Does anyone ACTUALLY think we're going down?

Marc Pugh is a great player to have in our setup. Personally I don't think he could be considered a starter but he can offer something a little different. Francis likewise, we need to look at alternatives.

Chris.H. - 20/12/2017 11:29

I talk, not regularly, to a senior member of the coaching team and whilst what he tells me doesn't always pan out (he told me over 12 months ago that Eddie had decided Pugh wasn't good enough and we would not see him again) he is never the less very interesting about the current squad.

The players like Simon Francis, they like playing with him and he is also our only "real" right sided centre half. So he plays. Jordan Ibe is totally electric in training, unstoppable, and the team that has him in the 5 a side wins. Jack Simpson is getting somewhat cheesed off and is asking for a move/loan so that he can actually play football, the club are asking him to remain patient as they think he is going to be huge but obviously given what is happening on the pitch when does Eddie give him a run ? And Lys Moussete is an enigma wrapped up in a conundrum. Can't get out of bed in the morning, a member of staff has the specific job or ringing him and not stopping until he is certain that Lys is up and about and his diet is suspect, think Le Big Mac and le fries and you won't be too far away BUT he is a fantastic player who would be starting if he just "played the game" but sadly he refuses to, Eddie has no space for a maverick.

As told to me, nothing earth shattering or even that enlightening but as it is Christmas I thought I would share.

Interesting comments about Simpson if true. I can remember when Bailly Cargill was the next big thing. He must have been an unused sub for us about 60 times over the past 3 or 4 season. I can't help thinking we stalled his development so if Simpson is considered a bigger talent, I hope we don't make the same mistakes with him and give him some game time.

From what I have seen of Simpson (which is limited to be fair) he is a LOT better than Cargill ever was. A loan move would seem sensible to me though...

Nope - not going down! And as this season seems to be panning out as a major transition period - if we finished 17th I'd be happier than George Best and Alex Higgins at a Blandford Brewery Open Day - God rest their souls!

;