Disillusioned with the whole thing.

I’ve never been this disinterested before but that’s not the clubs fault, it’s simply because we can’t go to the games. I think even if I couldn’t go but when I did watch on TV there were crowds I’d be more interested, at the moment it’s like watching a behind closed doors pre season friendly.

Of course I still watch every game if I can, but that’s because I’m addicted to watching/supporting Bournemouth more than anything. I told myself after the Reading game that I wouldn’t buy the Sheff Wed stream, and yet at 6:55pm on Tuesday I was plugging my credit card details into the form again.

I honestly think that if we were able to go to the games then I’d be really enjoying this season despite the underachievement. Some good away trips and games against proper football clubs, rather than a trip to somewhere commercial and corporate like the emirates. I always thought being a yo-yo team between the Prem and Championship was a bit of a sweet spot and you got the best of both worlds - we could well be becoming one of those teams. It’s just a shame we’re not there to witness it.

I always thought being a yo-yo team between the Prem and Championship was a bit of a sweet spot and you got the best of both worlds - we could well be becoming one of those teams. It’s just a shame we’re not there to witness it.
Being a yo-you club would be pretty much ideal for the club and the fans. Unfortunately I feel as though we are looking more plumb line than yo-you at the moment ;).

I can quite accept the idea of being a yo-yo club. My niggly underlying concern is that with a small ground - that we don't own - and very limited capacity for off-field income and gate receipts the 'yo-yoing' will be between Championship and League 1 at best. Our real comparators are Luton and Rotherham and not just because we have a common the EFL 'really didn't like us' history.
To be clear, I actually don't mind that as long as we are solvent. As someone else posted we will be one of those many clubs that had a few years in the limelight before returning to our 'natural position' in the hierarchy.
Of course the great unknown is whether our current owner has the wherewithal or wish - should we miss out this season - to try again or call it quits.

Personally I feel quite positive about things now (probably will be disappointed later I know).
I think a lot of the malaise with the players is confidence. If a new manager can come in and light a fire then that's what we need.
On a personal level I feel really sorry for Jason, I think he tried his best but was over promoted. What does that say about Hughes and Blake, lazy management and no due diligence?
That's pretty much how I feel. Jason getting the job was more of the same and all too much familiarity with the players. I get That's what the club were looking for but it was a glaring mistake on their part. If these players weren't giving their all for Eddie then Jason didn't really stand a chance with them. Blake and Hughes are around the coaching and playing staff on a regular basis if they couldn't see the problems that might arise then God help us.

Understand a lot of the comments made...and respect them....but with football being a big part of my life,and supporting Boscombe especially....its one of the things I have been able to cling onto in these strange times......even if it is from afar......yes I'd give anything to get back to normal and be at the ground....but that's not going to be this season.....so until those times come back, I'll try and hang on in there...:utc:

Understand a lot of the comments made...and respect them....but with football being a big part of my life,and supporting Boscombe especially....its one of the things I have been able to cling onto in these strange times......even if it is from afar......yes I'd give anything to get back to normal and be at the ground....but that's not going to be this season.....so until those times come back, I'll try and hang on in there...:utc:

Agree with you ted. I'm not disillusioned at the moment, but I sure as hell would be if they brought in John Terry as manager.
I'd like to see Blake gone with a proper knowledgeable football person installed as CEO in his place.

Agree with you ted. I'm not disillusioned at the moment, but I sure as hell would be if they brought in John Terry as manager.
I'd like to see Blake gone with a proper knowledgeable football person installed as CEO in his place.
Can't disagree much with that.......but we as fans have little control over those things.

Just saw the thread title and thought "yup."
Really bothered by lots of what's been going on recently, whether it's the seemingly heartless way of releasing long-time club servants like Francis, Surman, Daniels, Gosling, the lifeless performances on the pitch, the sacking of JT right after the transfer window . . . something is rotten in the state of Dorset.

I wish the team well on Saturday but for the first time in nearly 60 years I won’t be following the scores every minute and won’t be paying £10 to watch? I don’t like the way things are at the club at the moment and while it’s been a hell of a ride I don’t feel excited about the short term future. I’ve seen things I never dreamt of seeing with the club and will never forget those moments. A late 60 something old man jumping up and down with the rest after seeing my team beat the champions on their own patch in a league game. I’ve moaned and berated with the best during the Benson and Groves eras but always thought the players cared however this current bunch have been defrauding the fans for nearly a year now, seen off 2 managers, decent blokes, and give the impression it’s all a big laugh.
Maybe it’s an accumulation of everything that’s been happening this last 12 months but I’ve never felt this disinterested before. There, said it now. :utc:

Off you trot then.

