Eddie Howe - Manchester United

I think Eddie would handle the Media quite well...at least better than Mourihno, and a few others at big clubs....maybe with the ease of Klopp and Guardiola. He might have to develop his sense of humour a bit for when it got intense!

I'm not judging any of you folks for what you would do in a similar situation but if you're basing this purely on money, then I think you're ONLY looking at this from a standpoint of what you would do given the circumstances.

I honestly don't think Eddie would have gotten remotely close to have imbuing this club with his philosophy and a solidarity that for the most part seems quite apparent from all the training footage if he was a materialist. In an ideal world, we'd all like nicer trinkets and financial security for ourselves and our loved ones but he already lives in that ideal world. He's already made enough money to guarantee the future prospects of his family.

What on earth is someone with his work ethic going to do with an extra 5 million a year? Fly to the training ground in a gold helicopter? Buy a Tesla robot dog?

Why would eddie howe turn down the chance of earning a minimum of 5m extra a year? He just wouldn't do it, however much he loves our club

Can't disagree, only so much money anyone needs. He has bigger aspirations. As said before I don't think top six is the worry, he'll only leave if we hit a ceiling and then I think he'd rather go abroad, for a completely new challenge, and that's the credibility he'd need if he were to get a to psix job without being fired after four months

I think Eddie would handle the Media quite well...at least better than Mourihno, and a few others at big clubs....maybe with the ease of Klopp and Guardiola. He might have to develop his sense of humour a bit for when it got intense!

Think the media scrutiny would be really intense - bad enough last season for Mourinho finishing second behind one of the best ever top flight teams. Overcoming Guardiola short term will be a real challenge - maybe wait for pep to leave! Think Mourinho realises that.

His salary is about 18 million a year,so your saying he gets another 100 million a year in endorsements

Mourinho has a spread of commercial deals that have made him extremely wealthy, including Heineken, Hublot watches, Jaguar, BT Sport, Adidas, Atlantis hotels, Lipton Tea and EA Sports to name a few.
His agents the American agency CAA of course get a cut.

Why would eddie howe turn down the chance of earning a minimum of 5m extra a year? He just wouldn't do it, however much he loves our club

I know from your comments on other threads you are frustrated about the stadium news, but try not to let this cloud your judgement of every club matter.

Eddie might leave for £5m extra a year. Try to constructively analyse if he’d really get that extra £5m? Might he be happy with only £5m a year (at any club not just AFCB). If he wants a new challenge, he’d go to Man Utd for less money! I really don’t think the money is gonna be the deal maker!

When Eddie was forced to retire through injury I think he was probably resigned to the fact that things could be a little tough. As it turned out he's made a very successful career in management. He's not on a pittance at AFCB and is probably going to be comfortably off for the rest of his life. Any move would be to better his coaching and management skills and would have to be somewhere his family were happy to live. That rules out a lot of 'bigger' clubs where he would only be a front man for the owner/board.

I know from your comments on other threads you are frustrated about the stadium news, but try not to let this cloud your judgement of every club matter.

Eddie might leave for £5m extra a year. Try to constructively analyse if he’d really get that extra £5m? Might he be happy with only £5m a year (at any club not just AFCB). If he wants a new challenge, he’d go to Man Utd for less money! I really don’t think the money is gonna be the deal maker!
Yes, I'm frustrated specifically about the communication from our club, the training facilities and stadium news, shouldn't everyone be though, I'm sure eddie is? That's irrelevant to this conversation, we're talking about a massive club. I still think he'd go though to anyone to anyone of the big 6 clubs, he might look at lower clubs now, only might though, I hope really hope he stays.

Yes, I'm frustrated specifically about the communication from our club, the training facilities and stadium news, shouldn't everyone be though, I'm sure eddie is? That's irrelevant to this conversation, we're talking about a massive club. I still think he'd go though to anyone to anyone of the big 6 clubs, he might look at lower clubs now, only might though, I hope really hope he stays.
If Eddie goes to a big club it will absolutely be on HIS TERMS. The money will be irrelevant, he will just want the going rate, a fair recompense for his labour and the responsibility he is taking on. His motivation will be the challenge which he will only take on if he feels he will be given all of the freedom required to achieve what he wants and is being asked to achieve. He is earning enough now, we don't need to worry about losing him to a higher bidder. We just need to worry about losing him to a club which gives him more scope to become a better manager and achieve things he feels he could never achieve here. Eddie will only leave us when he feels limited by being here and sees less limits placed upon him elsewhere. This latter point is the one which works in our favour atm since it is hard to imagine one of the big clubs giving him the freedom and control which he currently enjoys with us !

The team we go and watch is a team built by Eddie with a very good team spirit, you hear it from the players, a never give up attitude. Also they seem to gel together off field, a very good bond between them. As said before Eddie has full control on what happens with his team.

Would he want to leave this team now or in the near future as he is starting to see what he has built getting results?

He lives in one of the best parts of the country and when interviewed always looks happy.

In this day and age in football, if you have a bad run of results the manager has been shown the door. Fan unrest, lost the dressing room etc.

At AFCB we have had bad run of results and been in the relegation zone, but Eddie has been left to carry on and get his side out of it, with the backing of the owner and also the fans.

Doesn’t always happen at other clubs, owner/chairman panic and the average time at one club of a manager in the PL isn’t that long.

Who is the longest serving manager in the PL?

