Eddie to Celtic?

Never mind Waz , they always hate the posters that call it first . Most of these happy clappers still think Ibe didn’t have enough opportunities , we were too good to go down and Rantie4 could still do a job for us .
The champion of the repressed!

Its not those opinions its the bed wetting, 5 mins into a game, continual criticism of certain players, formations, oh and state the bleeding obvious, I.e we won't be spending in jan.
We all know when the team doesn't play well, we all criticise, but having a meltdown every game, no team wins every game, very few relegated teams go straight back up, look at the stats!
We have no right to walk over any team in this league. I think we'll make the play offs, automatic promotion might be a stretch unless we get our mojo back
If you've watched for as many years as a lot have on here, you'd appreciate the quality team we have and the number of wins we're getting rather than having a melt down every time we don't win

And this is a great example of a meltdown .

Nothing the matter with the way the club was managed over the PL period. How do you think we got five years in ? We haven't had a fire sale, the club hasn't been sold. We have three years of parachute payments, the owner is still in charge with no external debt, we've made some decent money on transfers whilst retaining a squad fighting for promotion. We have some great loanees in, team spirit seems high.

Think positive Waz.
We should have prioritised investment in infrastructure, it was very short termist to spunk all of the money on players

We should have prioritised investment in infrastructure, it was very short termist to spunk all of the money on players
I'm not sure that spending most of the money on players was that harmful. Perhaps they could have made an earlier start on the training ground, but that's not really something that fans go to watch.

Besides, when I look at how easily our 'reserve' team got kicked out of the Cups, and how Leeds youngsters fared against Crawley, I'm not convinced that all the 'development' money has that much benefit.

Also, Max got a good 5 years ou of the Prem, and started way before that, so I think the short-term tag isn't really that accurate.

We don't know if it would have been better, but I bloody enjoyed our time in the top flight.

I'm not sure that spending most of the money on players was that harmful. Perhaps they could have made an earlier start on the training ground, but that's not really something that fans go to watch.

Besides, when I look at how easily our 'reserve' team got kicked out of the Cups, and how Leeds youngsters fared against Crawley, I'm not convinced that all the 'development' money has that much benefit.

Also, Max got a good 5 years ou of the Prem, and started way before that, so I think the short-term tag isn't really that accurate.

We don't know if it would have been better, but I bloody enjoyed our time in the top flight.

The whole lack of infrastructure ground investment has driven me crazy over the years also ... but you can’t argue with the five years in the PL . It’s all ifs and buts now anyway .

Last edited:

We had the best opportunity we’ll ever have to build the club for years to come. We chose instead to prioritise short term success on the pitch

Yep... Palace a strong shout...if Roy has had enough....and I'd say a perfect landing for Eddie...so much better than the plastic easy come trophies and religious hatred at Celtuc !

;