Early signs

Only been two games and I think overall we look tons better than we did after two games last season. Iraola clearly wants to play a certain way, and though it may look chaotic at times, I think it can work very well in this league.

Dom is Dom; unfortunately I don't think 100 percent can flourish in this system, but not saying get rid either. With how much money we have spent in this window, I daresay won't spent another big chunk on a striker, unless we sell the aforementioned Dom which I don't see it happening.

Scott,Tavernier,Adams, Dango, etc to come back from injuries and when they do we will be a very hard to beat don't care how pessimistic you are.

Talent wise we have way more than Everton, Sheff U, Burnley, Luton, and some others imo.

We will be alright, be patient.

Agree it was a fantstic effort and performance at their place last season. But we didn't have six key players injured then did we!

Nearly every squad has 'key players' out (in your words- some would argue that point) at any given time.

I'm looking forward to the game, you're ready to cut your wrists. I think that separates you from most on this forum.

Early signs from our team perspective are:

we have unearthed a gem in Semenyo,

our back 4 looks solid, all great players, all young and will get better as time goes on and they understand how each other play, Kerkez and Zarbinyi adapted to the prem straight away

We have addressed the obvious weaknesses in the squad with incredible signings - Kerkez, Aarons and Adams are players in positions that desperately needed strengthening and the board did well to act, I would even say that Scott was essential because we need that creativity from central midfield, also an argument Dom needs proper competition up front.

When we are injury free and AI knows his best 11, I think we will be well out of trouble. I am a bit bemused as to why everyone on the outside thinks we will struggle and Burnley will be fine.

Fulham are in trouble because their main man has jumped ship and they have an aging team and a bit of unrest in their squad.

Wolves off the field are a shambles, on the field are poor and they have last season's pundits' manager of the year to save them (like he did us)

Luton have a weak squad

Sheffield Utd have a weak squad and sold their 2 best players

Brentford missing their main man, Brighton sold 2 of their 3 best players, Palace without Zaha (gutted Olise didn't jump ship) - all weaker, not saying we are better than any of them but have a better chance of catching them.

Everton look rubbish and have been on the decline for years.

Forest might sack their Cooper and fall apart as a result.

1 Man City
2 Liverpool
3 Newcastle
4 Arsenal
5 Chelsea
6 Tottenham
7 Villa
8 Man Utd
9 Brighton
10 West Ham
11 Palace
12 Bournemouth
13 Brentford
14 Forest
15 Everton
16 Burnley
17 Fulham
18 Sheffield Utd
19 Wolves
20 Luton

Early days, anything can happen, but I have us finishing about 12th and think we will go from strength to strength as players come back from injury and our first 11 settle

Only been two games and I think overall we look tons better than we did after two games last season. Iraola clearly wants to play a certain way, and though it may look chaotic at times, I think it can work very well in this league.

Dom is Dom; unfortunately I don't think 100 percent can flourish in this system, but not saying get rid either. With how much money we have spent in this window, I daresay won't spent another big chunk on a striker, unless we sell the aforementioned Dom which I don't see it happening.

Scott,Tavernier,Adams, Dango, etc to come back from injuries and when they do we will be a very hard to beat don't care how pessimistic you are.

Talent wise we have way more than Everton, Sheff U, Burnley, Luton, and some others imo.

We will be alright, be patient.
Remains to be seen of course, but I hope that, all that talent around him will make him better. Dom might just well get the opportunities to pop some goals, not like he didn't do it in the Championship. I know this isn't that, but if he gets more chances, I suspect that he might make the most of them

You really are glass half empty aren

our back 4 looks solid, all great players, all young and will get better as time goes on and they understand how each other play, Kerkez and Zarbinyi adapted to the prem straight away

We have addressed the obvious weaknesses in the squad with incredible signings - Kerkez, Aarons and Adams are players in positions that desperately needed strengthening and the board did well to act, I would even say that Scott was essential because we need that creativity from central midfield, also an argument Dom needs proper competition up front.

When we are injury free and AI knows his best 11, I think we will be well out of trouble. I am a bit bemused as to why everyone on the outside thinks we will struggle and Burnley will be fine.

Fulham are in trouble because their main man has jumped ship and they have an aging team and a bit of unrest in their squad.

Wolves off the field are a shambles, on the field are poor and they have last season's pundits' manager of the year to save them (like he did us)

Luton have a weak squad

Brentford missing their main man, Brighton sold 2 of their 3 best players, Palace without Zaha (gutted Olise didn't jump ship) - all weaker, not saying we are better than any of them but have a better chance of catching them.

1 Man City
2 Liverpool
3 Newcastle
4 Arsenal
5 Chelsea
6 Tottenham
7 Villa
8 Man Utd
9 Brighton
10 West Ham
11 Palace
12 Bournemouth
13 Brentford
14 Forest
15 Everton
16 Burnley
17 Fulham
18 Sheffield Utd
19 Wolves
20 Luton

Early days, anything can happen, but I have us finishing about 12th and think we will go from strength to strength as players come back from injury and our first 11 settle
i like the optimism but having us finishing above Brentford is a pretty bold call, did you see them play against Tottenham? They are a very good side with or without Toney.

you say we haven't added goals but in my eyes kluivert, Scott and brooks ( can't count him last season really) will add goals this season. a fit semenyo will get more this season and I can see dom getting 10 at least in this system
Semenyo is a step up from last season and looks worthy of challenging for a starting slot - as we saw yesterday. That’s a huge relief and I feel like we are on a stronger position upfront than we feared.

You really are glass half empty aren

i like the optimism but having us finishing above Brentford is a pretty bold call, did you see them play against Tottenham? They are a very good side with or without Toney.
Fair play, they play above their talent level, but that will eventually fade away. Nothing personal against them mind, just think eventually this strategy they have of unearthing gold with players no one has heard of will eventually falter.

Luton have a weak squad

1 Man City
2 Liverpool
3 Newcastle
4 Arsenal
5 Chelsea
6 Tottenham
7 Villa
8 Man Utd
9 Brighton
10 West Ham
11 Palace
12 Bournemouth
13 Brentford
14 Forest
15 Everton
16 Burnley
17 Fulham
18 Sheffield Utd
19 Wolves
20 Luton

Re our full backs I was expecting a bit more attacking intent from them. Both classy players and its early days, of course, with Aaron’s not fully fit yet.

No doubt we are stronger this season overall than we started last season, especially at full back and I would think in midfield once Adams and Scott settle. How Brooks kicks on remains to be seen and could be the difference between relegation battle and mid table.

If we can get and keep Tav fit that will also be a massive plus.

Agree we look light up front. Moore seems to have regressed, looked poor against Liverpool when he came on and I don't see signs that our set pieces have improved enough to play to his strengths. Solanke if he could improve his shooting and stay on his feet a bit more would get 15+ goals in this side, but not sure he will.

Not many down in the bottom half have a clinical striker though. Luton, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Wolves, Everton or Forest don't. Fulham now don't without Mitro and Brentford don't until Toney is back. Is there any striker from those teams you'd swap for Dom? Maybe Mbuemo? Having a clinical striker isn't a prerequisite for survival (as we proved).

True. But how often during the season are we going to have up to six key players injured at the same time. Due to our current injury problems we are very likely to come unstuck against Spurs next week. The dropping of points will contine until these key players return
If we needed a fully fit team to survive, we would never have stayed up (in the PL) 5 times. It's a squad game at every level. Your argument seems solid, but under scrutiny it's weak and full of holes.

;