Early signs

I said throughout last season that the best thing we had going for us was that 8 or 9 teams would be contending for only 3 relegation spots. I think that will be true this season as well, but I have to think that if most of the guys we have now are available, we can look to improve on 15th place, as Bill foretold. But we must be ready to win the "winnable" matches. Not much room for letdowns on those days.

The lack of goals in the team is a worry, we haven’t really done a lot to address that. I think as it currently stands we will be right in the relegation battle, swap Moore out for a striker that can challenge Dom for a starting spot and we could be looking at mid table though. As ever a lot will depend on player availability. We also need another left back because if Kerkez gets injured we are f****d, Kelly is never an Iraola left back.

I’ve heard a lot of talk about this more attacking football we are playing, but as of yet we aren’t really creating any more than we were last season, bar a late surge vs ten man Liverpool. It’s early days yet though.

The lack of goals in the team is a worry, we haven’t really done a lot to address that. I think as it currently stands we will be right in the relegation battle, swap Moore out for a striker that can challenge Dom for a starting spot and we could be looking at mid table though. As ever a lot will depend on player availability. We also need another left back because if Kerkez gets injured we are f****d, Kelly is never an Iraola left back.

I’ve heard a lot of talk about this more attacking football we are playing, but as of yet we aren’t really creating any more than we were last season, bar a late surge vs ten man Liverpool. It’s early days yet though.

Well, you predicted us for the drop last season right up until March, you said there’s no way we would get promoted in the championship season either so it’s bold you’re predicting us for a relegation scrap again. I’m shocked.

Well, you predicted us for the drop last season right up until March, you said there’s no way we would get promoted in the championship season either so it’s bold you’re predicting us for a relegation scrap again. I’m shocked.
Can’t let go of the past can you Blanny?

you say we haven't added goals but in my eyes kluivert, Scott and brooks ( can't count him last season really) will add goals this season. a fit semenyo will get more this season and I can see dom getting 10 at least in this system

You really are glass half empty aren't you ?

Maybe. But how many games will we lose and how many points are we going to drop before we get our full strength eleven on the pitch?
Looking like a long season for Sheff Utd,Wolves, and Everton already!

Possibly throw in Luton and Fulham too and I think we could be looking okay especially when we have a fully fit squad?

We will never have a full strength eleven on the pitch, that's how it works at this level.
True. But how often during the season are we going to have up to six key players injured at the same time. Due to our current injury problems we are very likely to come unstuck against Spurs next week. The dropping of points will contine until these key players return

True. But how often during the season are we going to have up to six key players injured at the same time. Due to our current injury problems we are very likely to come unstuck against Spurs next week. The dropping of points will contine until these key players return

Stating we might come unstuck against Spurs is stating the bleeding obvious at the best of times but it didn't stop us last season at their place. One of our most enjoyable ever away days, did you go ?

Stating we might come unstuck against Spurs is stating the bleeding obvious at the best of times but it didn't stop us last season at their place. One of our most enjoyable ever away days, did you go ?
Agree it was a fantstic effort and performance at their place last season. But we didn't have six key players injured then did we!

Agree it was a fantstic effort and performance at their place last season. But we didn't have six key players injured then did we!
I would rather we have the injuries in games where we would struggle even with a fit squad and then have a fuller squad for when we play teams who will occupy the bottom half of the table, it's those teams we need to not drop points too

;