Derby County v AFC Bournemouth

Zemura won’t be our player for long either in all likelihood. Give Davis a chance before deciding Zemura is easily the better option. One game one assist is hardly poor so far is it.
Its hardly all likelihood, no one knows what's going on with the negotiation, one things for sure Davis is currently a Leeds player, who we've hardly seen play.
I would rather our player starts if fit

Its hardly all likelihood, no one knows what's going on with the negotiation, one things for sure Davis is currently a Leeds player, who we've hardly seen play.
I would rather our player starts if fit

Indeed, Davis will get a run whilst Zemura is out either injured or away for the African Cup of Nations.

Not sure I really follow the clamour to drop an in form youngster just because he only has a year and a half left on his contract.

Where has all this contract stalling news come from? I’ve not heard he’s playing hard ball in negotiations anywhere…?
Parker has been asked about JZ/JA's contracts once or twice. It's our natural supporter pessimism /panic mode, making a mountain out of what is hopefully just a molehill. Seeing a youngster burst through so spectacularly and unexpectedly, and then realising he's still on a fairly short term contract.

We've been burnt many times before losing good young players for a fraction of their worth - but we're in a slightly stronger position these days.

Parker has been asked about JZ/JA's contracts once or twice. It's our natural supporter pessimism /panic mode, making a mountain out of what is hopefully just a molehill. Seeing a youngster burst through so spectacularly and unexpectedly, and then realising he's still on a fairly short term contract.

We've been burnt many times before losing good young players for a fraction of their worth - but we're in a slightly stronger position these days.
And of course, what we can afford to pay them will depend to a large degree upon which league we are playing in next season.

I can understand the club being reluctant to agreeing to certain wages now, currently not knowing which league we will be in and I can also completely understand the youngsters' desire to be earning the wages their places as key members of the first team deserve. Currently they are making a massive contribution to the team but are probably still on development squad wages.

If we can get promotion, I'm sure we could convince them to stay.

I'd be surprised if the club or the players committed to anything before the summer. All things considered it makes sense for both sides to wait and see where we will be playing next season, I would have thought.

Against Preston we badly missed Zemura.

Against Swansea City with Davis playing he filled the gap nicely.

Looking forward, Anthony and Zemura who have proved themselves this season due to injury problems at the beginning of the season giving them their chance.

Both players when chosen have given 100% to the team.

I hope we can keep both players and any contract talks can be left to those who deal with them and let the two youngsters just get on and enjoy their football.

Last edited:
Re the team for this one, would be a mistake to play Jeff imo. Derby will set up with a low block and look to frustrate us, a midfielder like Lerma provides little value in a game such as this one. Hopefully Parker realises this and moves Christie central and plays Lowe out wide like he did against Bristol city.

Re the team for this one, would be a mistake to play Jeff imo. Derby will set up with a low block and look to frustrate us, a midfielder like Lerma provides little value in a game such as this one. Hopefully Parker realises this and moves Christie central and plays Lowe out wide like he did against Bristol city.
Im not sure I can recall Lerma ever being left out other than for disciplinary or tired from travelling reasons.

I talked to a regular Derby supporting friend earlier this week. He said that the supporters were in despair and many felt it was an EFL stitch up as the punishment seems very different to many other clubs. He pointed out that if they had lost the Championship play off several years ago to Derby, Villa could now be in the situation Derby find themselves in.

;