Do we think this this was not going to Happen?

Knew we would sell but media often demonized our back 5 yet we've sold 2 of them for £60m. I hope we can keep the attackers and then we should outscore everyone in the Championship.
Must admit, I'd be chuffed to bits if we could hold onto one of Callum or Josh. Not going to happen though.

I would take a risk and let King run down his last year of contract, I think he would remain professional and his goals could be the difference in getting promoted. He's more than paid back the £1m we spent on him.

i dont think that would work after his worst season at the club.

Take all these rumours with a healthy dose of salt. Leeds apparently want Lewis; just lazy journalism to link him to his old club. They apparently (more salt required) have priorities in every position but not his and only £50m to spend.

Meanwhile, there's players like Toney at Peterborough whose going to have price and wage far less than Callum, so what says he isnt a target to replace and use us as stepping stone to Prem rather than get found out by making the 2 leagues jump too quickly.

My fav story is Billing being chased by Villa. He did so much to keep Huddersfield and Us up that I can see every PL team will want him. Maybe he wants a hat-trick of relegations by joining a team that stayed up by virtue of a technology failure.

For every doom and gloom story, I will paint you a rosey twist. Truth is can't see too many reasons why most won't stay, rebuild their form and careers and at least give the PL a miss for at least 6 months until they can be sure they won't join another relegation battle. So prepare yourselves for the Jan window when it gets really interesting.

Even if DB is sold, I can see someone leaving him with us for 6 months on loan to fully regain his form and fitness.

Yes I am.Tindall and purchase were allways liked by the players and had a good rapore with them.Tindall has to change now he is manager but players have no complaints so far that I have heard.
Good to hear! Any insight into what Max’s true intentions are?

I didn't want to believe it either Waz because what do we have if we don't have hope? Maybe circumstances will change and Max will either change his mind or sell or we somehow go back up straight away but at this stage this what current situation is and I'm telling the truth with a very reliable source. Just a big shame in my opinion, even after PL football and half a billion pounds the club remains haunted and a slave to its past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a big shame in my opinion, even after PL football and half a billion pounds the club remains haunted and a slave to its past.
[/QUOTE]

That paragraph is brilliant and why I get so frustrated...

I take it out on some evangelical fans, I know that, and the useless fawning media that surrounds our club and refuses to ask any pertinent questions in case they fall out.

All those bankruptcies and horror stories of the 90s have turned some of us into a domestic abuse victim ~ unbelieving that we are ever worthy of better or that we darent question the status quo.

An unquestioning fan base hankering for the away day’s at Swindon and the 5k crowds and a media that is all matey matey with the board have never asked any proper journalist questions over why we blew such a fantastic opportunity to reposition our club for ever.

;