Eddie to Celtic?

Anyone underestimating Gerrard needs their head read.....and he only needs one, maybe two, wins over Ed...and that's End Eddie with the fans and a very short reign thereafter!

A ridiculous appointment if it happens!

Good luck to the bloke.

Interesting that he might take Hughes up there with him because I was under the impression he was a waste of space at our club according to most of the oracle's on here. Apparently not what Howe thinks.

Also, let's not forget that a lot of our 'fans' knew more than Eddie for the last 3/4 years.

Quite unbelievable really!

Would our club miss Hughes?

The last para of link mentions what Eddie thought of him.

Richard Hughes was born in Glasgow and below is an article about Hughes and does he have experience as a technical director.

He sure does. His official title is technical director - a position he took up at Bournemouth in 2014 as he worked closely with Howe.

The pair built a squad that romped to the Championship title before enjoying five years together in the Premier League.

Celtic are in the midst of overhauling their football department and Hughes certainly fits the bill.

Yes, he is boosted by his connections to Howe, but he is highly regarded and his extensive experience in identifying players and working with scouts and academy director.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...s/who-richard-hughes-celtic-director-23840532

Don't really have a clear opinion on whether Hughes is great or terrible. If we're looking to rebuild in life after Eddie, then having already let Tindall go, I dont think it's a bad idea to let Hughes go as well. A clean sweep allows new blood to really take hold of the club.

Obviously we all want Eddie Howe to do well where ever he goes. Even as a pundit on MOTD brings a little bit of pride because he is one of our own. Sadly I don't think he will come back home in my lifetime.

As an aside I wonder if Steve Lovell might join the "clan".

Obviously we all want Eddie Howe to do well where ever he goes. Even as a pundit on MOTD brings a little bit of pride because he is one of our own. Sadly I don't think he will come back home in my lifetime.

As an aside I wonder if Steve Lovell might join the "clan".

Not forgetting his nephew Andy.

....I wouldn’t be surprised to see Eddie raid our squad for the likes of Smith...Lerma and Stanislas if he gets the job?
Lerma would be out of their price range and wage bracket tbf.......Stan would be a possibility though.

;