Demarai Gray - Latest

Whilst I always feel it gives the squad a boost to sign a good player at this stage of the season, I am really not comfortable with paying £5 mill for the chance he may go on to be great. Just my opinion but I would want someone who would come in and really make a difference now for that money. However I think he was Eddies only real target and if we don't get him we won't be getting anyone which, to me, wouldn't be the end of the world.

joefraser - 2/2/2015 15:25

Whilst I always feel it gives the squad a boost to sign a good player at this stage of the season, I am really not comfortable with paying £5 mill for the chance he may go on to be great. Just my opinion but I would want someone who would come in and really make a difference now for that money. However I think he was Eddies only real target and if we don't get him we won't be getting anyone which, to me, wouldn't be the end of the world.

IF we dont get Gray, and that's a big IF considering how keen EH seems on him, then I'm sure we have other targets lined up. Whether we'll splash £5million on 2 players is another matter, but I can't see us not strengthening this window.

CherryBare - 2/2/2015 15:29

Our friend ios2738 who claimed this a done deal many times, has gone surprisingly quiet!

Perhaps he's in Swizerland with EH just tying things up?

All his posts are very vague and it looks like guess work.

Is this just a cunning diversion and we are really going to sign a Premiership player for 10 million ? If the young lad doesn't want to come why bother, surely we must have other irons in the fire, if not, why not ?

It's nothing to do with Gray not wanting to come, we haven't had a bid accepted. But who knows, maybe we'll have a bit accepted and he'll just laugh at us. Although if he wanted to stay at Birmingham he's have came out and said that, and signed a contract with them.

Possible new bid on twitter - £5.6m plus add-ons.

Transfer News Live ?@transfernews173 5m5 minutes ago
BREAKING: Bournemouth to bid a record-breaking £5.6 Million with add-ons for Birmingham's Demarai Gray #afcb #bcfc

Again FWIW :

Transfer News Live ?@transfernews173 · 5 mins5 minutes ago
BREAKING: Bournemouth to bid a record-breaking £5.6 Million with add-ons for Birmingham's Demarai Gray #afcb #bcfc

£5 MILLION QUID !!!!!!! - FFS this is insane.

I can remember the time the club was sweating on whether the settlement figure for Pugh was going to be 60,000 or 90,000.

Not sure i'm happy that we should be spending this sort of money on an unproven player. Also kind of makes the rivals comments about "buying our success" true, rather than a load of horseplop that they spout now.

Hey guys, local media in Brum parts say Club have a stance on it as he is not for sale and would take a massive bid to get him. Local jorno's I follow in Brum who usually are in the know seem to think you would need to offer 7-8mil up front plus add ons before it will get accepted (Though same people thought it was 5mil few days ago) and player himself not interested in the move

MrMezz - 2/2/2015 16:01

Hey guys, local media in Brum parts say Club have a stance on it as he is not for sale and would take a massive bid to get him. Local jorno's I follow in Brum who usually are in the know seem to think you would need to offer 7-8mil up front plus add ons before it will get accepted (Though same people thought it was 5mil few days ago) and player himself not interested in the move

We would not be bothering as we are if the player wasn't at all interested. We will have received some encouragement for sure.

The Alchemist - 2/2/2015 16:04

MrMezz - 2/2/2015 16:01

We would not be bothering as we are if the player wasn't at all interested. We will have received some encouragement for sure.

Agreed, EH will have sussed out the players views on moving to us well before any bids were made. He only buys players that he knows he can work with.

;