Eddie theory

johnycarper

First Team
Since the announcement and all the speculating I had a thought probably rubbish, but what if Jason takes over until the end of next season and then Eddie returns.If he is in need of some down time this would work,don't think it would happen but just a thought.

Can't see it, his statement was very final from what I read. If the plan was for him to take a break and then come back when refreshed, I don't think the statement would've been how it was.

But what if Jason does brilliantly, wins the title and takes us back up?

It wouldn't be too good for him - "thanks for all you've achieved, but Eddie's back"

Don't see it

I don’t doubt Eddie will return one day, he’s still young. But can’t see it anytime soon. I don’t think there is a plan where we appoint someone just for a year.

Since the announcement and all the speculating I had a thought probably rubbish, but what if Jason takes over until the end of next season and then Eddie returns.If he is in need of some down time this would work,don't think it would happen but just a thought.

I was thinking the same and you never know

From his perspective for his career that would be a very poor decision. It would cement him as a one club manager.

If he's got any sense he'll realise that he probably is a one club manager.

That is nothing to be ashamed of.

Most managers spent years winning the square root of fuckall at a load of clubs; greeted as the new Messiah only to be given the heave ho a few months later, despised by the fans and, if they're lucky, soon forgotten.

I really hope that he doesn't feel obliged to get back into managing; he doesn't need the money and a job as a pundit awaits.

Last edited:
I can't get this Eddie is going to come back business. The only time he'll come back is with another team, honestly.

Get a grip people. FFS.

Eddie may just take up a coaching role which would then give him time with his young family.

Working and improving players seems to be what he enjoys most.

I think Eddie was sacked!

Max issues a statement (which is so unlike him) saying he wants us to return to the Premier League - there is no mention of Eddie. I think this was so us fans would think Max is fully behind anything needed to get us promoted and before the news of Eddie leaving.

Eddie issues a statement to say he is leaving by mutual consent. I thing Eddie was given a option - resign by mutual consent or get the sack.

Id say lots of behind the scenes goings on and way to deal with it eddie had to go

Max issues a statement (which is so unlike him) saying he wants us to return to the Premier League - there is no mention of Eddie. I think this was so us fans would think Max is fully behind anything needed to get us promoted and before the news of Eddie leaving.

Eddie issues a statement to say he is leaving by mutual consent. I thing Eddie was given a option - resign by mutual consent or get the sack.[/QUOT

We all love Eddie that's well documented.......but I feel he will need a lot of time at another club, before he gets his side playing as he wants, that I feel is where he may come unstuck , he will not get the time he got here, fans will be ready to get on his back if things are not going well. Eddie has not experienced this and no other club is going to give him the loyalty and patience he got here.
There are lots of players and managers that only seem to be able to perform at one club imo Eddie is one of those.
Edit to add....Eddie will ever get another club where he has as much control as he had here.

Last edited:
If he's got any sense he'll realise that he probably is a one club manager.

That is nothing to be ashamed of.

Most managers spent years wining the square root of fuckall at a load of clubs; greeted as the new Messiah only to be given the heave ho a few months later, despised by the fans and, if they're lucky, soon forgotten.

I really hope that he doesn't feel obliged to get back into managing; he doesn't need the money and a job as a pundit awaits.

if he didn't have a young family I'd like him to get a job abroad
could easily see him being successful in, say, Germany
just hope he doesn't become one of those managers who goes from job to job in the championship until they get sacked somewhere and fade into obscurity

if he didn't have a young family I'd like him to get a job abroad
could easily see him being successful in, say, Germany
just hope he doesn't become one of those managers who goes from job to job in the championship until they get sacked somewhere and fade into obscurity

I can see Eddie going somewhere like Inter Miami or joining Sky Sports

Eddie issues a statement to say he is leaving by mutual consent. I thing Eddie was given a option - resign by mutual consent or get the sack.
I thought on this, if he resigned he would forfeit any compensation? but if he sacked he would get compensation, so their is no need for eddie to say mutual consent unless they gave him a massive over the top payment just so the board can say they didn't sack eddie

I had a chat with my hedgehogs last night about it all, told them all what you were all saying & thinking. One of them (the greediest fooker) said he knew a hoglet that lived in kings park, and he'd heard that family matters had got to eddie. his dog had been ill, his piano lessons were going terribly, and that he had really hoped to be furloughed so he could take a few months off so he could just order beer, pizza, and some more hottubs from amazon. the kids were doing his head in, but compared to dealing with pricks (& they know about pricks) like ibe & fraser, it was still preferable. The others basically agreed, but used the word "premiership" a few times, which wound me right up. Anyway, it may not be true - but thats the hogs view.

:utc:

;