Demarai Gray - Latest

Garbo - 30/1/2015 09:02

..probably wise words...but unfortunately throw in an agent, a club needing money and the lure of pound signs and an 18 year old could be easily swayed IMO

Indeed. If he was looking to stay, he'd have signed the contract they offered by now. ON SHA, one poster there claims that the contract offered is just a pretty small increase on what he is currently on and what else is on the table blows that out of the water.

I see this latest article as another to just paint Gray as being the villain if he decides to make the move. Interesting if no bid has been accepted that a lot of the sound bites coming from Birmingham is telling Gray to turn his back on a move. At present with no acceptable offer elsewhere, there is no move at all to turn your back on so the sound bites seem a little odd.

It's also a bit odd that the Birmingham manager is saying he should only go to a Premier League top four club and his club captain is saying he'll drown in the Premier League. Get your stories straight, lads!

A youngster like gray would better off staying at birmingham for another season than go to WBA. Be like ndah and ince ending on the bench. If we really wanted him you would think we pay up to get him.

AFCBade - 30/1/2015 13:58

A youngster like gray would better off staying at birmingham for another season than go to WBA. Be like ndah and ince ending on the bench. If we really wanted him you would think we pay up to get him.

zaha?

yesyescherry - 30/1/2015 13:40

lots of twitter rumours of wba's increased interest in gray with a possible cash + player deal - birmingham keen on wba's dorrans

Been dismissed by their local rag that interest in Dorrans is twitter nonsense.

yesyescherry - 30/1/2015 14:02

AFCBade - 30/1/2015 13:58

zaha?

Yes!! Shows how much I know - was thinking about zaha not ndah. Fortunately palace still liked him so able to stay in the prem.

Officially bored with this now. Gray can eff off. It's clear he seems to see his future elsewhere, that's fine. Put my faith in the squad that has got us top after 27 games. Looking forward to tonight. Can the admin just delete this thread now?.

yesyescherry - 30/1/2015 08:40

lots of twitter rumours of wba's increased interest in gray with a possible cash + player deal - birmingham keen on wba's dorrans

Let's start the twitter rumour. Gray for Rantie + 1 million.

Bit like Villa's stunt with Delph, I reckon Grey will pop up out of a large birthday cake on the pitch just prior to kick off.

Not short - 30/1/2015 16:17

Officially bored with this now. Gray can eff off. It's clear he seems to see his future elsewhere, that's fine. Put my faith in the squad that has got us top after 27 games. Looking forward to tonight. Can the admin just delete this thread now?.

How do you know "he seems to see his future elsewhere"? I've not seen anything to suggest this... he can hardly be held to blame for other clubs becoming interested in him.

He has to wait until Birmingham accept a bid from us (following on from the four already made) or a bid is made and accepted by another club (so far none made by Liverpool, Spurs, WBA, Palace or Norwich).

If he does sign for us, will you still tell him to "eff off"?

RichGo - 30/1/2015 17:18

How do you know "he seems to see his future elsewhere"? I've not seen anything to suggest this... he can hardly be held to blame for other clubs becoming interested in him.

He has to wait until Birmingham accept a bid from us (following on from the four already made) or a bid is made and accepted by another club (so far none made by Liverpool, Spurs, WBA, Palace or Norwich).

Would agree that this thread is becoming boring. Rumour and counter rumour. Prefer we just waited for an official announcement.

Just read on twitter that we have offered brum rantie and 1 million in exchange for Gray + add/sell ons etc.

AFCBade - 30/1/2015 17:59

RichGo - 30/1/2015 17:18

Wasn't life so much easier pre internet! Just waited for Radio Solent

Would agree that this thread is becoming boring. Rumour and counter rumour. Prefer we just waited for an official announcement.
:grin:

Hey Guys

Birmingham fan here, firstly would like to say congrats on a great season so far no matter what happens this season no doubt will be a success.

Felt the need to post on here to give my two pence worth :) Gray no doubt is a great prospect and is probably going to end up (hopefully for him) somewhere much bigger than both of us. I have read the thread from a far and agree with some points and find some comments nothing short of laughable but hey footie is all about opinions after all. I have seen the link to the Blues forum too (Didnt know that one still was running). I tend to stick to the official board. As far as most sensible Birmingham fans will admit we kind of expect Gray to go this window considering the Prem interest in him that has been going on for pretty much a year now. Contrary to some people on here we are not heading into Admin and we are not in the position where we have to sell. Having witnessed some of the best young talent be sold in recent years like Redmond,Butland and Mutch all for pretty much peanuts as we had too I can assure you if that was still the case they would have snatched your hands off as soon as you offered 3mill.

Our clubs owners is quite honestly a very long and very boring saga now so I will not bore you with the details other than there is currently a internal a power battle happening at the holding company that own the actual club and the people currently with the most "say" have been in place since Carson's conviction and have since run the club much more on a level playing field and stopped money flowing out of the club back to Hong Kong by all accounts, so in that sense no players will be sold cheap and all money made by the club goes back into the club these days, as the club itself is very well run. With that said the general figure that most local jornos (who are rarely wrong) is 5 million and that figure wont change. Apparently the ideal deal for us would be a prem club where we get Gray back on loan if someone did stump up the cash.

Of course money does talk these days and I don't think anyone is silly enough to know if you guys ended up offering 5mill then he wouldnt be joining you.

No matter what happens good luck for the rest of the season, but felt the need to respond to some of the rumors especially the ones about the club being near admin as they are very wide of the mark!

Cheers Mr Mezz - I can fully understand your point of view in your very balanced commentary on the situation. We still have some (fading) hope that Eddie will get his man - if not, so be it. Just makes a huge change for us to be the buying club... so we can get a bit over-excited at times.

Welcome MrMezz, I hope we're all nice to you. It's not unusual for opposition fans to spout rubbish about other clubs. You should see what Ipswich and Watford fans say about us!

He may be a bright young thing or he may be a typical footballer but going to a Premiership club at his age may well backfire and his talent may not grow. If he comes to a tinpot fishing village like us, he will certainly shine and will command a much higher fee in the future. I hope he gets good advice.

Nice to see your fortunes turn around. Visits to St. Andrews have always been a friendly affair (apart from the local plod!).

;