EFL Cup draw

Chelsea only scored one goal last night (Fabregas), the others were ogs. It seemed they needed a big hand to get through. Hopefully no ogs when we play them!

Anyone that thinks we'll play the first team in this fixture is deluded, or would some posters rather play a weakened side against Liverpool, Spurs or Man City?

I expect every player to get at least one game off between Wolves and Watford.

Anyone that thinks we'll play the first team in this fixture is deluded, or would some posters rather play a weakened side against Liverpool, Spurs or Man City?

I expect every player to get at least one game off between Wolves and Watford.

If it were up to me...I'd swap out a few of our best (say Wilson, Lerma, Fraser, Ake) against Man City away in order to put a stronger side out against Chelsea. Chances are we'll lose to City regardless of whether Wilson or Mousset plays up front, Ake or Mings plays CB. And chances for a semi final don't come around often.

This balancing discussion has been done to death I know. That's just my personal solution to it.

A pre Xmas shopping trip to London says Mrs G.

Wouldn't have been so keen if it was Middlesbrough away!

To whet your appetites, here is my review from last season's corresponding fixture

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/chelsea-report-and-mom.4685/#post-150471

Largely forgotten after our triumph in the subsequent league fixture, it was one hell of a cup tie. Arguably it belatedly kick-started our season. And look at the team we put out that night. If we can reproduce the same 2nd half performance level over 90 mins then anything is possible....

Chelsea have an away trip in the Europa League the Thursday before, then an away match at Brighton on the Sunday. So this will be the third game in 6 days for them.....

So it’s very likely our game will be played on Wednesday 19th December. Also likely to be on tv as the Gooner- Spurs game will be on Tuesday.

I'm generally quite happy for Eddie to play a weaker team in the cups but to do so this time would be bonkers if you ask me.

With a semi final against Boro' or Burton a possibility, this in my mind is the time to go all out for the win in the quarters. Especially if we've added another 6 points to our league total between now and then.

We genuinely may never get a better chance of getting to a cup final!

Still think that December fixture scheduling is insane. Big risk of muscle injuries so rotating players through the month is key. Big fear is king, Stanislas and Fraser given past years.

We could well be on 30 points in the PL by the time this tie comes around.
If so, why not direct greater resources to the Chelsea cup game over a PL game v Man City?

Last season's second half of the cup game at Stamford Bridge was our best 45 of the season IMO (even better than the PL win). And that was with a much weaker midfield than our current first choice and with Simpson at CB.

If - IF - Eddie plays the first team we have a decent chance.
Yes bud , a small ray of light in that first half of last season !
Remember Wee Man going round telling the players to calm down after we’d equalised - 17 seconds from kick off ...grrrrrr.

We have wolves away 2 days earlier , in my opinion if we have at least 26pts by then we should sacrifice that game so we can play a strong team against Chelsea. We should go for the cups as we will not go down and it is the only thing we can win. I also fancy our chances as we have a chance of getting Burton or Middlesbrough in the semi finals. Our next game after the Chelsea one is Brighton 5 days later. The boys should be fit by then.

;