Dominic Solanke

No one pays anything like that upfront.

Most deals are paid via installments, even prior to ffp. Regardless of whether its 100 mill or 10 mill.

Maybe stevejoneslegend meant 70 mill with no weird addons like 10 mill after 20 England caps, 10 mill if they win the league etc.
Correct, sorry, bad use of the term 'up front'... However, IIRC, didn't we get £40m (or whatever it was) all in one go for Ake from City? No installments... just a wad of cash?

No club would pay the amount up front due to FFP rules, they would want to spread it over a few years. But if there was an offer of $70m it would be hard to turn that down I think.
Agree, due to virtually all clubs (even though they receive £100's of Millions) accepting expenditure way beyond their means.

Given that he is young, in a purple patch and looks the business as a prem striker now and proving himself at this level, think we should be looking for £90mil+ for him.
Problem when you sell for big money is it adds a lot on to the players you are looking to buy as people will know we have cash.
Would hang on to him and reassess in the summer.
Really like Dom as well. Seems a good lad. Works hard. Never heard him moan. And hitting the form he deserves. The kind of player we want at the club and would like to keep hold of.

Bill Foley was asked about Solanke in the interview mentioned on other threads.

He says he won’t speak directly about him but does mention Tottenham and Arsenal (maybe a reference to the Lloyd Kelly speculation) and says we won’t stand in players way. We do have to sell for FFP purposes but in January the door is bolted shut, but the summer is a different matter.

Which players have taken the most shots in 2023/24?

Dominic SolankeBournemouth66
Mohamed SalahLiverpool65
Erling HaalandMan City58
Darwin NunezLiverpool58
Ollie WatkinsAston Villa55
Son Heung-minSpurs52
Julian AlvarezMan City50
I would like to see this per 90 minutes, though.

Key part of that story would be…

Newcastle have made an enquiry about Dominic Solanke but have been told that Bournemouth will not sell him this month.

Another factor to consider is that we have no obligation to entertain offers or sell. Sure, his true market value is probably in the £60-£90 million range. But his value to us? He’s by far our most important player, he’s dare I say one of the top 5 strikers in the league? We shouldn’t be valuing him in these terms really, we should be slapping a big **************** off tag on him of £100+ million. And even then, I’d very reluctant to sell him because he’s that important.

Foley pretty much eluded to the likely scenario that he will be sold in the summer.

We have to sell for FFP, but for now the door is bolted shut.
Why do we have to sell for FFP? Why can we just not spend so much money on players? We didn’t need either Adams or Traore really, that’s 45m already!

;