Dominic Sadi

Just looked up the other Saydee the commentator was referring to other than Christian to see if they are related. Turns out the midfielder's name is Dominic Sadi - sounded the same but one would assume unrelated. Anyway he looked pretty good.

The Dev squad played out what must have been an entertaining game with Newport this afternoon, it ended 8-2! Dominic Sadi bagging 4 of them. Marcondes also played (which is a bit harsh on Newport U21s) and scored a couple.

I was at Canford today watching the game. We had two trialists out. At no 9 a lad who would be a dead ringer for Keiffer Moore's younger brother. Played the first half and fitted in well. Kept making runs but the ball was constantly passed out to the wings. Euon Pollock replaced him second half and put himself about with a high press. At no 6 a left sided central defender who played the whole game alongside Hill. Slotted in ok.

Marcondes bossed midfield. Dom Sadi impressed on the right as did Noah Boutin on the left. Sadi was a handful with penetrative runs and close control scoring four good goals. Indeed all our goals were well worked.

Newport weren't as bad as the scoreline suggests and on a number of occasions some last ditch defending prevented them scoring.

Whilst we scored eight goals I lost count of the number of times we over elaborated our forward play rather than having a shot. Where have we seen that before!

Disappointing turnout. Less than 50 spectators along the railings.

This is good news. He's looked a really bright spark in the youth team matches I've seen. Who knows if he'll make the PL grade (where we will hopefully be), but if he keeps his head down and keeps developing he should have a pro career.

The guy is not a spark ..he is...; Fused Dynamite !

What'll happen is ..we will 'loan' him out to somewhere..Shrewsburyish or Morecambic..and eventually sell him to a Cosmic Scouse Giant.....not ever having utilised his skills in our desperation !

Boscombe .

Last edited:
The guy is not a spark ..he is...; Fused Dynamite !

What'll happen is ..we will 'loan' him out to somewhere..Shrewsburyish or Morecambic..and eventually sell him to a Cosmic Scouse Giant.....not ever having utilised his skills in our desperation !

Boscombe .

We're becoming like Chelsea then!

If that's the career path, there's nothing wrong with that. As a team in the top tier, it's almost our responsibility to produce some youngsters that can help teams further down.

As an AFCB fan, you should know, recognise and respect that. What would we have done without Matt Holland, Warren Cummings, Jason Pearce etc?

What I object to is holding on to the players for too long. I think Jack Simpson's career was messed around by sitting in our dev team and on the bench until he was 24. That was wrong.

If there isn't clear indication they have a significant chance of breaking into the first team squad by the time they are 22, we should let them go and build a career elsewhere rather than forcing them into a nomad-like loan existence, at best. Note that doesn't mean they have to be a part of the first team squad at 22, but simply that we deem it very likely by then that they will make the step up.

Gavin Kilkenny is one. A very talented footballer but immediately pushed out of contention by L Cook last season and now we have even more options for that position. Unless we get relegated, we really should let him find a team he can call home and build a career at. He may come back up in a couple years with another team or via a transfer, but better that than watch him end up like Phillips at Liverpool.

So it's great that 19 year old Dominic Sadi has signed an extended deal with us. I hope he gets some loans and some experience of first team football in the EFL. If he does well, I hope he then breaks into our squad. In a few years, if he looks good but not ready for the PL, I hope we let him help out a club a forge a place for himself in the pro ranks.

If that's the career path, there's nothing wrong with that. As a team in the top tier, it's almost our responsibility to produce some youngsters that can help teams further down.

As an AFCB fan, you should know, recognise and respect that. What would we have done without Matt Holland, Warren Cummings, Jason Pearce etc?

What I object to is holding on to the players for too long. I think Jack Simpson's career was messed around by sitting in our dev team and on the bench until he was 24. That was wrong.

If there isn't clear indication they have a significant chance of breaking into the first team squad by the time they are 22, we should let them go and build a career elsewhere rather than forcing them into a nomad-like loan existence, at best. Note that doesn't mean they have to be a part of the first team squad at 22, but simply that we deem it very likely by then that they will make the step up.

Gavin Kilkenny is one. A very talented footballer but immediately pushed out of contention by L Cook last season and now we have even more options for that position. Unless we get relegated, we really should let him find a team he can call home and build a career at. He may come back up in a couple years with another team or via a transfer, but better that than watch him end up like Phillips at Liverpool.

So it's great that 19 year old Dominic Sadi has signed an extended deal with us. I hope he gets some loans and some experience of first team football in the EFL. If he does well, I hope he then breaks into our squad. In a few years, if he looks good but not ready for the PL, I hope we let him help out a club a forge a place for himself in the pro ranks.

Good post and insight, but not something I totally agree with tbh.

If the player is earning a decent wage and given chance to increase their ability/reach their potential via ongoing long term loans, I don't see an issue tbh.

Many players are moved on earlier, as your post seems to be championing, and their career fizzles out on crappy wages, sometimes, barely playing, or still leading journeymen existence, bouncing around clubs in basement. Not dissimilar to be loaned out, but depending on contract, may carry even more risk.

No doubt about it though, once players hit 19, 20 odd, they need to be getting professional league game time under their belts, otherwise risk missing best period to fulfill their peak potential, and career beginning to pass them by.

We all have a slightly or vastly different focus on matters Boscombe.
This is not an overly coherent argument on my part..just a hotch - potch of little angles that I apply to football every day...football being such an unexact science.

My focus is on NOW...and what OUR club needs on the pitch next week...you could say that's a selfish view on my part...I concede that.

But..the young players will be on decent money compared to most in society at that age...playing a ...'Game'

...I think the only way to see if they are ready for this PL is to put them in a game..especially if he has shone brightly in junior games...although in Boscombes's case there are not enough competitive events for the dev squad due to our status. ..that swings it to the loan question...

I really dont agree that we have a 'responsibility' to help other clubs. I can't get my head around that...those clubs have their own juniors !

What happens if say a loaned 20 year old went to Shrewsbury ( our fans might be very averse to it being Gillingham or Swindon) and played a principle part in a shock Cup win v say Man City...would we then deem him good enough to face say Saints in the PL...but he can't because we can't recall him for some reason ( I don't know the rules).

This 'Premier League'...we shove those words on the Pedestal that we do....and then it seduces us into the thoughts we have about it.....but say shoving Sadi into a game against Wolves or Forest...is that such a monstrous task to heap on him ..or any of similar promise shown ?

Your argument is valid in several ways I admit...
. ..Phillips was on Liverpool's bench last night and obviously still valued by them ...so WE might have helped him to some degree.

Even if we get relegated we should let Kilkenny move on for the reasons you have stated, he isn’t good enough yet to play consistently in a promotion chasing team. He would just be bit part again and another year wasted. I like him but he needs to move.

With a new Academy Complex being developed and when finished we will be putting in for Category 2 status that will make us eligible for PL2 and weekly U21 matches through season 23/24.

That means we will be using U21 players as the basis for the team plus a few not involved in the first team games so fewer U21's if any will be going out on loan. Also it will be a higher standard of opposition for our u21's than what we face now.

The upside as well will be that we will be recruiting at u16 and upwards young lads who are seen as having a higher potential for their ultimate development.

;