Eddie Howe

YankCherry

First Team
Hi all

I have been lurking for over a year now (as it took that long to be approved for posting) USA fan since the beginning of last season when I heard about the amazing rise from almost out of league 2 - how is there not a movie on this yet?)

One thing I have to ask. Why does Howe get so much flak? What is it? 6 straight years of doing better than the previous year? In any of our sports a manager like that is worth his weight in diamonds.

When we sacked Klinsmann I was desperately hoping the USA would actually think out of the box and get Howe not that it would ever happen.

No real PL quality forwards or backs yet he has us top 10! Amazing...absolutely amazing. I'd prefer we made cup runs as well but we lack a first team let along a depth the top 6 teams have to give it a serious go.

...not sure it is flak, just the usual people expecting too much, a consequence of our rapid rise I am afraid.

We will finish in the top 12 this season I reckon and Howe will have done an amazing job to get us there!

You will see an awful lot of debate on here which might make you think he's getting lots of flak but even the ones that criticise him wouldn't want any other manager.

An outsider might think it's harsh. Look at it like you would your wife, she's not perfect but you know where you want to end up every Saturday!

West Moors Cherry - 12/1/2017 13:24

............. Look at it like you would your wife, she's not perfect but you know where you want to end up every Saturday!

With Kelly Brook?

:grin:

A lot of the adverse comment I suspect comes from 'johnny come latelys' who were never part of a Cherries crowd of 3,000 on a cold January night and think they know it all from watching Match of the Day and Sky.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the rest of this rollercoaster ride

Welcome aboard!!
Everything AFCB is hyper analysed by us on here, as a result it might look like Howe gets flak because we discuss so many questions and points. After all what else would we talk about?! :)

But in the bigger picture, we all realise we just wouldn't be where we are without Howe, he is exceptional.

It's not just 6 years of improvement YC for the last three years he's guided AFCB to their best EVER finish and hopefully will do it again this year. He surpassed Harry Redknapp as our greatest ever manager years ago and he's not stopped. This is from one of out best and certainly most popular players - see Eddieshare. I don't know of any AFCB fan that doesn't think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

But, as WMC says above, football is all about opinions and as the cheif decision maker he's always going to be scrutinised and so he should be.

Welcome Yank Cherry, good to see we are making progress in the good old U.S of A.
Every manager will take a bit of criticism no matter how much they achieve (Arsene Wenger has for quite sometime but they still finish top 4) at some point and quite justifiably mostly, I dare say he doesn't take a jot of notice.

Great responses guys. Figured that was what it was. Glad to see I misinterpreted LOL huge Howe fan.

And no trump stuff please..its humiliating.

YankCherry - 12/1/2017 13:15

I have been lurking for over a year now (as it took that long to be approved for posting)

Welcome to the forum.

I notice you registered less than two weeks ago, would be interested to know why there was a delay in getting approved? Please feel free to PM me.

Take no notice of the bedwetters on here.

I never bother getting involved with the tactical, managerial, player recruitment debates on the basis EH is a genius and knows best.

Yes, it may be fun to air football opinions on a massage board but some of the criticism on here (millwall in particular) is frankly laughable

New Forest Cherry - 12/1/2017 14:44

Take no notice of the bedwetters on here.

I never bother getting involved with the tactical, managerial, player recruitment debates on the basis EH is a genius and knows best.

Yep the Iturbe loan, Ibe, Tomlin, Murray, Grabban, M Wilson signings were all genius. ..damn it I'm turning into Dawson.

Debate is what actually makes this place work, no matter what bollox is discussed.

That aside Eddie Howe is God :thumbsup: (unlike me and my spelling)

;