Do we think this this was not going to Happen?

Some of you just enjoy being depressed........well not me......your words cannot bring me down......as some fit bird once said.

That paragraph is brilliant and why I get so frustrated...

I take it out on some evangelical fans, I know that, and the useless fawning media that surrounds our club and refuses to ask any pertinent questions in case they fall out.

All those bankruptcies and horror stories of the 90s have turned some of us into a domestic abuse victim ~ unbelieving that we are ever worthy of better or that we darent question the status quo.

An unquestioning fan base hankering for the away day’s at Swindon and the 5k crowds and a media that is all matey matey with the board have never asked any proper journalist questions over why we blew such a fantastic opportunity to reposition our club for ever.[/QUOTE]
Melodramatic. There are a lot of others questioning on here, and you seem to think that while the club must be challenged its impertinent to challenge what you say.

Which, seeing as this is a fans message board, seems weird.

That paragraph is brilliant and why I get so frustrated...

I take it out on some evangelical fans, I know that, and the useless fawning media that surrounds our club and refuses to ask any pertinent questions in case they fall out.

All those bankruptcies and horror stories of the 90s have turned some of us into a domestic abuse victim ~ unbelieving that we are ever worthy of better or that we darent question the status quo.

An unquestioning fan base hankering for the away day’s at Swindon and the 5k crowds and a media that is all matey matey with the board have never asked any proper journalist questions over why we blew such a fantastic opportunity to reposition our club for ever.
Anyone can challenge what I say Rob and there’s no shortage of evidence it happens.

*filters SDD and Topfarrier

I love the debate.

An unquestioning fan base hankering for the away day’s at Swindon and the 5k crowds and a media that is all matey matey with the board have never asked any proper journalist questions over why we blew such a fantastic opportunity to reposition our club for ever.

We've all seen with our own eyes that the club had to spend to survive in the PL. The half a billion quid argument would never have come about if the club hadn't spent on players and wages for it to cumulatively add up to this magical amount over five seasons.

If the club had banked one year and gone down without spending you would have blasted transfer policy, spending, lack of ambition and everything else. Even if the ground was bought back thats hardly 'repositioning the club forever' as you call it. The one thing we can surely agree about is that the club shouldn't have been relegated last season.

We've all seen with our own eyes that the club had to spend to survive in the PL. The half a billion quid argument would never have come about if the club hadn't spent on players and wages for it to cumulatively add up to this magical amount over five seasons.

If the club had banked one year and gone down without spending you would have blasted transfer policy, spending, lack of ambition and everything else. Even if the ground was bought back thats hardly 'repositioning the club forever' as you call it. The one thing we can surely agree about is that the club shouldn't have been relegated last season.
And five seasons of PL football have done our global image way more good than a single season followed directly by relegation. I would imagine that in those five seasons a great many people have come to know that there is a successful football club in Bournemouth, England. Our profile has certainly been indelibly raised by the half a billion we spent. Whether or not that was a shrewd investment of said cash remains to be seen.
global :utc:

And five seasons of PL football have done our global image way more good than a single season followed directly by relegation. I would imagine that in those five seasons a great many people have come to know that there is a successful football club in Bournemouth, England. Our profile has certainly been indelibly raised by the half a billion we spent. Whether or not that was a shrewd investment of said cash remains to be seen.
global :utc:

English.Dirty. Drunk.Infamous

;