With 19 games to go AFCB are 6th in the Championship - a level we have only competed at for four seasons in our whole history.

Honestly, the club is far better off without people who have a sulk at this point in the story.

The lack of proportion is absolutely staggering. Sure, it's uncomfortable right now but get a grip.

I've spent my football supporting life laughing at Spurs fans who whine about the lack of silverware, Liverpool fans who bleated for decades about not winning a title, and at all the Sunderland, Forest, Derby, 'big club' types who claim they deserve better... because history.

A friend who supports another Championship side mentioned to me how some of our support have become Big Time Charlie's and bell ends.

He's right, some have. Some have become so swept up in the recent success they've lost perspective.

And I'm sick of them. We're better off without these dead-weights.

I'm sure you're probably quite a nice person IRL but, seeing as you've stopped caring, please take your ball, go home for your tea, watch Flog It instead of Final Score, and leave the rest of us to it.

Personally I feel quite positive about things now (probably will be disappointed later I know).
I think a lot of the malaise with the players is confidence. If a new manager can come in and light a fire then that's what we need.
On a personal level I feel really sorry for Jason, I think he tried his best but was over promoted. What does that say about Hughes and Blake, lazy management and no due diligence?

And someone thought it a good idea to give him a 3 year deal.

What else are you going to do at 3pm Saturday, paint the kitchen, take the dog for a walk, ask your wife if she fancies a tumble between the sheets? Na no chance, Boscombe is playing football on the telly.
I watch every game possible, even if we are 3-0 down at half time.
Obviously losing doesn't enlighten the experience but we got used to that when we were in the Premier League.

I think it doesn’t feel like a Bournemouth team and it hasn’t for a while now. I’ve always associated the ‘Bournemouth way’ as having a team that battles against the odds, always playing on the front foot and being brave on the ball. Sure we’ve had spells down the years where that hasn’t been the case, but the managers who oversaw these periods in time generally didn’t last long. In some ways I feel that we are different to any other supporter base, in that as long as we can see that the players are fighting for the cause and that we are trying to play positive football then a lot of our fans will be happy regardless of results. I believe a lot of fans are disillusioned because over the last year and a half we have moved far away from this perceived identity, and at the end of the day when you have no identity what do you have? Worryingly I think that this also applies to our off pitch identity, the way that certain situations have been handled involving loyal servants to the club does not sit well with me at all.

Totally agree with @Waz afcb. AFCB was always thought of as a family club. Now with no spectators and no noticable sense of unity amongst the players and other staff it seems totally different. Although I am Bournemouth 'til I die I am very disillusioned at the moment.

Fair enough if people want to leave, but I just couldn't. It got into my blood at 12 years old and I've never wanted to do anything else on a Saturday ever since! Benson era was the worst ever but even then I kept coming back. That doesn't make me any better or worse, its just my choice.

I do think this 'family club' thing is a bit over played too. I don't support us because we're a family club, but because I love everything about going to football. This 'together anything is possible' shtick has been found wanting of late. The 'head' of this football family (the CEO Neil Blake) is barely seen.

The tv experience is a piss poor substitute. Meeting friends home and away is what its all about and then watching a usually below par performance and having a moan on the way home.

Sorry you're thinking of leaving and I hope you change your mind.

It’s my 54th season. I feel dispirited, primarily due to not being able to go. Football is so much more than the game. Often the game has been the worst part of the game. Secondly I dislike what the club has become, all gloss and PR. No real communication with the fans. I always felt that we were important to Eddie, but I don’t feel that about the leadership, and not JT. Eddie had a unique bond with the fans. By definition that won’t be repeated.

I’ll support the team, I just wish they could have heard what we thought at the last 5 league games.

Eddie had a unique bond with the fans....now that hes gone its bound to be different.....JT could never fill his shoes in that respect.
There has been no other real communication with fans for years apart from Eddie,
Look at the training ground, we had to rely on fans walking their dog and taking photos and putting them on here.....when the ground was to be extended,there was very little info.....Even the Solent forum at the start of every season got cancelled !
Try getting information through email or phone, you were lucky if either got answered.....no that communication got lost years ago

Sadly, as I have said before, due to health reasons I've not been to a game for several years. I've no intention of 'leaving' and will continue to feel the highs and lows nearly as much as if I was there.

I agree 100% with this. I would be annoyed/disgusted/appalled/disillusioned if Terry was appointed. He was, of course, undoubtedly a good defender, but I always thought he came across as supercilious and somewhat untouchable as a player, both on and off the field. And let's not forget that an FA hearing found him guilty of racial abuse. Oh, and the bit about him sh**ging another players other half. He wasn't sacked as England captain for no reason.
Would we REALLY want someone with that kind of history, as our manager??

;