Enes Unal

I like the look of him, he’s a different type of player to Solanke for sure but certainly has his qualities. His movement looks to be very good and he looks silky on the ball. Reminds me of a more mobile version of Yann Kermogant.

Reactions: drd
I like the look of him, he’s a different type of player to Solanke for sure but certainly has his qualities. His movement looks to be very good and he looks silky on the ball. Reminds me of a more mobile version of Yann Kermogant.
I was thinking more of a Brett.

Get where you’re coming from but for me Brett was one of a kind, we’ll never see another like him. One second looking like he could barely run to the next dribbling half the length of the pitch and stroking home.
Well Brett would've certainly buried that first chance.....Unal seems like an out and out poacher to me....even in his little cameos this season he's been first to every rebound......not sure he'd get the numbers Dom has this season but he might not be far off.

Well Brett would've certainly buried that first chance.....Unal seems like an out and out poacher to me....even in his little cameos this season he's been first to every rebound......not sure he'd get the numbers Dom has this season but he might not be far off.
Looks a bit more than that to me. Seems to link play well and have decent movement too. Pulled out wide a few times today to put balls into the box. He looks like he can poach but wouldn’t define him purely as a poacher based on what I’ve seen.

Andoni seemingly confirmed we will sign Unal permanently in his post-match presser:

Following the Cherries' 3-0 win over Brighton this afternoon, BBC Sport asked Iraola whether the club wanted to sign the goalscorer permanently.

The Spanish manager answered: "Yeah, we told him yesterday that it was going to be made permanent.

"We are very happy, especially with his attitude and how he is integrating on and off the pitch. It is a very good signing for us."

My only concern about a hypothetical post Dom future of Unal up top and Kluivert behind would be a lack of physicality in holding the ball and holding off defenders. Semenyo certainly adds that from wide, but getting the best out of that as a trio would be a challenge.

All for the summer though!

My only concern about a hypothetical post Dom future of Unal up top and Kluivert behind would be a lack of physicality in holding the ball and holding off defenders. Semenyo certainly adds that from wide, but getting the best out of that as a trio would be a challenge.

If we sell Solanke then we will replace him. Need more than one striker. Moore won’t be here next year you’d hope.

The biggest concern is finding a striker as durable as Dom....how many strikers have played the minutes he has?.....no doubt Unal will score goals but he will miss games.....all about who we sign i suppose.....but we'll have to get lucky.

He's booked at 6"2" and around 170 lbs, so not tiny. If I'm reading it right, he has been pretty resilient - 30 plus games each year except 2020/21 - Covid year?

But sure we would need to add something. Foley did say there would be some departures and some "big signings", didn't he?

He's booked at 6"2" and around 170 lbs, so not tiny. If I'm reading it right, he has been pretty resilient - 30 plus games each year except 2020/21 - Covid year?

But sure we would need to add something. Foley did say there would be some departures and some "big signings", didn't he?
Yeh he has a good record of playing aside from the one injury. Obviously if Dom goes he needs to be replaced too though. Unal was the Moore upgrade. If we start next season with Unal and Moore as our only strikers we are in serious trouble if Unal gets injured. Hopefully Solanke stays though.

Yeh he has a good record of playing aside from the one injury. Obviously if Dom goes he needs to be replaced too though. Unal was the Moore upgrade. If we start next season with Unal and Moore as our only strikers we are in serious trouble if Unal gets injured. Hopefully Solanke stays though.
Yeah. Too early to start scouring the world for a Dom replacement, that will come in time (or maybe not). He is really making a name as an all-round player, hard to find I suspect.

;