Dug out canopies

No idea what the official position on this is but having sat right next to the dugout on Saturday I would say no. The two new rows of dug out seats are surrounded by barriers and I'm not sure where any roof structure would be able to be accommodated.
I also sit near the dug outs. What you say makes absolute sense - however I asked the steward who always patrols that area and he said that canopies would be reinstated. I think he may be wrong as I can’t see how it can be done without obscuring the view from a lot of nearby seats - also a welded metal barrier/rail has been installed around the away team staff seats - this would have to be removed so what would have been the point of installing it. Also surely if there was going to be a canopy there would have been time during the close season to get this done?

I also sit near the dug outs. What you say makes absolute sense - however I asked the steward who always patrols that area and he said that canopies would be reinstated. I think he may be wrong as I can’t see how it can be done without obscuring the view from a lot of nearby seats - also a welded metal barrier/rail has been installed around the away team staff seats - this would have to be removed so what would have been the point of installing it. Also surely if there was going to be a canopy there would have been time during the close season to get this done?
Yes it was the welded metal barrier that made me think that reinstating a roof would be difficult. Mind you this is AFCB we are talking about so who knows!

Yes it was the welded metal barrier that made me think that reinstating a roof would be difficult. Mind you this is AFCB we are talking about so who knows!
The barrier was probably just a health and safety requirement, so had to be fitted, probably just as a temporary measure. Is it possible that the canopies are off somewhere being refurbished or maybe a sponsor has paid for some swish new ones ?
Exciting times. Maybe we’ll see the return of the red seats in the next few years ? :)

The barrier was probably just a health and safety requirement, so had to be fitted, probably just as a temporary measure. Is it possible that the canopies are off somewhere being refurbished or maybe a sponsor has paid for some swish new ones ?
Exciting times. Maybe we’ll see the return of the red seats in the next few years ? :)

Was thinking that, it will be the PL that insisted on the barrier even if it is temporary.

Do you nor think it’s because we now have more subs so need a bigger bench
True. New bigger canopies are probably still being fabricated somewhere and until they are done, we are having to make do with steel barriers.
Probably just a minor cockup on the logistical front that we have started the new season without the canopies. Tinpot and proud !
:utc:

Sounds like something presented with the prawn sarnies in the Corporate lounge...or are they spelt differently?
Mind you..the aforementioned Lee Tomlin would of had them away toute suite when he was on the cooks..sorry books !

Last edited:
Dammit, I think our new dugout has been out tinpotted by Brizzle City.

View attachment 8473

I know there are harder things to deal with in life, but won't the players/managers be more exposed to the elements without a canopy? you'd imagine they'd want to minimize that if possible, not go backwards a step and all of them getting soaked if it rains?

;