Eddie to Celtic?

Read second post down from our Burnley visitor to this MB from July last year.

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/eddie-howe-sean-dyche-burnley.12010/

without Eddie, dyche’s success would have taken much longer

eddie prefers an attacking adventurous style than pragmatic hoof ball. Guess which is harder to get results? I expect Burnley will swap excitement for success but Bournemouth fans without the historic achievements of Burnley to weigh us down are less tolerant (eg Quinn, pulis)

sorry but I would not pay to watch a side managed by dyche but I would to see an Eddie team

anyway the question was did he fail. The answer is no imho. Burnley could have easily done a Portsmouth/Bolton/Sunderland and gone down again.

Last edited:
...the only thing that I find a bit puzzling is that over the years jobs at Southampton,West Ham,Everton,Newcastle,Tottenham,Arsenal,Crystal Palace, and the like have been vacant and no club has really come in for Howe even when he was at his peak with us and his stock was high?

Maybe because we know what he done for us at AFCB we have overrated him with good reasons related to the tremendous stuff he achieved at our club...

I personally reckon that he will still be an England manager one day as I did when he rocketed us to The PL...I hope that he will one day manage in The PL and get the chance to prove his worth..

Wouldn't surprise me if he was approached during his peak PL years with us, but as he was happy, always backed (as far as we're aware), didn;t want to move on, so an official approach was never made to the club.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was approached during his peak PL years with us, but as he was happy, always backed (as far as we're aware), didn;t want to move on, so an official approach was never made to the club.

I spoke about Eddie leaving to a former player once (no names) and he said that Eddie would struggle to get the level of control he enjoyed at afcb at other “bigger” clubs. This must have been a big factor in him staying so long given his passion to oversee things.

I spoke about Eddie leaving to a former player once (no names) and he said that Eddie would struggle to get the level of control he enjoyed at afcb at other “bigger” clubs. This must have been a big factor in him staying so long given his passion to oversee things.

Yes I mentioned similar before. He would be probably struggle to get near the same autonomy he had here with most other clubs, unless going further down tge ladder. Hence why I find it difficult to imagine him managing most clubs in the top division and bigger clubs at our level, so God knows where he'll end up, unless he's prepared to start making bigger consessions

without Eddie, dyche’s success would have taken much longer

eddie prefers an attacking adventurous style than pragmatic hoof ball. Guess which is harder to get results? I expect Burnley will swap excitement for success but Bournemouth fans without the historic achievements of Burnley to weigh us down are less tolerant (eg Quinn, pulis)

sorry but I would not pay to watch a side managed by dyche but I would to see an Eddie team

anyway the question was did he fail. The answer is no imho. Burnley could have easily done a Portsmouth/Bolton/Sunderland and gone down again.

This is such a fickle view. Our best results came playing counter attacking football like Burnley do a lot of the time.

Getting the ball quickly up the pitch and putting dangerous crosses into the box has never been boring to watch. When they can't do that because the opposition is too good for them, how is that any different to when we got steam rolled and offered nothing?

This is such a fickle view. Our best results came playing counter attacking football like Burnley do a lot of the time.

Getting the ball quickly up the pitch and putting dangerous crosses into the box has never been boring to watch. When they can't do that because the opposition is too good for them, how is that any different to when we got steam rolled and offered nothing?

If only the negative part of Burnley was simply putting dangerous crosses into the box.

last season was a shocker for us - many reasons for that. Don’t forget dyche led Burnley down one season too

If only the negative part of Burnley was simply putting dangerous crosses into the box.

last season was a shocker for us - many reasons for that. Don’t forget dyche led Burnley down one season too

There's still only one team in the PL that hasn't registered a shot on target... All I'm saying is you're throwing stones in glass houses, we were very poor to watch for the last 2 PL seasons and that's as a fan, it would have been completely dull for a neutral which I reckon would be backed up by the viewing statistics declining.

Got me thinking, did Eddie know a lot more than we think, more to him turning the job down? The Edwards move, coming to us for a trial and turning down Celtic coupled with the Seaweeds and Fulham buying players from them. Would appear they are having the heart ripped out of their team, along with Scott Brown retiring. Tough times ahead.

Got me thinking, did Eddie know a lot more than we think, more to him turning the job down? The Edwards move, coming to us for a trial and turning down Celtic coupled with the Seaweeds and Fulham buying players from them. Would appear they are having the heart ripped out of their team, along with Scott Brown retiring. Tough times ahead.
100%. Even Celtic fans will tell you they are in for a rough time even if Klopp or Pep had taken them. Also they are in a two team league they have to win with the other team in its cyclical ascendancy. Mess that job up and he would have been ‘can only manage Bournemouth’… and it wouldn’t have been his fault.

100%. Even Celtic fans will tell you they are in for a rough time even if Klopp or Pep had taken them. Also they are in a two team league they have to win with the other team in its cyclical ascendancy. Mess that job up and he would have been ‘can only manage Bournemouth’… and it wouldn’t have been his fault.
...sure Eddie is astute enough to wait for the one job that I think he covets at St Mary's...trouble is it may not come up for a while if Arssentootal gets a good start to the season and Stains are holding their own..

;