If Eddie goes to a big club it will absolutely be on HIS TERMS. The money will be irrelevant, he will just want the going rate, a fair recompense for his labour and the responsibility he is taking on. His motivation will be the challenge which he will only take on if he feels he will be given all of the freedom required to achieve what he wants and is being asked to achieve. He is earning enough now, we don't need to worry about losing him to a higher bidder. We just need to worry about losing him to a club which gives him more scope to become a better manager and achieve things he feels he could never achieve here. Eddie will only leave us when he feels limited by being here and sees less limits placed upon him elsewhere. This latter point is the one which works in our favour atm since it is hard to imagine one of the big clubs giving him the freedom and control which he currently enjoys with us !
Yes, I agree with some of that but I think your being a bit naive if you think it doesn't have anything to do with money. Yes, agree it's not the be all and end all tho.

He won't move that far north again, for multiple reasons. Spurs or Arsenal maybe, but I doubt it.
We'll see, but sooner or later one of the big boys will come calling and then we'll see what happens to our club.

The team we go and watch is a team built by Eddie with a very good team spirit, you hear it from the players, a never give up attitude. Also they seem to gel together off field, a very good bond between them. As said before Eddie has full control on what happens with his team.

Would he want to leave this team now or in the near future as he is starting to see what he has built getting results?

He lives in one of the best parts of the country and when interviewed always looks happy.

In this day and age in football, if you have a bad run of results the manager has been shown the door. Fan unrest, lost the dressing room etc.

At AFCB we have had bad run of results and been in the relegation zone, but Eddie has been left to carry on and get his side out of it, with the backing of the owner and also the fans.

Doesn’t always happen at other clubs, owner/chairman panic and the average time at one club of a manager in the PL isn’t that long.

Who is the longest serving manager in the PL?
Eddie built a team before and left Billy. And he was prepared to move to a place that doesn't compare with Bournemouth. But all this is an irrelevance in one sense. Eddie has made it clear that whilst he has the relationship with Max/the Board that he currently enjoys he has no interest in moving. All it will take are changes in this respect and that could be the catalyst for Eddie moving on.

We'll see, but sooner or later one of the big boys will come calling and then we'll see what happens to our club.

You're somewhat ignoring what constitutes a 'big club'

In 1982 - accoring to the popular press of the day - the big 5 were Arsenal, Tottenham, Leeds, Everton and Liverpool (with possibly Aston Villa, European Cup winners, as No. 6) Yet in 1962, Liverpool and Leeds were also-rans in the 2nd Division. Clubs like Sunderland were the big clubs in 1962.

In the 1920s, Huddersfield Town were THE big club, winning the First Division three times on the trot.

HTFC had a bloke called Herbert Chapman; Liverpool some geezer called Shankly and Leeds a fellow by the name of Revie.

ManU. had a season in the 2nd Division - not long before - when Ferguson pitched up, with the rest being history.

Chelsea drew crowds of 9,000 to watch us in the late 80s in the old 2nd Division.

For Howe to go to one of the current, so called Big 6, would be a short term, win a few pots in a few seasons, career suicide move. He would be doomed to wander the European leagues after that, much as most of the current managers in the PL do, never settling, only chasing a bigger pay-packet (with a stint as England boss for 18-months thrown in)

However, to build a legacy at Boscombe, with a new stadium AND trophies, building on where we have come from at his start-point, that would be worthy of Shankly, Clough, Revie et al, as being a great lifetime piece of work.

In 1982 - accoring to the popular press of the day - the big 5 were Arsenal, Tottenham, Leeds, Everton and Liverpool (with possibly Aston Villa, European Cup winners, as No. 6) Yet in 1962, Liverpool and Leeds were also-rans in the 2nd Division. Clubs like Sunderland were the big clubs in 1962.

In the 1920s, Huddersfield Town were THE big club, winning the First Division three times on the trot.

HTFC had a bloke called Herbert Chapman; Liverpool some geezer called Shankly and Leeds a fellow by the name of Revie.

ManU. had a season in the 2nd Division - not long before - when Ferguson pitched up, with the rest being history.

Chelsea drew crowds of 9,000 to watch us in the late 80s in the old 2nd Division.

For Howe to go to one of the current, so called Big 6, would be a short term, win a few pots in a few seasons, career suicide move. He would be doomed to wander the European leagues after that, much as most of the current managers in the PL do, never settling, only chasing a bigger pay-packet (with a stint as England boss for 18-months thrown in)

However, to build a legacy at Boscombe, with a new stadium AND trophies, building on where we have come from at his start-point, that would be worthy of Shankly, Clough, Revie et al, as being a great lifetime piece of work.

Have a like for the post, and another for the wonderful Dilbert avatar.

We all know who the big six clubs are now. I presume eddie must know more than us about what's going on and whether he can build a legacy here and that may well influence things, but it's not looking likely at the moment and I still think if one of the big 6 clubs come in for him he'd go anyway. That's in my opinion, it may well be wrong.

Eddie built a team before and left Billy. And he was prepared to move to a place that doesn't compare with Bournemouth. But all this is an irrelevance in one sense. Eddie has made it clear that whilst he has the relationship with Max/the Board that he currently enjoys he has no interest in moving. All it will take are changes in this respect and that could be the catalyst for Eddie moving on.

He left because Mitchell undermined him, he'd turned down Southampton and Palace. EM treated it as a joke and exerted dominance with his 'squash game' comment. To be honest I'd probably have walked as well if my boss had said similar in public. That's (one reason) why EM was retired from the club so soon after EH return, and why EM was sent by Maxim to request that same return. You noted his comments about board relationship, he said that because a breakdown in that relationship was the reason he went to Burnley last time

He won't move that far north again, for multiple reasons. Spurs or Arsenal maybe, but I doubt it.
Agree with this...can't see him going north again..... he's Daniel Levys dream manager imo....i think we're safe for a few years tbh or at least as long as Spurs still have Mo Po anyway.

;