speedy recovery.

Good luck to him, Bog Standard's mum and all the other sufferers of this terrible disease. Stay strong and fight it.

It seems something like this brings fans together, it’s something that could happen to them or their family.

Saw a lot of messages today from a number of football clubs from the top league, into non league wishing David well.

Good to see some good messages coming out of football after some of the negative stuff we have seen and read.

Our manager interview with Kris T on audio at end of story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58914844

Last edited:
Not intended as a criticism of our club in any way but I wonder how the Welsh National medical team were able to pick this up but our medical team couldn’t. Perhaps the Welsh FA have more sophisticated diagnostic equipment. Anyway, well done to them.

Last edited:
I haven’t known what to write since this news came in, it's so very sad and I wish David Brooks all the best and am proud of the club and our fans for the support we have already shown him

So many great memories stick in my mind from watching him when he was absolutely flying for us in his first season, cannot pick an absolute favourite between the back headed goal v Brighton at home or the second goal of the night in our 4-0 win v Chelsea a few months later.

Get well soon David

Last edited:

;