Dominic Solanke

He wasn’t the main striker. He was someone we brought on. But had never scored for us. We let others go that had. There’s nothing wrong with your memory for heavens sake.

That last sentence was clearly a reference to your user name….
Mousset 1 goal a season on average

You can keep lying to prop up your flaky points but Dom didn’t cost us anything. He wasn’t the one that decided to leave the bench goal threat to a man that had never scored for the club. He just got his head down and concentrated on becoming the player he is today. None of this is on Dom. you just ignore me saying that for your making dramatic point purposes.

My flaky points? There's no one other than you arguing that I'm wrong is there though? You are having to fight your point on a number of fronts because it's clearly b*llocks and you are the only one who is blaming relegation on the fact we signed Dom. Yes of course I know you aren't holding Dom personally responsible, just the people who signed him, quelle surprise.
He wasn’t useless. He scored the same amount of goals for Sheff U in the season we went down as Dom did last year for us. The relevance is we chose to rely on someone that had never scored for us to pick up his slack.

The decision to cash in may have been the right one, it was the decision to rely on Dom at that time that was being debated.

Sheffield United were a much better side than we were that year. We weren't relying on Dom, he was the back up. We were relying on Wilson and King and they let us down just like the rest of them.

Last edited:
We had to continue relying on them as well as the alternative had never scored for us but had used up the cash… which is my whole point.

The entire team was shite Neil. Why on earth would you pick Dom out as the issue? Mousset would have been shite in that side too. He was shite in our side even before the collosal loss of confidence in 2019/20.

The entire team was shite Neil. Why on earth would you pick Dom out as the issue? Mousset would have been shite in that side too. He was shite in our side even before the collosal loss of confidence in 2019/20.
There were many issues in that side. We argued about many of them and agreed on some too. The reason we are talking about Dom V Mousset and not the others is that’s the one you brought up out of the blue. Probably because Dom has finally surpassed Mousset best PL scoring year.

There were many issues in that side. We argued about many of them and agreed on some too. The reason we are talking about Dom V Mousset and not the others is that’s the one you brought up out of the blue. Probably because Dom has finally surpassed Mousset best PL scoring year.

I told why it came up. Because it's yet another example of you talking up a former player to beat up the current side. I don't have Mousset's Sheffield United record etched I to my brain funnily enough, it's irrelevant, they are a completely different side and we saw first hand what he could do in a Howe side. Nothing.

I told why it came up. Because it's yet another example of you talking up a former player to beat up the current side. I don't have Mousset's Sheffield United record etched I to my brain funnily enough, it's irrelevant, they are a completely different side and we saw first hand what he could do in a Howe side. Nothing.
He’d done more than Solanke when this argument was actually relevant, however unimpressive you found it.

I’ve never owned a selfie stick in my life so you are clearly getting me muddled up with some other bald bloke. I’ve not done a pod for months but will pm you next time i do buddy.
surely you'll be doing one for wolves?
[only if we win obvs, otherwise you'll be hiding in a cupboard for weeks]

Jeez your talking a miniscule numbers of goals excluding doms for Liverpool, this is the guy who scored less than Rantie in more appearances. Next you'll be claiming we shouldn't have let Rantie go.
Mmm not sure I agree on that. I thought Doms goal scoring record last year was very necessary and it was the same as Mousset achieved the year after we let him go. Maybe Sheff U were a better side points wise (I don’t think they were player wise) but goal scoring is about knowing where the net is when given opportunities. I’m also not saying it was an impressive record, just that we needed 1 or 2 goals off the bench and we had let players go that could do that without replacing them.

He’d done more than Solanke when this argument was actually relevant, however unimpressive you found it.

He'd scored three more goals for AFCB and I said Mousset was no better than Dom. I was not convinced that Mousset was some sort of undercover Erling Haaland who had finally come good and I was right.

hiding in disgust if, god forbid, he says something untoward post-match
I've already given you the ofcom hotline number
Very kind. Who knows, maybe we can play with ten men again and he can get a last minute winner from an error and tell us all how he masterminded it. Will make a pleasant change from listening to him talk about how referees have stopped them winning the title.

;