Demarai Gray - Latest

So if we land Grey,whose best position appears to be wide right or left, who loses out, the outstanding Ritchie or the revitalised Pugh?

Neither. I'd imagine Stanislas would be the man to 'lose out' as it were.

On the bench the options would become Fraser to replace Ritchie and DG to replace Pugh. Frightening.

Wow this club paying 4 million plus add on's for a bench warmer! Can't see that somehow, reckon Eddie knows where he wants him to play. Be interesting to see though if the move takes place.

Steve Afcb - 1/2/2015 14:01

Wow this club paying 4 million plus add on's for a bench warmer! Can't see that somehow, reckon Eddie knows where he wants him to play. Be interesting to see though if the move takes place.

Could you have ever imagined this club signing a bench warmer player for £500k two seasons ago? That's exactly what he did with Fraser in Jan 2013.

£4 million plus? Blimey.

I reckon Eddie would see Gray filling in to a Danny Ings type role rather than as a winger. It'll be very interesting to watch how this plays out.

Whether Gray starts or not, he'd be a fantastic player to bring on, and I'm sure he'd eventually force Pugh out of the squad. Since the first mention of Gray, Pugh's performances have imporved a lot, would be really good to have 4 decent wingers fighting for their place.

yesyescherry - 1/2/2015 13:40

allegedly:

FootieNews2012 ?@FootieNews20121 46s46 seconds ago

Bournemouth have submitted a final bid for Birmingham Demarai Gray, Thought to be in the £4million +add-ons, likely to accept #afcb #bcfc

I guess this drops into the spurious tweet category since the SHA lot haven't even mentioned it and you would have thought one of their journalists would be on it like a shot if true.

Not short - 1/2/2015 13:41

God, seeing that link made me shudder....when did Francis join then?...things get a little cloudy nowadays

He was a Jan signing 2012 it must have been. He was here for a couple of months on loan first. Didn't turn out to be a bad signing really did he, as we only signed him because he was Bradders mate apparantly :crazy:

sounds like another bid will be going in if it hasn't already

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/11764077.Transfer_window_latest__We_are_not_exempt_from_paying_big_fees_says_Cherries_boss_Eddie_Howe/?ref=twtrec

Imagine Gray or Ritchie just behind Wilson with the other one on the wing along with Pugh/Fraser?

That would be some attacking trio.

As much as 4mil may seem a lot, I do believe it'll be a bargain. If we don't go up, he'll move on at some point for more money. If we do, his price goes up three times and we get the benefit of seeing him develop in the Premiership for a season or two.

This could be the signing that just provides that boost to get us other the line, just like Ritchie did two years ago.

;