Eddie Mitchell RIP

Eddie Mitchell - as chairman of our football club, made a lot of people happy.
Eddie Mitchell - as a Property Developer, left a lot of people out of pocket.
Eddie Mitchell - never did anything that wasn't for the benefit of Eddie Mitchell.

69th minute maybe?

There has been a lot of joking about the car park he built at Dean Court, but after the potholes we had in the previous one it was very much appreciated by the cars/vehicles and their drivers when Eddie Mitchell built the new one. :grinning:

Anyone who didn’t know the ground and were going there for the first time, the first thing they would have seen was the poor state of our car park.

First impressions can be important and Eddie converted the area to be much better.

Also as has been mentioned he introduced Max Demin to our club.

But for me one of his best decisions was to turn down another Russian group who eventually took over at Pompey and the rest is history.

RIP
Not just the car park - he upgraded bits of the stadium and helped to put bits of it into use which had been left unfinished and untouched since the original construction company walked away from completing it .
Decent club shop too .

Gutted to hear the news yesterday. As an owner, I did realise but didn't appreciate how much he did for us until he left the club.
I'm sure the Man City game will be emotional, especially for the likes of Smudge.
R.I.P Eddie and thank you!
What a legacy to leave behind!

A brilliant episode of Cherries Unpicked , with a great segment at the end about Eddie Mitchell and his reign at the club. Listening to the old clips brings back some very happy memories of a momentous time for AFCB .
R.I.P Eddie - UTCIAD.

Was there any recognition from the club today for our former owner?
No unless they had it early, I got into the ground about 25-30 minutes before kickoff.

At the 69th minute I think we were all wrapped up in the game it probably was forgotten.

;