Dominic Solanke

Whether Dom is the right player to take us to 9th next season as our main striker is a totally different argument to whether he is ****************, no pace, no touch blah blah and should be dropped in favour of Moore/Semenyo which is what you've been saying all season.

Can we improve on Dom? 100%. We could improve on every player in our squad. But we have to work with what we have and Dom is the only option proven to work in the system we play. We haven't won a game this season when he hasn't played (out of 3). Moore on his own vs Brentford was awful. Semenyo vs Brighton was just as wasteful as Dom and we didn't create a lot there.

There genuinely isn't a striker in the bottom 8 teams I'd rather have playing regularly for us than Dom. Possibly Calvert Lewin but not on this season's form. If we want to upgrade on Dom we will need to either spend big or find a gem through our scouting network.

There are obvious shortcomings with Dom's Play. His balance, very often falling over after shooting, taking three touches before shooting as seen in the Leicester game and shooting with the side of his foot instead of his instep. He seems reluctant to hit a moving ball first time. I'm sure if he eradicates these points from his game, he would have a higher goal scored record.

I read the Forest forum the other evening and apparently some of their fans have turned on him and when his dad went to remonstrate with them they were fighting amongst themselves in the stands. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes even if, by some miracle, they stay up.

Would like to see us go in for him actually, if we stay up, they go down of course.

Always thought of him as a winger, who can 'do a job' centrally, but not really a natural predator/number 9?
No chance.

He will go to a much bigger fish than us, even if we do stay up (which is still very far from guaranteed.)

There are obvious shortcomings with Dom's Play. His balance, very often falling over after shooting, taking three touches before shooting as seen in the Leicester game and shooting with the side of his foot instead of his instep. He seems reluctant to hit a moving ball first time. I'm sure if he eradicates these points from his game, he would have a higher goal scored record.
In the Leicester game Dom had two shots, both were created through one good touch to set himself and then touch to strike. He was unlucky not to score the effort that was saved and he couldn’t really have done any more than he did in that instance, it was just a good save. There was absolutely no opportunity in that game to hit a moving ball first time. Not sure what you are talking about to be honest.

In the Leicester game Dom had two shots, both were created through one good touch to set himself and then touch to strike. He was unlucky not to score the effort that was saved and he couldn’t really have done any more than he did in that instance, it was just a good save. There was absolutely no opportunity in that game to hit a moving ball first time. Not sure what you are talking about to be honest.

I was not referring to the Leicester game in isolation, except when I mentioned his triple touches!

Getting Solanke firing again is the last piece in our survival jigsaw. We have all the other bits roughly in place, a defence doing ok, chances are being created, a more confident strike or three from Dom would finish the job.

There always seems to be a last second tackle or block, a good save, a miscue or a dodgy bounce. Which is what happens when you're low on confidence and overthinking everything, in a team that's struggled for goals all season.

;