Eddie must take the blame for that one

I don’t mean to bash Franno, he’s a real good professional and has been fantastic for us. Easy to forget he’s 2 years older than Pughy!
I just think that now, in this league, his comfort on the ball is being exposed.

Most feared that against Crystal Palace and yet Zaha still hasn’t emerged from Franno’s back pocket.

Most feared that against Crystal Palace and yet Zaha still hasn’t emerged from Franno’s back pocket.

Agreed. Smith is still our best right back but Franno never gives less than 100%

Redskin, Simon has always lingered too long on the ball, its something hes done since he first joined us. He likes to draw the opposition player close to him and every match waits too long at least once but its nothing new.

He was superb!
Are you comfortable with him being our only right back when facing our run of fixtures between now and New Year though? I'm certainly not!
I hope we can pair him with someone on the right who will help out, like a Fraser, Pugh, Brooks. That isn't going to be Ibe.

Well, at least I understand your level of comprehension.

Thinking you probably don't actually. You made up an entire new thread to slag Ibe off, when there were at least two other existing threads you could have made this point. Bit puzzling but also very obvious you would do so, probably wetting your pants in the hurry.

Thinking you probably don't actually. You made up an entire new thread to slag Ibe off, when there were at least two other existing threads you could have made this point. Bit puzzling but also very obvious you would do so, probably wetting your pants in the hurry.

Thanks for confirming I was right.

He was superb!
Are you comfortable with him being our only right back when facing our run of fixtures between now and New Year though? I'm certainly not!
I hope we can pair him with someone on the right who will help out, like a Fraser, Pugh, Brooks. That isn't going to be Ibe.

Exactly, I've no doubt Eddie and Franno himself are well aware of his limitations, that's why he needs some cover ahead of him definitely not a job for Ibe

He was superb!

Gosh no, I’ve wanted us to sign a new right back or someone who can play there to be second option behind Smith for a long time.

Far more comfortable to see him at centre back, but don’t doubt he will continue to have his moments where he proves me wrong...again.

He was great that day , helped with very good assistance from Brooks and to a lesser but still significant degree L. Cook.
When he’s totally on his game he is a very good player.

Well having just got back here is my two pennorth worth.
When looking at the team in the pub an hour before K.O. we all said how unbalanced it looked :- Ibe Fraser and Brooks all right sided attack minded players - so we end up with Fraser playing wide left but at times wandering over to the right, and Brooks and Ibe not sure who is supposed to be doing what.
Then we have our right back/right wing back Smith playing at left back when we could so easily have played Daniels there. This would have allowed Smith to either play right wing back in front of Franno or just put Smithy at right back. Result of Smith at left back is for the second game in a row we concede identical goals with a ball played behind Smith for a cross into the near post area.
Why do we want to put square pegs in round holes ?
Now I know Ibe has got slaughtered - fair enough he was abysmal yesterday but others must also put their hands up and take blame.
Lewis Cook never gives the ball away goes the song, well after yesterday it should be Lewis Cook ALWAYS gives the ball away - he was absolutely awful - what was wrong with him ?
Steve Cook - well I can excuse a poor game after being so good for so long, same for Ake although I think Ake has seemed fast asleep in the opening 20 minutes at both Newcastle and Fulham (he was lucky and got away with it at Fulham).
I felt sorry for Wilson yesterday, he had no support, who was supposed to be in the no 10 role ?
For me Gosling should have started with Cook and Lerma, Smith should have been at right back and Daniels at left, Brooks should have played the no 10 role and Fraser played on the right wing. Ibe and Franno on the bench.
That was a game we should have got something from, we had chances and I always felt that we had a second goal in us but we ran out of ideas. Newcastle are poor and if we had played that game right we could have done a Fulham job on them.
Very disappointing but as ever a cracking w/end ooop north.

I think Harry up there got the best of it

The reason Eddie needs to accept a poo, is because he made one change then made the change we expected, which was pronbaly the one we should have started with

;