Enes Unal

Exactly! As he's already demonstrated, in the area he appears to have knack of being in right place frequently. Thats what he's about imo.Appears to have good composure, finishing, technical ability, on top of strength and agility. Its not mistake wekeep seeing him popup and score/nearly score already. Once he regains sharpness, match fitness, I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

We appear to have agreed what seems a relatively low fee, should we elect to sign him. I reckon like Sini, we will sign him... seems no brainer tbh in current market, for that price with those attributes.
Agree completely. The header Vs Man City, the header cleared off of the line Vs Sheffield United before the goal, the header cleared off of the line Vs Luton before the Zabarnyi goal etc. He clearly has a knack of getting into scoring positions. That’s a lot of goal area involvement considering the minutes he has had.

From what has been reported it would seem that we have an obligation to sign him. A couple of reports said ‘based on certain conditions.’ Like the Traore deal, I imagine that those conditions would be us staying in the league.

I thought that we had already spent 20 mm to sign him, just after the January transfer window. He is a Bournemouth player already.
Did I miss something?

Unal looks quality. Different kind of striker to what I can recall us having before??

Very silky, clearly top flight level finisher/knack of being in right place at right time.

Just looked him up on Fm24 - I know, its just a game. But yes, technique, agility, finishing his strengths...

Sort of player that people may wonder about as not explosive, fast, or obviously strong, but always liable to crop in right place at right time. Good strength for diminutive frame...

Not quick at all, but not a sloth. Decent strength/agility though, that no doubt causes problems for some CB's.... his 'unique selling point' almost. Unusual combo tbh, as players tend to be bigger/stronger or more slight and agile (think Messi as 20 agility...).\

Coupled with 15 finishing and 14 composure, can see why he's likely to score frequently. Defo PL level striker with those stats, amd can see why he was so effective in La Liga, and why City had him on the books.... but not quite good enough to make grade at elite club.

View attachment 13645
Someone said it here before, but I think he's got a touch of the Yann Kermorgant about him, at a higher level of course.
I really like the look of him, he's my sons favourite player already so I hope we do snap him up.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

UNAL looks like an OK prospect.

One goal and a really nice assist for Semenyos winner.

Those waxing lyrical about him are perhaps wishing for the best.

He fits really well as an addition to Solanke, but if Solanke gets sold, which arguably he should from a financial perspective, really can't see how Unal replaces Solanke.

Really hoping he is the bargain of the century and goes on to great things, but just can't see him as being a major success as the lone front man in a PL team.

He's 27, scored some great goals in a much slower paced league.

He simply won't have the time on the ball in the PL that he has elsewhere.

Comparisons to Kermorgant are valid, but we saw how Yann, despite his skills, couldn't get a game in the PL as he lacked pace.

Unal is skillful, but is not a replacement for Solanke.

At the time that was Jackson, and we missed that boat.

Someone said it here before, but I think he's got a touch of the Yann Kermorgant about him, at a higher level of course.
I really like the look of him, he's my sons favourite player already so I hope we do snap him up
Your son's piggy bank is at risk!!

He fits really well as an addition to Solanke, but if Solanke gets sold, which arguably he should from a financial perspective, really can't see how Unal replaces Solanke.

Really hoping he is the bargain of the century and goes on to great things, but just can't see him as being a major success as the lone front man in a PL team.

Comparisons to Kermorgant are valid, but we saw how Yann, despite his skills, couldn't get a game in the PL as he lacked pace.

Nobody has said that he’s a Solanke replacement, just that he looks like a very promising forward with a different set of attributes to Dom.

The player that you can’t stop banging on about (Jackson) played and scored his goals in exactly the same ‘slower’ league, so I’m not sure how your logic works here.

And Unal is 26, not 27.

Apart from that spot on as always.

Nobody has said that he’s a Solanke replacement, just that he looks like a very promising forward with a different set of attributes to Dom.

The player that you can’t stop banging on about (Jackson) played and scored his goals in exactly the same ‘slower’ league, so I’m not sure how your logic works here.

And Unal is 26, not 27.

Apart from that spot on as always.
Yes, 26 but six weeks away from 27.

I tend to agree. He looks very promising but he's had so few minutes so far and just like other players who folk have been quick to jump on as crap so we shouldn't be doing the opposite with Unal over such a short time. As far as PL level I'm kind of going on the basis that Iraola having seen him during his time in Spain, figures that he can make it. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Jackson has 9 PL goals to his name and is 22 years old.

I know which one has greater potential.
He should have 99 PL goals to his name with the amount of chances he's missed.....he's not a natural finisher.........i agree that the jury is still out on Unal but the early signs are very promising.

Let's not compare Solankes every other PL season to Jacksons first aye??

Jackson is way ahead already, but let's not let facts get in the way of anything.

It took Solanke 75 PL games before he hit the heady heights of 9 goals, and that was across 3 seasons.

Jackson has done it in a fraction of the time and is 22 years old.

Solanke is a great player, but Jackson has a much higher ceiling.

Jackson doesnt seem by any account to be a natural out and out striker.... apart from fact Chelsea keep playing him there... I gues Poch knows more than us about football though :D

Everything about him screams inverted winger, perhaps 10 as his strongest suit... he isn't a natural goal scorer, finisher. Doesnt posses composure, finishing ability to lead the line... especially for a club like Chelsea.

Read again amonth or so back that Oshimen/Napoli have agreement for him to join Chelsea this summer.

I thought he was their plan all along, but not available last summer.

Just seemed odd/disproportionate signing Jackson to lead the line, given the money being spent on lb's dmc's and Chelseas stature, aspirations etc. So it makes sense to me.

Who cares how good Jackson is/could be? He isn’t our player and he won’t be our player. Get over it.

If we’re talking about a players ceiling then what about Semenyo, because he was the alternative that we signed to Jackson. 7 goals from the wing in his first full PL season isn’t bad is it? And for half the price of Jackson too. I don’t think that we did too badly out of that situation.

The guy is 22 and has signed for a huge club in Chelsea. The pressure will be immense, compared to Solankes duress at Bournemouth in his early days.

Think he's doing a very good job in his inaugural season is Jackson.

You can't deny it.

9 PL goals for Chelsea when he cost peanuts is an exceptional return, no two ways about it.

;