Eddie to Celtic?

Nuno to Palace and Everton looking at the ex Lille manager
Not sure if Eddie is going to get anything in the prem so may have to do a job in the championship again

So Swansea fans can breathe a sigh of relief or not depending on their opinion.

Or maybe not.

Palace 'end talks' with Nuno Espirito Santo

Crystal Palace have reportedly walked away from their pursuit of Nuno Espirito Santo amid concerns over his demands.

That is according to Sports Mail, who claim Palace officials pulled the plug on their attempts to make the Portuguese their next boss on Tuesday night.

The report claims Santo has made a series of demands and the club have decided not to follow through with their interest.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...s/everton-transfer-news-manager-live-20768465

Then the Metro says different today.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/09/crys...-after-fending-off-everton-interest-14740980/

Last edited:
Celtic have a new manager.

Sky

Ange Postecoglou's appointment has come out of left-field, but became a necessity after drawn-out talks with former Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe eventually broke down.

Eddie Howe appears to be on the brink of missing out on the top job at Everton - and some Celtic fans on social media are loving every minute of it.

Howe was linked with the Hoops hot-seat for several months following the resignation of Neil Lennon on February 24, and was the red-hot favourite with bookmakers to replace the Northern Irishman at Parkhead.

However, at the end of May, Howe pulled out of the protracted negotiations after being linked with the manager's job at Everton - the club he supported as a boy.

Howe was initially installed as favourite for the Toffees gig but it now seems he's been pipped to the post by none other than Liverpool legend Rafa Benitez, with the Daily Record reporting the Spaniard is on the brink of a return to Merseyside - only this time with the blue half.

As you can imagine, the opportunity to stick the boot into Howe hasn't been passed up by a some gleeful Celtic fans:

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/celtic-fans-gleefully-troll-eddie-20835586

So the Celtic fans dont think that Eddie’s decision had nothing to do with a Celtic directors house being petrol bombed and didn’t think that was the place for his family?
Also when the move to Celtic finally collapsed EH was nowhere near favourite for the Everton job. Totally made up story. I don't think EH at the time was even considering the Everton job as a possibility. By all accounts Celtic just couldn't get the deal done ( with the backroom staff EH wanted etc. ).

Total BS to say he dropped it because he fancied the Everton job !!!

It could all be gravitating towards EH and Boscombe slipping into the same orbit due to frustration on the part of both..
Our hierarchy not having the ability or clout to get likes of Parker or Rafa for example.

..and Edward the Ready itching to manage even 'something'....after his time out doing whatever ( maintenance on his Thunderbird...the strings need renewing )... while his name, only his name, turning up in a sparse number of Kingdoms!

A convenient drop into a known environment might suit him for a year or maybe two...just to get going again....but would that be good for us...and with the same nuggets playing with the money and transfer aspects?

Our Eddies Clydeside and Merseyside adventures have silted up..and a boat for sailing up the Itchen hasnt raised sail..but Thank God for that !

...Our 'River of Optimism for the coming season is fast morphing into something the size of the trickle at the origin of the Bourne Stream...on Canford Heath!

Can someone nip across to Blue Pool on Purbeck....stare into the depths...to see if there are any answers floating up !
Meanwhile I'll go over to Dozmary Pool up the road...pull out King Arthur's Sword, spin round three times and sing Jerusalem.

Or I could send the sword to Dean Court for the purpose of chopping some pine for the ' Whiiiiiiiiiiite Smoooooooooooooooooooke !

Desperate Remedies.

It could all be gravitating towards EH and Boscombe slipping into the same orbit due to frustration on the part of both..
Our hierarchy not having the ability or clout to get likes of Parker or Rafa for example.

..and Edward the Ready itching to manage even 'something'....after his time out doing whatever ( maintenance on his Thunderbird...the strings need renewing )... while his name, only his name, turning up in a sparse number of Kingdoms!

A convenient drop into a known environment might suit him for a year or maybe two...just to get going again....but would that be good for us...and with the same nuggets playing with the money and transfer aspects?

Our Eddies Clydeside and Merseyside adventures have silted up..and a boat for sailing up the Itchen hasnt raised sail..but Thank God for that !

...Our 'River of Optimism for the coming season is fast morphing into something the size of the trickle at the origin of the Bourne Stream...on Canford Heath!

Can someone nip across to Blue Pool on Purbeck....stare into the depths...to see if there are any answers floating up !
Meanwhile I'll go over to Dozmary Pool up the road...pull out King Arthur's Sword, spin round three times and sing Jerusalem.

Or I could send the sword to Dean Court for the purpose of chopping some pine for the ' Whiiiiiiiiiiite Smoooooooooooooooooooke !

Desperate Remedies.
On top form today Brian !
Have a gold star !
:clap:

Desperate Remedies.
You just wouldn't listen to the warnings about eating mushrooms you find in the woods......

Right, that does it.

Mrs 4ers has seen Eddie (with family) a couple of times whilst out shopping.

She is now under strict instructions that if she sees him again, she will batter him around the chops with a wet kipper and not stop until he relents and agrees to come back to the place he belongs.

There you are Mostyn & Co, that’s how to get the job done.

Gawd help us, how long is this going to go on for?

It’s quite a shame that move didn’t work out for Eddie as one of his most coveted strikers plays there ....... in fact you could say he would have been Ed’s ‘favourite‘.........

Odsonne Edouard ........

You get it? Odsonne ............. Ods - onne ............... favourite - Ods - On ....

Where’d I leave my coat? :wack:

It’s quite a shame that move didn’t work out for Eddie as one of his most coveted strikers plays there ....... in fact you could say he would have been Ed’s ‘favourite‘.........

Odsonne Edouard ........

You get it? Odsonne ............. Ods - onne ............... favourite - Ods - On ....

Where’d I leave my coat? :wack:

I wouldn't open with it..... ;)

;