Eddie Howe

Do you think Eddie should go

• Total voters
I feel he has to go I am not happy with the team he has chosen I feel we need a change and this is where we start I am angry and I have never been so annoyed about Bournemouth for ages I feel he has to go

What's everyone else opinion

To many of us who have tramped up and down the country in all weathers, watching us getting thumped week after week, year after year, and then worrying if we’ll actually have a club to support, this is a blip, nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah sure, you’re entitled to your opinion, but this probably isn’t the best place to air that kind of thought.

Your initial post said “I feel he has to go”

Ranieri??????

hahahahaha.......
No I mean if this run continues we will have to look at him possibly going or looking at a diffrent manger plus what Ranieri did with Leicester keeping them up and then winning league next season that is my point behind it

To many of us who have tramped up and down the country in all weathers, watching us getting thumped week after week, year after year, and then worrying if we’ll actually have a club to support, this is a blip, nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah sure, you’re entitled to your opinion, but this probably isn’t the best place to air that kind of thought.

I agree I am sorry if you don't like my post I was just angry that we lost I got annoyed easy I don't want Eddie to go I was saying it in frustration

Very disappointing....I was sure that once Lewis Cook came on and we went 433 the game would completely change.....but no.

No I mean if this run continues we will have to look at him possibly going or looking at a diffrent manger plus what Ranieri did with Leicester keeping them up and then winning league next season that is my point behind it
Nigel Pearson kept them up...

Thankfully he isn’t around keeping any teams up this year....

Ooh... bugger.... hang on...

Eddie to stay. But Neil but you’re also missing a key issue ... neither transfers nor promotion within the squad have provided the midfield creativity every successful team needs. If Eddie won’t play Kilkenny we simply have to look outside the club - and fast. The transfer window opens on Wednesday - we need action.
Whether kiljenny is the answer or not he should be given a go.signed 5 year contract so must be rated and cant be any worse than some of those playing.

Yeah I agree with what your all saying I don't want us all to fall out I feel us as fan need to stick with the team though hard times and good I'm sorry if I upset anyone with my thread I really hope king is alright as he hobbled off towards the end

Yeah I agree with what your all saying I don't want us all to fall out I feel us as fan need to stick with the team though hard times and good I'm sorry if I upset anyone with my thread I really hope king is alright as he hobbled off towards the end

Don't worry about upsetting anyone.

It's your opinion.

Just don't be surprised if you get a reaction.

I don't agree with your original post; but I do feel your pain.

I've seen this club relegated too many times, 5 to be exact, to be upset at present.

Maybe once we get into April.

I find it’s best to wait 24 hours and take a deep breath before predicting doom and gloom. Look at the options Eddie had today. It was always going to be tricky if Lerma couldn’t play today. And no time on the training pitch to get used to the new lineup for this game either. A perfect storm of unfortunate circumstances today really :(
Keep the faith, we’ll come good.
:utc:

The worrying thing is we've not been seriously linked with any one in the transfer window, if we aren't going to sign anyone the likes of Lewis Cook, the 2 Wilsons, Billing and I still think Rico needs to be more consistent on today's performance, really need to raise their games. Embarrassing to today, I'm just glad I didn't go!

Very disappointing....I was sure that once Lewis Cook came on and we went 433 the game would completely change.....but no.

You seriously need to get that Tv fixed or utilise the contrast button.

Stacey went off and Fraser went to right back to give us a 4-3-2. An even weaker formation than 4-4-2 for obvious reasons.

Honestly... did you think we looked better with that two man midfield today than our recent run with three in there?

Ultimately, no, I wouldn't jump on any bandwagon for that. Plenty of comments on Twitter saying he should go though. I think more recent supporters may think differently to us longer term fans on this, as we've come from the lower reaches and it wouldn't totally freak us out to be back down there again.

Having said that - something needs to change as I think he's struggling to find the right solutions at the minute. I don't think we can afford to have a two man centre midfield away from home any more. I always anticipated that Gosling and Billing would struggle today.

Eddie should have swiftly altered things, once we saw Mooy in those spaces, even if it meant an early sub. That is the kind of thing he needs to react to much quicker.
He didn't react to it at all

You seriously need to get that Tv fixed or utilise the contrast button.

Stacey went off and Fraser went to right back to give us a 4-3-2. An even weaker formation than 4-4-2 for obvious reasons.

Honestly... did you think we looked better with that two man midfield today than our recent run with three in there?
Lol that memory of yours!....I'm talking about before the second goal when LC came on for Josh....we had Cook Goso and billing as a 3 with Solanke Callum and wee man up front......Ryan went to right back when Stacey went off......never mind Neill give it a couple of years and I suspect it'll come back to you...
;)

Yowser - watched the game but then had to go out immediately after. Just got back. What a firestorm on here. Hopefully @DJ will consolidate the four "Eddie" threads into one place.

My opinion, fwiw -

First, give young Alex a break. Controversial post, and maybe he needs to read a bit of AFCB history. But, I have seen plenty of posts about the importance of bringing a new era of fans to AFCB. With that, you will get the impatience and immaturity of youth.

Second, I agree that Eddie stays. But, let me ask you this. What would be the fate of a manager other than Eddie here whose team has picked up 45 points in 48 games and, but for the brief flashes of brilliance, has looked awful?

Third, yes, yes injuries. But, today's starting XI plus Fraser, L. Cook, Callum should be pretty close to good enough. Ake and Smith would round it out nice, because both add some offense, plus Franno for some good vibes. Brooksie is a huge loss, but if he is the only reason that we can stay in the Premier League, we're lost because he ain't coming back any time soon.

Fourth, again injuries, injuries. It's beyond me to know why this is happening, and why we cannot rehab players quickly. But I'm convinced that there is something inherently gone wrong, it's more than dumb luck by now.

Finally, it happens that players tune out a manager. You can't fire all the players, so typically it's the manager that goes. None of us are in the locker room, but this group of players certainly gives every indication that they are capitulating. Where are the guys who would run through a wall for "the gaffer"? If that continues through the rest of the season, it does make me think that Eddie is on the way out.

Eddie Howe was one of the reasons I was so impressed by AFCB when I started following the team in its first premier league season. Smart, articulate, a seemingly nice guy who had a glint of steel in his eye that hinted "don't mess with me". I hope he pulls us out of this. I hope he stays. It would be a sad chapter to an impressive story if he were to leave under these circumstances.

To the best of my knowledge, you don't get relegated from 16th or 17th position. Just have to turn it around over the next month or so.

Lol that memory of yours!....I'm talking about before the second goal when LC came on for Josh....we had Cook Goso and billing as a 3 with Solanke Callum and wee man up front......Ryan went to right back when Stacey went off......never mind Neill give it a couple of years and I suspect it'll come back to you...
;)
How long was that period of play?

Yowser - watched the game but then had to go out immediately after. Just got back. What a firestorm on here. Hopefully @DJ will consolidate the four "Eddie" threads into one place.

I don’t tend to merge threads unless the flow of the thread will work. With active threads at the same time that’s not possible as conversations overlap without quotes etc.

;