Eddie's post-match body language

don't forget that out of 94 other teams in the league, 11 are currently above us, 83 are below us, whilst both a) and b) have happened.

I can't get behind Eddie, because
a) he has put the squad together, including spending millions and millions on players who are not up to it
b) they play to Eddie's formation and tactics.
Neither a) or b) has worked.

To say we should get behind him is like asking us to get behind a clapped out black and white telly in the hope that it will suddenly start screening coloured pictures. It ain't going to happen.

So you'd rather have someone different than someone who has seen us through bad runs before and always come good.

Who would you want in to replace Eddie?

PS You don't need to repeat the word "millions", one will do.....

Takes full responsibility for the performance.

What he says about last night is exactly as I saw it.

Honest bloke Eddie, not blaming the players like other managers have done.

For me one of the problems are two players who were on form last season and had a great understanding in Fraser and Wilson, have not shown that form together this season.

Also the injuries to important players, can’t remember what it was like last season.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...afc-bournemouths-poor-display-crystal-palace/

Takes full responsibility for the performance.

Honest bloke Eddie, not blaming the players like other managers have done.

Which of course is what you’d expect from Eddie Howe the manager and the man.

Deflect the pressure away from the squad onto himself.

Doesn’t mean it’s 100% true, but it’s what you do when you have a young squad, struggling for confidence and on field leadership.

Internally, things aren’t going to change as the season develops unless the players themselves step up and take some responsibility for their own professional pride.

The whole team lacks drive and leadership,no Arter,no Elphick,no Steve Cook,just a wandering bunch of highly paid nomads.How do we end up with the inept Solanke yet Saints get the energetic and goal scorer Ings. Even Ibe would have provided some energy,that was walking football last night and we got what we deserved. The Liverpool connection has been a total expensive and useless exercise.

The whole team lacks drive and leadership,no Arter,no Elphick,no Steve Cook,just a wandering bunch of highly paid nomads.How do we end up with the inept Solanke yet Saints get the energetic and goal scorer Ings. Even Ibe would have provided some energy,that was walking football last night and we got what we deserved. The Liverpool connection has been a total expensive and useless exercise.

So the Liverpool connection has been a “total expensive and useless exercise”, but your solution is to incorporate Ibe?? :hmmm:

I believe in Eddie's ability to motivate and craft any group of players BUT:

Before the game last night was a table showing points won over the last 40 games (I may need to be corrected on that). I'm pretty sure it started after our very purple patch at the beginning of last season and it includes our "good" patch from earlier this.

The very worrying thing is, even with that good spell, we're 16th best in the league, winning 41 points in that time.

Assuming that table was covering the last year, we really haven't been very good at all. Yes injuries, but yes also not very good.

We recruited in the Summer, seemingly well. There's enough in our squad to see us doing better than we are.

I believe Eddie is an exceptionally talented coach, manager and developer of players but given the numbers I find it hard to argue that the results are not good enough and he didn't look last night like he knew how to improve things.

It's not time to panic yet but if our 6-monthly bump in form doesn't arrive sooner than usual we might be in trouble.

I believe in Eddie's ability to motivate and craft any group of players BUT:

Before the game last night was a table showing points won over the last 40 games (I may need to be corrected on that). I'm pretty sure it started after our very purple patch at the beginning of last season and it includes our "good" patch from earlier this.

The very worrying thing is, even with that good spell, we're 16th best in the league, winning 41 points in that time.

Assuming that table was covering the last year, we really haven't been very good at all. Yes injuries, but yes also not very good.

We recruited in the Summer, seemingly well. There's enough in our squad to see us doing better than we are.

I believe Eddie is an exceptionally talented coach, manager and developer of players but given the numbers I find it hard to argue that the results are not good enough and he didn't look last night like he knew how to improve things.

It's not time to panic yet but if our 6-monthly bump in form doesn't arrive sooner than usual we might be in trouble.

