EFL Cup draw

Last season's second half of the cup game at Stamford Bridge was our best 45 of the season IMO (even better than the PL win). And that was with a much weaker midfield than our current first choice and with Simpson at CB.

If - IF - Eddie plays the first team we have a decent chance.

would be nice if he could tell us if its going to be a reserve team before we waste a journey.... maybe a wink or something at the presser

Hmm, if we can just make the side slightly more coherent, with a few regulars, we'll have a decent chance.

Trouble is the timing and fixture list around that time is horrible, Eddie will want to rest as many as he can.

I think this is a good draw for us. Chelsea looked vulnerable tonight but the players will need to raise their game. We could have been out the cup given the way we played vs Norwich and eased up at 2-0 vs Blackburn. Players will need to step up as they did last season in the quarter final. Think Eddie* should put a full strength team out whilst giving smoke signals re changes.

* if he isn’t at spurs by this time!!

No need to do that. It will be the reserves.

Take your point but last night was a strong team given gosling and surman started the season as the midfield duo plus we had franno cook and Daniels in defence while Wilson and Fraser came on plus Stan scored a cracker and is worthy of a starting place

I still think this sort of side is worth travelling to see. It’s not like past seasons with youth players drafted in.

Take your point but last night was a strong team given gosling and surman started the season as the midfield duo plus we had franno cook and Daniels in defence while Wilson and Fraser came on plus Stan scored a cracker and is worthy of a starting place

I still think this sort of side is worth travelling to see. It’s not like past seasons with youth players drafted in.

The players are good enough - they just have to play well, which they all have done in the recent past.

;