Eddie Mitchell RIP

Disappointed but not surprised. Having spoken to loyal players who were just ignored on the way out and we know managers were sacked by text.

There’s a lack of class and personal bitterness here from our CEO. Unless they are planning something for Tuesday we chose to ignore the passing of one of the four people we directly owe our current status too.

Shoddy. As per.

Disappointed but not surprised. Having spoken to loyal players who were just ignored on the way out and we know managers were sacked by text.

There’s a lack of class and personal bitterness here from our CEO. Unless they are planning something for Tuesday we chose to ignore the passing of one of the four people we directly owe our current status too.

Shoddy. As per.
The CEO should remember who originally made him CEO.

Never, ever forget your roots.

Eddie Mitchell was banned from the club wasn’t he? Must be a reason - not sure what it is - but maybe that’s why it wasn’t officially acknowledged.

Don’t know the facts but wouldn’t judge the club until I did tbh

Eddie Mitchell was banned from the club wasn’t he? Must be a reason - not sure what it is - but maybe that’s why it wasn’t officially acknowledged.

EM was on his bike days after Max bought his own accounts team in

I'll leave people to draw their own conclusions

Really petty of the club to not acknowledge his passing though;

Last edited:

It was mentioned on one of those COVID podcasts with Eddie Mitchel. It was definitely a bad split. He didn't go into details but his side of the story was that senior staff "cosied up to the money" (not sure if that is an exact quote) as soon as Max took over. He seemed pretty sure that there would be something that would come at some point.

My interpretation, which is purely speculation and should be treated as such is that he wanted to be involved with everything whereas Max was probably the opposite. Max wanted the club but not the role of managing it so handed it off to the existing senior staff who probably didn't want their old boss around. It would depend on who you talk to as to why that was but I could easily see EM having the opinion that the staff were slacking and that causing issues.

It was mentioned on one of those COVID podcasts with Eddie Mitchel. It was definitely a bad split. He didn't go into details but his side of the story was that senior staff "cosied up to the money" (not sure if that is an exact quote) as soon as Max took over. He seemed pretty sure that there would be something that would come at some point.

My interpretation, which is purely speculation and should be treated as such is that he wanted to be involved with everything whereas Max was probably the opposite. Max wanted the club but not the role of managing it so handed it off to the existing senior staff who probably didn't want their old boss around. It would depend on who you talk to as to why that was but I could easily see EM having the opinion that the staff were slacking and that causing issues.
Hear lots of things but KBG’s post is an interesting slant.

Not sure I follow your logic given mostyn stayed on for so long and was still welcome to games.

I don’t know tbh. Expect, it’s complicated!!

Hear lots of things but KBG’s post is an interesting slant.

Not sure I follow your logic given mostyn stayed on for so long and was still welcome to games.

I don’t know tbh. Expect, it’s complicated!!
I'm cautious about generating narratives here but I thought that Mostyn was retained as staff.

You are testing my memory now but I thought Mostyn was brought in when Max took full ownership of the club. He previously left when MD bought his share in the club.

EDIT: OK I've cheated and found this
AFC Bournemouth: Mostyn is back in the chairman's hot seat | Bournemouth Echo
On his role, Mostyn said: “There will be joint responsibility. I see myself, along with Neill, as responsible for implementing the strategy of the board.

“Any changes will be subtle but there will be more independence for individuals (staff) and decisions will be made without constant consultation. Maxim is a great believer in allowing people to live up to the faith we have in them.

;