Why isn’t averaging over a point per game good enough? Everything about this league is surviving. You’re either in the top 6 or you’re in the scrap for relegation dependent on form, injuries etc?

The signings are all long term signings, turning around an aging squad to one of the youngest in the division. Our oldest player was 28 last night. Other sides have an average age older than that.

I can't get behind Eddie, because
a) he has put the squad together, including spending millions and millions on players who are not up to it
b) they play to Eddie's formation and tactics.
Neither a) or b) has worked.

To say we should get behind him is like asking us to get behind a clapped out black and white telly in the hope that it will suddenly start screening coloured pictures. It ain't going to happen.
Each to their own. A better analogy would be a glorious hi-tec colour TV where the signal is poor at the moment. A bit of tweaking, and hopefully normal service will be resumed

I left as soon as whistle went, conscious decision not to clap them off, and with the number of people doing the same it was quite clear to the team and EH the support was not impressed
However, I dont agree with the abuse I saw some people giving(easy to see walking up the steps with said people facing you), the two fingered salute, ************************ sign, and shouts of '"you lot can **************** off, you're getting nothing from me for that ****************" etc etc.
They can get the message fans are after a better performance, but taking it to a more personal level with a young team, not sure that helps (aside from your own therapy)

I left as soon as whistle went, conscious decision not to clap them off, and with the number of people doing the same it was quite clear to the team and EH the support was not impressed
However, I dont agree with the abuse I saw some people giving(easy to see walking up the steps with said people facing you), the two fingered salute, ****** sign, and shouts of '"you lot can **** off, you're getting nothing from me for that ****" etc etc.
They can get the message fans are after a better performance, but taking it to a more personal level with a young team, not sure that helps (aside from your own therapy)
I agree with you no call for that. I watched the game and could not believe the slow pace they were playing at. It was as if they were 3-0 up with 5 minutes to play Just slowly passing the ball strolling around. It was an appalling display with no quality whatsoever. A number of players need to be dropped for Saturday.

Why isn’t averaging over a point per game good enough? Everything about this league is surviving. You’re either in the top 6 or you’re in the scrap for relegation dependent on form, injuries etc?

The signings are all long term signings, turning around an aging squad to one of the youngest in the division. Our oldest player was 28 last night. Other sides have an average age older than that.
I take your point about the young squad and you're right about a point per game but the thing that makes me worry is that we have huffed, puffed, struggled languidly and got a bit lucky to average that many points. I can think of 2 or 3 games off the top of my head that we probably should have lost or got draws. Consider how unispiring we've looked over the last year even in victory and it's not a great picture. Take 6 points off for those lucky games and it's far worse.

We ought to be a team better than 16th in the league, youngsters or not, given the supposed pedigree and prior achievements of our illustrious coach.

I take your point about the young squad and you're right about a point per game but the thing that makes me worry is that we have huffed, puffed, struggled languidly and got a bit lucky to average that many points. I can think of 2 or 3 games off the top of my head that we probably should have lost or got draws. Consider how unispiring we've looked over the last year even in victory and it's not a great picture. Take 6 points off for those lucky games and it's far worse.

We ought to be a team better than 16th in the league, youngsters or not, given the supposed pedigree and prior achievements of our illustrious coach.

I was with you until your final sentence.

While our struggle for goals in open play harp back to last season once teams figured out our counter attacking style, the key turning point for this bad run was Newcastle away.

For the first 25 mins we were excellent. One of the rare occasions we actually produced the free flowing one touch football we used to be known for. Then for whatever reason we stopped playing. We stopped making the runs, we kept taking an extra touch. It was almost as if the game became too easy. As complacency set in, our passing got erratic and Newcastle got control of the game.

Our performances since have been very similar. Eddie needs to show them those first 25 mins at Newcastle again as the standard we need to reach and drill into the squad they have to maintain their standards for the full 90.

But on the other hand if you add the 9(?) points we could've got in unlucky games...

Bear in min that three of those were playing half that period in the division below where wins were easier to come by, as evidenced by the fact they fact they got promoted

;