Demarai Gray - Latest

I don't think Grabban, bless him, is the kind of player who will "take us to the next level" as EH said last night

You rarely get value for money in January and Eddie is sensible about using club funds. For me this window should be about making sure we finish the job for the remaining 18 games and if the opportunity is there at a sensible price longer term as well. Grabban ticks the first category; he de-risks the impact of Wilson getting injured: he knows our style of play, will settle easily, will be highly motivated and will get goals as he showed initially at Norwich before everything went sour for everyone. Not many new signings would do likewise.

Worth looking at Assombalonga.Forest not doing well so bargain to be had.not to mention forums all over the country would go into meltdown :)

We've got enough Brummies who come here to die so I think we should look elsewhere.

Resevoir_Red - 1/2/2015 00:58

We've got enough Brummies who come here to die so I think we should look elsewhere.

Looking doubtful we have finished with this yet. National journo tweeted this after the match.

Alex Goring Crook @alex_crook Jan 30
Just back from #afcb expecting a big bid for Demarai Gray on Monday after Eddie Howe told me 'we are not exempt from paying high fees.'

AFCBade - 1/2/2015 00:09

You rarely get value for money in January and Eddie is sensible about using club funds. For me this window should be about making sure we finish the job for the remaining 18 games and if the opportunity is there at a sensible price longer term as well. Grabban ticks the first category; he de-risks the impact of Wilson getting injured: he knows our style of play, will settle easily, will be highly motivated and will get goals as he showed initially at Norwich before everything went sour for everyone. Not many new signings would do likewise.

Grabban is history. He didn't want to play for us then and the only reason he'd come back is if we matched his wages. Gray is a bright prospect and will be desperate to win promotion at such a young age. Grabban has gone completely off the boil now, and usually gets 10 minutes at the end of a game. Gray and an experienced physical striker is what we need.

tkrantiebaby - 1/2/2015 12:01

AFCBade - 1/2/2015 00:09

Grabban is history. He didn't want to play for us then and the only reason he'd come back is if we matched his wages. Gray is a bright prospect and will be desperate to win promotion at such a young age. Grabban has gone completely off the boil now, and usually gets 10 minutes at the end of a game. Gray and an experienced physical striker is what we need.
TOTALLY agree with you, I NEVER want to see Grabban in an AFB shirt again. People have VERY short memories, I'm not interested in the ridiculous argument that we got an extra £2mil, I'd of happily sold him to Brighton, and had he gone there, he'd have gone with my best wishes. His antics after were a disgrace, and people STILL want him back!! It's fecking joke, he's an average Championship player at BEST, Callum as almost scored as many goals in open play as Money Grabbing did ALL season. NO, sign Gray, and hopefully an experienced Premier League forward of some quality. Look at the difference Philips made to Leicester last season...

Gray is definitely the type of player that can take us 'to the next level'. I'm also sure that Eddie won't get ripped off and won't pay over the odds..he will only pay what would be a club record signing if he thought Gray was something special. Going to be an interesting 36 hours or so! UTCIAD!

I think the money grabbing argument is a little thin. He gave everything for us that I coukd see during the seasons he was here. Even being chucked over on the right wing from time to time. As they always ask, if you could treble your money, wouldn't you?. Anyone that says "no" is a liar.

Don't forget these players have "advisors" some good, some bad. All will be in it for themselves, more money to be made in transfers than new contracts.

If Grabbs was asked I'm sure he may well be regretting his decision to go, should he return I know his effort would be 100%. To call himmoney grabbing is BS.

Exactly. Do you still think our current players are on League 1 or 2 wages? No - they do the best that they can, while they can.

It may not have (not of) worked out at Norwich for Grabban, but Eddie is able to bring things out of players that other managers can't.

Rob, nail on head. Whatever EH, JT and the staff do I wish you could bottle it. In the relegation zone under Groves were Francis, Cook, Elphick, Arter, Pugh, Daniels and O'Kane ( I think). Now this spine of the team are not just competing, they have outplayed "bigger names".

Think some people are quick to judge, lets not eh?.

Last game under Groves was the 2-1 loss at home to Walsall?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19684390

allegedly:

FootieNews2012 ?@FootieNews20121 46s46 seconds ago

Bournemouth have submitted a final bid for Birmingham Demarai Gray, Thought to be in the £4million +add-ons, likely to accept #afcb #bcfc

FootieNews2012 ?@FootieNews20121 · 1 min1 minute ago
Bournemouth have submitted a final bid for Birmingham Demarai Gray, Thought to be in the £4million +add-ons, likely to accept #afcb #bcfc

It comes down to motivation. If Howe believes he can motivate and get the best out Grabban I think he would be a great loan signing as we know he fits the way we play and can deliver at this level.

Grabban may feel he has a point to prove after spending most the season on bench.

;